Harper Cons Don't Show the Christian Love

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Ottawa is refusing to bring injured children from Gaza to Canada for treatment, despite pleas from hospitals, health-care workers and the Ontario government.

It’s too risky to transport injured children and keep them away from family, Foreign Affairs spokesperson Adam Hodge via email. He said Ottawa’s “exploring” other kinds of aid but wouldn’t say what that would entail or when it would materialize.

In the meantime, Izzeldine Abuelaish can’t believe anyone would refuse to help a hurt child.

Ontario Health Minister Eric Hoskins said in a statement there is a “moral responsibility” to provide assistance to children injured in conflict zones.

Hamilton Health Sciences, Kingston General Hospital, Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario, The Hospital for Sick Children and London Health Sciences have all said they support Hoskins’ decision.

But Ottawa is not on board.

Ottawa refuses to let injured Gaza children into Canada for treatment | Globalnews.ca

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Ottawa is refusing to bring injured children from Gaza to Canada for treatment, despite pleas from hospitals, health-care workers and the Ontario government.

It’s too risky to transport injured children and keep them away from family, Foreign Affairs spokesperson Adam Hodge via email. He said Ottawa’s “exploring” other kinds of aid but wouldn’t say what that would entail or when it would materialize.

In the meantime, Izzeldine Abuelaish can’t believe anyone would refuse to help a hurt child.

Ontario Health Minister Eric Hoskins said in a statement there is a “moral responsibility” to provide assistance to children injured in conflict zones.

Hamilton Health Sciences, Kingston General Hospital, Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario, The Hospital for Sick Children and London Health Sciences have all said they support Hoskins’ decision.

Ottawa refuses to let injured Gaza children into Canada for treatment | Globalnews.ca

Exactly where does it state that Canada is the free medical clinic and surgical centre for the World?

... Maybe I didn't get the memo.

@tay... There's nothing stopping you from cracking open your wallet and sending cash for 'medical' (aka: bomb making) purposes.

Spend your own fukking cash; not mine

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

Yeah....I don't get this one.

My bet is the problem is logistics. You can not fly into Gaza. The border with Egypt is closed. The IDF is involved in combat operations in Gaza, so I doubt anyone will be coming out through Israel.........

Wait until Hamas quits shooting, then these unfortunates can be evacuated through Israel. And my guess is that all roadblocks to bringing children to Canada for treatment will evaporate at that point.

I certainly hope so.

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
"And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me."
- Matthew 25:40

Where is Loc, we need some Flood Control.. :lol:

And poophead control.

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
Try to follow along. This thread is about leadership that purports to be Christian yet their actions belie that claim.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
How many threads you planning on posting this in?

Where is Loc, we need some Flood Control.. :lol:

The other mention of this was by goreobessed in the big thread. That's all I could find.

Anyway, did you know that nobody at CC has to reply in this thread? I mean, nobody.

You could let this wither and die. ;-)

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Try to follow along. This thread is about leadership that purports to be Christian yet their actions belie that claim.

Just saying you have to believe in God or be Christian for this thread to have any relevance.. so your bible quotes.

It's not about being Christian, it's about common sense and personal responsibility.

If somebody tells you to move, there is going to be a rocket hit your building, and you don't, and follow Hamas's instruction to stay... it's somehow the responsibility of other nations to take you in and care for you??

It the same debate we had here on CC before, A Canadian woman who was injured in a skydiving accident in the U.S. is being flown home, but she owes $500,000 for her American medical care. Now she will be a burden to Canadian taxpayers because she didn't have adequate health Insurance before she took such a risky adventure south of the border.

$12 a year if you live in Alberta via Blue Cross for US Health Insurance up to 1 million.

http://forums.canadiancontent.net/c...-private-coverage-denied-markeys-medical.html

IT'S PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY..

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Yeah....I don't get this one.

My bet is the problem is logistics. You can not fly into Gaza. The border with Egypt is closed. The IDF is involved in combat operations in Gaza, so I doubt anyone will be coming out through Israel.........

Wait until Hamas quits shooting, then these unfortunates can be evacuated through Israel. And my guess is that all roadblocks to bringing children to Canada for treatment will evaporate at that point.

I certainly hope so.

You should roll dice instead of guessing. The day Hamas unconditionally surrenders is the day that all Gazans die at the hands of Israeli murderers.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
First of all the West is supposed to be the policeman of the world
Second the West is supposed to be the peacemaker of the world
Third we are supposed to fix all the broken people in the world who
by their own actions condemn their children to a life of suffering
because they themselves want to dictate life and its customs to the
world

Right now Hamas is meeting some of its neighbors. Mr Consequence
and Mr Responsibility. When you set out on a destructive path things
happen and its not the leaders with their vent of domination and dictatorship
that suffer its the women and children.
First they don't give a damn about the women and the children seem to
be a never ending supply of indoctrinated human bombs for the benefit
of a bloodthirsty leadership. Oh Israel is by no means perfect we all know that.
Given the choice who would you rather have next door Israel or the Whacked
out group called Hamas, Icis, and a host of other insane groups that want to
take us back to the tenth century? The time has come for the enlightened world
to say we have had enough.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
You should roll dice instead of guessing. The day Hamas unconditionally surrenders is the day that all Gazans die at the hands of Israeli murderers.

Oh brother same rhetoric.

You need some new material Darkbeaver.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
First of all the West is supposed to be the policeman of the world
Second the West is supposed to be the peacemaker of the world
Third we are supposed to fix all the broken people in the world who
by their own actions condemn their children to a life of suffering
because they themselves want to dictate life and its customs to the
world

Right now Hamas is meeting some of its neighbors. Mr Consequence
and Mr Responsibility. When you set out on a destructive path things
happen and its not the leaders with their vent of domination and dictatorship
that suffer its the women and children.
First they don't give a damn about the women and the children seem to
be a never ending supply of indoctrinated human bombs for the benefit
of a bloodthirsty leadership. Oh Israel is by no means perfect we all know that.
Given the choice who would you rather have next door Israel or the Whacked
out group called Hamas, Icis, and a host of other insane groups that want to
take us back to the tenth century? The time has come for the enlightened world
to say we have had enough.

The enlightened world? Oh you mean that part that mercilessly conducts warfare on any and every weaker nation with the intent of wholesale rape and resource plunder, and instructs it's citizens constantly from the age of five about the miracle of western superiority. You're missing the right number of screws for this realm.

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
Last edited: