Kathleen Wynne announces trade mission to China

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Kathleen Wynne announces trade mission to China

Ontario Premier Kathleen Wynne has announced she will be going on a trade mission to China later this month.

The announcement comes amid pro-democracy protests in Hong Kong — demonstrations the Chinese government has declared illegal.

Wynne says she supports the ability of people in any country to express their opinions in a peaceful environment.

The premier says she met with the consul general for China on Tuesday and expressed Ontario's support for freedom of speech, and she says she will deliver that message in China as well.

Wynne will leave on the week-long mission on Oct. 25 and will travel to Nanjing and Shanghai, then will head to Beijing, where she will join the premiers of Quebec and Prince Edward Island for a Council of the Federation mission.

...more Ontario economic goodness....

http://www.cbc.ca/m/news/canada/toronto/kathleen-wynne-announces-trade-mission-to-china-1.2783809

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
...more Ontario economic goodness....
Oh ya, with China trying to muscle in on elevators and logistic systems, of which are made in Ontario.

Oh ya, this spells great Ontario economic goodness...

Gawd damn some people are stupid, lolz.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
To think if the Liberals got a majority, the Ontario Economy would suck up every little dollar from our hands because of their incompetent management.

Oh wait... They did get majority and their currently doing better than Harper land with its 0 GDP growth.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
To think if the Liberals got a majority, the Ontario Economy would suck up every little dollar from our hands because of their incompetent management.
lolz, ya, a billion is such a number to scoff at.

Oh wait... They did get majority and their currently doing better than Harper land with its 0 GDP growth.
And we're still bleeding jobs.

Ford's expansion, won't make up the short fall.

Do you have any idea what's been lost in the auto sector alone?

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
You continue believing in that fleeting conservative ideology that will soon be erased from all levels of government in this country.

Here's a diabetic friendly cookie and a wetnap.

You'll get over it.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
You continue believing in that fleeting conservative ideology that will soon be erased from all levels of government in this country.

Here's a diabetic friendly cookie and a wetnap.

You'll get over it.
Oh oh, you get confronted with reality and resort to idiocy. Not surprising at all, but it would be nice if you grew up, just a little, lolz

Hey Flossy, why is Wynne's China junket all awesome for Ontario, but not Harpers Korea trip?

Why is her trip more a fluff piece about human rights than what she's actually planning on doing?

Just some questions I'm sure you won't answer, because you really want to get at the heart f things, lolz

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Wish I could get a nice taxpayer funded vacation ... err I mean Trade Mission ... to China. Or how about Fuji or the Bahamas?
Can you figure out what she going for?

Can't tell if it's actually a trade mission, like they say it or a human rights mission like they say it is, lol.

Whatever it, must be good, Flossy says so, lol.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Can you figure out what she going for?

Can't tell if it's actually a trade mission, like they say it or a human rights mission like they say it is, lol.

Whatever it, must be good, Flossy says so, lol.

She is going to see the Liberal connection. Maurice Strong.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I guess Flossy abandoned this thread after he realized how foolish it made him look.

I mean seriously, I'm waiting to see him tell me what her plan is. So far his little story tells us that she's going on a taxpayer funded vacation to tell the Chinese that they're doing human rights wrong.

I'm not sure how that will help us small business owners of Ontario.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I guess Flossy abandoned this thread after he realized how foolish it made him look.

I mean seriously, I'm waiting to see him tell me what her plan is. So far his little story tells us that she's going on a taxpayer vacation to tell the Chinese that they're doing human rights wrong.

Don't they have phones for crap like that?

I'm not sure how that will help us small business owners of Ontario.
Well....that's....um.....

'cuz, that's how.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
If Harper had announced a trip at this time they would have been all over him regarding Hong Kong and human rights.
I can hear Trudeau now..