Rob Ford going public with bomb threat results in grievance filed by city workers

mentalfloss
What a maroon.

Rob Ford going public with bomb threat results in grievance filed by city workers

The union representing 20,000 workers at the City of Toronto is filing a grievance over what it’s calling a “complete breakdown” of city protocol when Mayor Rob Ford went public on Monday with a bomb threat emailed to his brother, councillor Doug Ford.

Tim Maguire, president of CUPE Local 79, said the mayor was “irresponsible” to hold a scrum outside his office, during which he spoke of the threat. He said the mayor put City Hall employees and visitors to the building at risk by speaking publicly.

“This crosses a line when people’s health and safety, when their state of mind when they’re trying to deliver service to Torontonians is interrupted by this irresponsible handling of a threat like this,” said Mr. Maguire.

The City of Toronto’s Bomb Threat and Suspicious Package Response Policy asks that public employees “not make any comments to any members of the public or media regarding any threat or evacuation at any City of Toronto facility” and that the situation should be kept calm “for the safety of employees and the public.”

Mr. Maguire said City Hall employees were “wondering what to do” as a result of the mayor’s press scrum and many left the building in response.

“If the protocol isn’t followed then there could be chaos and pandemonium around people reacting with passion rather than rationally to a threat like this,” he said. “We also want to make sure that people that are issuing these threats…aren’t emboldened to get the kind of attention they might be looking for.”

He said he wants the Ministry of Labour to investigate the city’s response to the threat and whether the current policy needs adjustment to better protect public employees.

Rob Ford going public with bomb threat results in grievance filed by city workers’ union | National Post

IdRatherBeSkiing
He should have just let them go boom.

B00Mer
Republican
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalflossView Post

What a maroon.

Can I say, you're just a Moron from giving this fat knucklehead more air time.. and for not knowing how to spell Moron.

petros
Maroon is an insult.

lone wolf
Free Thinker
+1
#5  Top Rated Post

httpwwwyoutubecomwatchvhxGgnI6kCrs

B00Mer
Republican
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

Maroon is an insult.

Maroon is a color.. please provide a link where Maroon is an insult in the English language.

Ya Buffoon.

I have never in all my life heard "maroon" as an insult, never.. googeling it myself.

Hummm

Neckbeard, mansplain, now in Oxford Dictionary online: Amazeballs (external - login to view)
Last edited by B00Mer; Aug 15th, 2014 at 12:58 PM..

mentalfloss
+1

Zipperfish
No Party Affiliation
+1
What? And miss an opportunity to get his fat face in front of a camera?

DaSleeper
+1
This is just sour grapes on the part of the unions maybe because of the way he handled the garbage strike, among other things???

damngrumpy
No Party Affiliation
None of these people in that particular city hall understand how silly they all look.
Rob Ford is the head of a menagerie of idiots. Its a wonder the city has any
credibility left at all

DaSleeper
Quote: Originally Posted by damngrumpyView Post

None of these people in that particular city hall understand how silly they all look.
Rob Ford is the head of a menagerie of idiots. Its a wonder the city has any
credibility left at all

You realise that most of them are as left wing as you can get and if you didn't have a separate vote for mayor and the leader was elected by the councillors, Toronto would really be in trouble .......

QuebecCanadian
He had a "scrum" before evacuating the building? Nice!

And Boomer....Can I just say half the time your avatars are really offensive?

Walter
Had Ford not informed the media of the bomb threat the unions would be charging him with dereliction of duty.

lone wolf
Free Thinker
Dunno ... but if the cops ask you to keep it under your hat, and you go blab it off anyhow, aren't you running the risk of Obstruct Justice in all those photo ops?

DaSleeper
Did the cops ask him not to say anything?

lone wolf
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeperView Post

Did the cops ask him not to say anything?

Just a policy ... one of those things that would get me a fine and Ford a handshake....

no new posts