Watch this utterly bizarre exchange in the Canadian Parliament

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

Yeah.

I hate Question Period. I used to actually watch it years ago.

No one actually answers a question.

Idiocy, playing to the cameras, and just plain arrogance is the order of the day.

It is almost as bad as when Chretien's caucus was told to cry out "racist" every time a Reform MP took the floor.

The Speaker needs to get a handle on this stuff.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Its where the opposition accuses the government of not answering questions
until the opposition becomes government and never answers the question
either.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
if these knuckleheads were not allowed to read these idiotic 'prepared' questions and answers and had to communicate like average schmucks on the fly, we might get further. sure, there'd be a lot of um's and er's and cursing, eye gouging and shoe tossing and whatnot but it would be a lot more entertaining and fruitful than this staged theatre of the purile.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
if these knuckleheads were not allowed to read these idiotic 'prepared' questions and answers and had to communicate like average schmucks on the fly, we might get further. sure, there'd be a lot of um's and er's and cursing, eye gouging and shoe tossing and whatnot but it would be a lot more entertaining and fruitful than this staged theatre of the purile.
Make that whole part of the day a 'quiet time' for all of them and the rest of the 24 hours in a day is answering all the e-mails that are in the question box and the replies copied to the public archives. Each member would be expected to cover about 400 questions per day per 5 day week or face a cut in pay and those questions get moved to the top of the pile.

The good news is that they must have used up all the 'good' material already and now the sloppy stuff is good enough' for the peasants, they should be grateful that the elite even take the trouble to even think up a lie when there are always 'other options'.
It would appear our actual role in these events will be quite small, about on paer with our Arab spring moment. Be nice to see us crack open some rainy day funds and remodel the place so it we are better prepared for the climatic social changes about the sweep a barren land frigid land and and a barren and hot tempered people. That'll be $50, . . . . . each. lol if only, do i hear $5???

Last edited:

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
The people on the thread or in the vid? One would be overpaid and the other would be an ego issue. In my case I have testimony that points to me being 'worthless' and as such would have no 'agenda or motive' that would leave ego. I have one, that's only because I am right 'most of the time' and the one time I thought I was wrong ended up that I was right all along and therein lays my one error. That stops me have having an over-blown ego, it doesn't stop me from having one that can be over or under inflated, depending on the subject. ( I did this just this way to show what extremism would be, truth is everything I know is what is left over from the failed attempts that needed correcting to one degree or another, that is the opposite side of the scale. IMO

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
Yeah.

I hate Question Period. I used to actually watch it years ago.

No one actually answers a question.

I went to it once a week for about a month my first year living in Ottawa. Not a single question answered. I stopped. The debates still have their moments though.

Its where the opposition accuses the government of not answering questions
until the opposition becomes government and never answers the question
either.

Are you implying Mulcair will form a government? :p