what do you think about asylum seekers detention?

what do you want?

• send them back no matter what

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • leave the situation the way it is

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • shorten detention to a month and improve health and safety conditions

• close all detention centers, charity-run place

• Total voters

milky

Sep 18, 2014
if people are really refugees and their lives are at risk, do you prefer them in a prison awaiting immigration hearing, released into society, or, if the government is afraid they won't show up for immigration hearing, how about a fenced-in building with a high stone fence, security cameras, and security guards patrolling and a guard outside the gate. but the refugees given a key to their own rooms and allowed in the building and yard whenever they want, run by charity workers, nuns, and social workers. they won't be housed with criminals. the place will be reserved only for refugees, and they would be given clothes people gave to charity and not prison uniforms. won't be told when to wake up and when to go to sleep, and it's the charity workers who'll work with them, teach them english etc, not the guards telling them what to do.

and do you think when children under ten are in detention, locked in cells and forced to wear prison uniforms, this is considered child abuse?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Do the poll in all the Reservations and that should give you an answer.
I'm guessing the OP thinks the Reservations are a fine solution and in another 100 years they will still be the 'final solution to Canada's Indian problem'.
In a civilized world it would be the ones making people refugees that are 'removed' rather than their violence is full of rewards, real and imagined.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
"I'm fleeing violence in my home country!"

"Don't worry and welcome. We'll send you to Chicago, Los Angeles, or Washington D.C."