Clinic sources confirm Rob Ford was verbally abusive, kicked out of rehab

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Sounds like your typical Conjob.

Rob Ford ‘disruptive’ in rehab, sources say

Mayor Rob Ford pushed and scuffled with fellow rehab residents and was so verbally abusive that he was kicked out of his group therapy program, according to people who have knowledge of his two month stay at GreeneStone .

These accounts of what one person referred to as “destructive behaviour” stands in stark contrast to Ford’s recent public statements that he had a healthy experience and takes his recovery seriously.

“Ford broke things, got into fights with other residents,” said one source with knowledge of the mayor’s time in rehab at the resort-turned-drug and alcohol rehabilitation facility in Muskoka.

“Ford stopped people from sharing their stories, which is key to a successful rehab experience,” said another source. “Other residents felt intimidated. They felt he was a bully. He was always saying he did not belong there.”

Management was concerned Ford continued to use drugs or alcohol during his time in rehab. The Star was unable to determine if Ford abused any substances during his two month stint.

GreeneStone’s wooded property has a well known “nature walk” and a concern of staff is that some residents meet their drug dealers or people providing alcohol at the far end of the walk.

Police were called at least once to deal with an incident at GreeneStone during Ford’s time. It’s not known if the police visit was related to Ford. The OPP, which patrols the area, said that any information about police calls to GreeneStone could only be obtained by making a freedom of information request, a process that takes months.

For this story, the Star has obtained accounts of Ford’s time in rehab from three people with knowledge of his time there, including a fellow patient, and from others, including a staffer, who provided accounts through an intermediary. Due to concerns over publicly breaching the confidentiality of the treatment facility, the sources asked that their names not be published.

Just a few days into his time there, according to sources, addiction counsellors were shaking their heads.

“We are not paid enough to deal with this guy,” one counsellor remarked during a conversation with another counsellor.

“Rob Ford literally had the run of the place. There were no rules around Rob Ford,” said another source.

In the hallways and common areas, Ford argued, pushed and shoved other patients who were angry that Ford had “brought his circus with him,” sources said.

During the morning group sessions, where residents are encouraged to share their deepest secrets, Ford was abusive to other residents, shouting them down, refusing to listen, swearing constantly, sources told the Star.

By the halfway mark of the two months, his small therapy group had had enough and Ford was told to leave the small group. A private counsellor was asked to do one-on-one therapy with Ford.

Rob Ford ‘disruptive’ in rehab, sources say

Last edited:

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
I heard he was running through Gravenhurst naked waving his willy at all the homosexuals.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
I heard he went to church every day and asked for forgiveness from God.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
I heard he had sex with every female nurse at the rehab center.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
My take on this is it sounds like someone detoxing.

If the behavior continued after the substance had left his body and his body began to heal then there is an indicator that a lot is happening with him that can not be taken care of in a two month period. I think anyone who has had experience with a drug addict or an alcoholic will confirm...it doesn't just go away after a few weeks. It's a serious battle for life. .

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
It does wonders for the confidentiality of this two-bit joint for future customers, wondering if their anonymity could be revealed by another in-patient or do-dooder 'counselor'. .

bush league all the way.

star shoulda just said 'thanks but no thanks' for the gossip.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
There may have been 0 which would make his statement 100% true.

I was giving him the benefit of the doubt- something he may be a little short of these days! -:)

My take on this is it sounds like someone detoxing.

If the behavior continued after the substance had left his body and his body began to heal then there is an indicator that a lot is happening with him that can not be taken care of in a two month period. I think anyone who has had experience with a drug addict or an alcoholic will confirm...it doesn't just go away after a few weeks. It's a serious battle for life. .

You're right, but they can be functional after a couple of months. Years ago I worked for a boss who was as alcoholic as it gets, but it was a good thing for him, his boss didn't accept any more of his bullsh*t. He did a month in rehab but upon his release he told his boss, he didn't feel he was quite ready to return to work. His boss told him he would report to work Monday morning or he could forget it. He did, never missed a beat and never took another drink. You can't be molly coddling these types, but by the same token you don't heckle them like the disgraceful display on T.V. last night. These guys are human, just totally f**Ked up!

Anyone for squash?

Mine are growing well, but won't be ready to eat for a month or two yet!

Highball

Council Member
Jan 28, 2010
This is further evidence of his attempt to fool his constituents into thinking he is a changed person. This is but another chapter of the charade Rob Ford lives in.