Les contrasts

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Liberal statement on the situation in Israel and Gaza

Posted on July 8, 2014

MONTREAL – Liberal Foreign Affairs Critic, Marc Garneau, today issued the following statement on the situation in Israel and Gaza:
“The Liberal Party of Canada is greatly concerned about the escalating violence in Israel and the Gaza Strip.

“We strongly urge all parties to without delay seek an immediate ceasefire. All possible steps must be taken to protect civilian life.

“The only path to peace is through negotiation. All sides must demonstrate restraint and a real commitment to peace if this violence is to be quelled.”

http://www.liberal.ca/newsroom/news-release/liberal-statement-situation-israel-gaza/

Statement by the Prime Minister of Canada in response to the situation in Israel

“The indiscriminate rocket attacks from Gaza on Israel are terrorist acts, for which there is no justification. It is evident that Hamas is deliberately using human shields to further terror in the region.

“Failure by the international community to condemn these reprehensible actions would encourage these terrorists to continue their appalling actions. Canada calls on its allies and partners to recognize that these terrorist acts are unacceptable and that solidarity with Israel is the best way of stopping the conflict.

“Canada is unequivocally behind Israel. We support its right to defend itself, by itself, against these terror attacks, and urge Hamas to immediately cease their indiscriminate attacks on innocent Israeli civilians.

“Canada reiterates its call for the Palestinian government to disarm Hamas and other Palestinian terrorist groups operating in Gaza, including the Iranian proxy, Palestinian Islamic Jihad.”

Statement by the Prime Minister of Canada in response to the situation in Israel | Prime Minister of Canada

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
There really are no sides to choose when both parties to war have their hearts set on war

I chose the side that best suits my interests. Looks like Harper agrees.

I just wish Harper would say" we side with Isreal because it best suits our interests as Canadians instead of this whole propaganda BS terrorist crap.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
At least the liberals sound genuine with there're statement.

Not that I really care if both sides wipe each other off the face of this earth.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
When they're finished with Gaza they come for you.

Harper is a beast.

They coming for yuh Beav...

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
They coming for yuh Beav...

I doubt it very much, um special.

At least the liberals sound genuine with there're statement.

Not that I really care if both sides wipe each other off the face of this earth.

That can't happen. There will always be Israelis. It's nature Angstrom. The birds and the Bees. Negative and positive, life.

No pai no gain, love thy enemy, they hate that, drives them nuts.

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
I actually think Israel should not fight back, just knock the rockets out. After a year or two it will be obvious even to the most blind who is doing the instigating.

Count_Lothian

Time Out
Apr 6, 2014
It's really never the place of the opposition to voice strong Canadian government foreign policy.
Appealing to both sides is a good side to show of Canada.

Personally, I've come to the conclusion they should just bulldoze the whole Palestinian terrirtories that are bases of rocket fire.
Turn it into a dematerialized zone , a no man's land if you will.
When the Arab world decides to be civil to the State of Israel and it's people allow them back in to build if they want.

If they start the bull **** over again , bull doze it all and make it once again a dematerialized zone.

the palestininas either want to support perpetual war or start building a future without war.

Hamas would be out of a job as would Hezbollah and so it's quite possable those two terrorist organization will never allow for the Palestinians to enjoy the fruits of a sane world.

I actually think Israel should not fight back, just knock the rockets out. After a year or two it will be obvious even to the most blind who is doing the instigating.
Israel has done this for years.

Over and over allowed the nonsense to continue , without actual military strikes.

enough is enough, it's been going on for decades.

Count_Lothian

Time Out
Apr 6, 2014
Actually i want to point out i realize Israel has used military force in the past often enough, but they have tried to be the silent victim for the world to see on many occasions.

Two many people hate Jews for it to be noticed.

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
The truth of the matter is that hard liners want Israel gone, not a dual state, not a free Palestine.
They want it all. Into the sea with Israel.

If the Jews and the Palestinians find Peace the agitators will be out of a job.

Can't have that, they might have to get a real job.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
It's really never the place of the opposition to voice strong Canadian government foreign policy.
Appealing to both sides is a good side to show of Canada.

Personally, I've come to the conclusion they should just bulldoze the whole Palestinian terrirtories that are bases of rocket fire.
Turn it into a dematerialized zone , a no man's land if you will.
When the Arab world decides to be civil to the State of Israel and it's people allow them back in to build if they want.

If they start the bull **** over again , bull doze it all and make it once again a dematerialized zone.

the palestininas either want to support perpetual war or start building a future without war.

Hamas would be out of a job as would Hezbollah and so it's quite possable those two terrorist organization will never allow for the Palestinians to enjoy the fruits of a sane world.

Israel has done this for years.

Over and over allowed the nonsense to continue , without actual military strikes.

enough is enough, it's been going on for decades.

Rub out the gold laying birds are you insane? You should look up the benifits of stress. No war no Israel.

Count_Lothian

Time Out
Apr 6, 2014
Rub out the gold laying birds are you insane? You should look up the benifits of stress. No war no Israel.

there are a lot of places on the planet for that scenario to be played out.

Israel is a nation. A sliver of land granted to one of the founding peoples of a much larger land mass.

Your theory in practice, is what i thought was the cause for it's inception by the British.

But it no longer matters wheter it's part and parcel to the military economy.

It's well beyond that.
Now it's a mater of respect for a peoples.

the Palestinians and the Jews.
Both thrust in a venue by the Brits, both deserving a piece of their own land.

Montreal created man made islands for Expo67 that still exist today.

this is what is needed for peace.