Mayoral candidates show their moves

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Mayoral candidates show their moves
ANGELA HENNESSY, Toronto Sun
First posted: Saturday, July 19, 2014 07:29 PM EDT | Updated: Saturday, July 19, 2014 07:33 PM EDT
TORONTO - Toronto mayoral candidates decided to let their hips do the campaigning Saturday.
Karen Stintz, Olivia Chow, Sarah Thomson and David Soknacki took to the stage in the Mayoral Candidate Latino dance challenge and wowed the crowd with their moves at the 10th annual Salsa on St. Clair street festival.
They danced for about five minutes with coaches beside them, while a crowd of hundreds cheered them on in the rain.
“I was really impressed with all their dancing, but especially Olivia’s,” Bruce Mills said.
Mills said that based on their dancing he would vote for Chow in the upcoming mayoral election.
“She was really very good.”
His wife Veronica agreed and said that both Chow and Stintz had out-danced their competition.
“They all did very well, I was surprised that they could dance so good,” Jackie Lovell, who had come from Markham with her daughter to see the festival, said. “It’s so nice to see candidates participating like this.”
No official winner was declared in the competition but voters are invited to dance their way to the polls Oct. 27.
Mayoral candidates show their moves | Toronto & GTA | News | Toronto Sun
Mayoral candidates don dancing shoes at Salsa on St. Clair
July 19, 2014
A little rain didn’t stop the mayoral candidates from putting on their dancing shoes at the Salsa on St. Clair. CityNews reporter Natalie Duddridge spoke with the candidates about why these events are important.
Mayoral candidates don dancing shoes at Salsa on St. Clair | CityNews

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
I want to see rob ford re-elected. I ENJOY my morning coffee and paper. His opponents are funny as hell.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
OMG - Olivia Chow is such a liar and hypocrite. We need to start doing our homework to find out more about the people who are running for political office. Deciding to vote for someone because of the way they dance shows how dumbed down our population is becoming and that's pretty scary.

JMHO

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
OMG - Olivia Chow is such a liar and hypocrite. We need to start doing our homework to find out more about the people who are running for political office. Deciding to vote for someone because of the way they dance shows how dumbed down our population is becoming and that's pretty scary.

JMHO

Glad to see it's "not just me". "Olivia Chow" aka "Layton's coat tails".

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
I'll be it was a fabulous event.