Quelle surprise - NDP care more about public service union members than taxpayers

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
The opposition New Democratic Party is calling for clearer rules to govern millions of dollars worth of performance pay for public service executives as well as for parliamentary hearings into how that money is being doled out.

“What strikes me is a real lack of consistency and that’s explained by the fact that there aren’t clear rules in place for bonus pay,” NDP Treasury Board critic Mathieu Ravignat told iPolitics. “You would think that what you would want would be a public service that is rewarded on the basis of merit at the executive level but in a clear and consistent way across departments and that’s not what we’re seeing happening.”

“There doesn’t seem to be rhyme or reason with regard to types of departments where performance pay has increased,” he added. “There’s an overall decrease but then there are some sharp increases in some departments which doesn’t really make any sense.”

more handwringing, brother

NDP calls for study of performance pay, bonuses

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
The NDP must make a choice and soon they either get on with their focus on unions,
small business and farmers their traditional base or they tie their horse to the
environmental wagon and believe me they can't do both.
You can't be all for jobs and workers rights, and be in favor of raising the fortunes of
small business and farmers and at the same time be in favor of a thousand rules that
are advocated by the Granola People that restrict the ability of the others to make
the economy grow with a balance of progress and the rights of workers in the workplace.
It is clearly time to chose in practical terms

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
They are a very small percentage of the total.

Here have a Snickers