Liberals now pulling away from Cons into majority territory

mentalfloss
+1
Looks like Ontario is going to give Harper the boot.

The Liberals averaged 38.7% support in July, up 5.7 points from June and the highest they have recorded going back at least as far as before 2009. It was also their first month of increase since January, and stretches their lead overt the Conservatives to 16 months.

The Conservatives were down 2.9 points, averaging 28.1% support. The New Democrats were down 2.6 points to 21.7%, their lowest result since April 2011.

ThreeHundredEight.com: July 2014 federal polling averages (external - login to view)

Ludlow
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalflossView Post

Looks like Ontario is going to give Harper the boot.

The Liberals averaged 38.7% support in July, up 5.7 points from June and the highest they have recorded going back at least as far as before 2009. It was also their first month of increase since January, and stretches their lead overt the Conservatives to 16 months.

The Conservatives were down 2.9 points, averaging 28.1% support. The New Democrats were down 2.6 points to 21.7%, their lowest result since April 2011.

ThreeHundredEight.com: July 2014 federal polling averages (external - login to view)

I know nothing about Canadian politics so take this for what it's worth. If conservatism represents the status quo and liberalism represents changing the way things are then your statistics might be telling you people are not satisfied with the way things are. Maybe conservatives ought to think about letting go of a few things.

lone wolf
Free Thinker
They will.... If it's not just before the election, it will be an election promise. That's all you need to know about Canadian politics

mentalfloss
+1
They can't let go.

That's part of the conservative magic.

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
+1
Another poll that will be foiled again by another Harper majority.... Just like with the promises from the pollsters with Ignatieff and Dion... Hell, the Liberals lost official status as a Party last time a 'Liberal majority' was predicted.

mentalfloss
This isn't a prediction.

It's the current state at the polls.

B00Mer
Republican
How Conservatives are setting stage for 2015 election: Analysis | Toronto Star

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois

This isn't a prediction.

So basically, it's nothing, right?

mentalfloss
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morganView Post

Locutus

This isn't a prediction.

we'll see him at the polling stations after work today eh.

petros
+2
Are these daytime poll numbers, supper hour numbers or prime time TV numbers?

Poll 1000 people who are at work, and 1000 who are unemployed with nothing better to do.

Would these numbers read the same way?

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

we'll see him at the polling stations after work today eh.

Pretty much.... The election is a long ways out, so the poll today is about as useful as teats on a bull

But hey, if that is the life preserver that MF needs to get through the day, then good on him I say

petros
Libs will win in the West by re-electing Ralph. It only takes one man to change everything from Kenora westward.

Corduroy
+4
I always find these kinds of polls dubious. At least they're broken down by region (and some by province) but we don't vote by region or by province. We vote in ridings. And of course during an election campaign people form better opinions of candidates. Things can fluctuate more easily.

Angstrom
Liberal
Told you so, told you so , told you so.

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by CorduroyView Post

I always find these kinds of polls dubious. At least they're broken down by region (and some by province) but we don't vote by region or by province. We vote in ridings. And of course during an election campaign people form better opinions of candidates. Things can fluctuate more easily.

You're correct. Going by a vague provincial poll shows nothing. Is the riding of Regina/Wascana a Liberal outpost or do they simpily like Ralph as their MP ?

Liberalman
As the federal Conservative party in Canada tries to take more rights away from the voters the neo-cons become the losers

petros
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by LiberalmanView Post

As the federal Conservative party in Canada tries to take more rights away from the voters the neo-cons become the losers

Like what?

lone wolf
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by AngstromView Post

Told you so, told you so , told you so.

Told you so, told you so told you so

Now.... What is so?

petros
+2
Maybe he mean't sew?

lone wolf
Free Thinker
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

Maybe he mean't sew?

Hmm.... Never thought of that....

now ya got me in stitches

Ludlow
No Party Affiliation
When I was in High School and that was a heck of a long time ago, we had these clubs that we belonged to. One of them was called the Vikings. We wore rough out cowboy boots ,so we could look like drugstore cowboys and dang didn't we think we were cool. There were other clubs too . you were kind of categorized by the club you belonged to. But, we were kids. When we became adults, the clubs we belonged too didn't matter anymore. We grew the hell up. I hope the h word isn't a cuss word..

JLM
No Party Affiliation
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by CorduroyView Post

You got the picture, the figures to believe are the ones that emerge on election day. (As I'm sure Adrian Dix will attest to) -

Angstrom
Liberal
+1
Con's are done. Called it when Trudeau Jr. Walked in as lib leader. I'll me telling you so after the next election

JLM
No Party Affiliation
+1

Con's are done. Called it when Trudeau Jr. Walked in as lib leader. I'll me telling you so after the next election

Jr. will be lucky to get the neighbourhood dog vote! -

Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

Libs will win in the West by re-electing Ralph. It only takes one man to change everything from Kenora westward.

Nah, Ralph was elected once before! -

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
+3

You represent the target female demographic... Mind you, that is based on a 1960's ideal where women generally stayed at home baking pies and thought PET was dreamy.

Your sexual fixation with Justin is not healthy

damngrumpy
No Party Affiliation
+1
A poll is a snapshot in time but the Tories have been in trouble for over a year
and its not getting any better. The Liberals I think have an excellent chance
and the NDP could take advantage of a split making it worse for Harper we'll
see

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by damngrumpyView Post

A poll is a snapshot in time but the Tories have been in trouble for over a year
and its not getting any better. The Liberals I think have an excellent chance
and the NDP could take advantage of a split making it worse for Harper we'll
see

The B.C. Liberals had been in "trouble" for over 10 years and yet Crispy beat the snot out of Dixie Cup! -
Jr. doesn't have the strength of character to run a country. He may do O.K. if he started out with a small one like Luxembourg.

Angstrom
Liberal
+1

You represent the target female demographic... Mind you, that is based on a 1960's ideal where women generally stayed at home baking pies and thought PET was dreamy.

Your sexual fixation with Justin is not healthy

This has little to do with sex. But you mentioning it every time helps him you do realize.
It's more a case of Harper handing the thrown over by default. Harper government only works in a minority.

And yes I've told you soo

Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

The B.C. Liberals had been in "trouble" for over 10 years and yet Crispy beat the snot out of Dixie Cup! -
Jr. doesn't have the strength of character to run a country. He may do O.K. if he started out with a small one like Luxembourg.

Old gezzers like you are a dieing breed. There are to few of you left to stop Jr. From wining

JLM
No Party Affiliation

This has little to do with sex. But you mentioning it every time helps him you do realize.
It's more a case of Harper handing the thrown over by default.

Why is a past participle preceded by an article?