Harper, early on, seemed to care about human rights and UN initiatives

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
He doesn't even pretend to care about pollution as evidenced once again by his boycotting of the UN meet on Sept 23.

He's selling Canadian resources out to foreigners that at one time he didn't agree with at all, and yet those foreigners haven't changed their ways.

"'I think Canadians want us to promote our trade relations worldwide, and we do that, but I don't think Canadians want us to sell out important Canadian values,'' Harper said.

Chinese President Hu Jintao won't meet with Prime Minister Stephen Harper in Hanoi, which is being seen by some as a snub over Canada's criticism of China's human rights record. 'They don't want us to sell that out to the almighty dollar.'"

After that crazy talk, I think Harper's sponsors sat him down in a boardroom in Calgary and explained the facts of life to him. The fact that he always was, and always would be, an Imperial Oil mail room clerk.

I imagine that meeting would have gone something like this:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKkRDMil0bw

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
You would have the government Destroy our economy because of politics in another country. Harper is right to ignore the UN and should in fact remove Canada from that farce.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
The United Nations is a useless, corrupt organization concerned only with maintaining and expanding its influence in the world.

The more Harper ignores the UN, the happier I am.

The only thing that makes me happier is when the UN ignores Canada.