Lower energy output dampens Canadian growth in April

mentalfloss

Lower energy output dampens Canadian growth in April

Lower oil and gas production caused Canada’s economic growth to come in lower than expected at 0.1 per cent in April, according to Statistics Canada data released on Monday, matching March’s rise but below the 0.2-per-cent forecast.

Taken to a second decimal point, real growth in gross domestic product was actually 0.14 per cent. Excluding oil and gas extraction, it was a more respectable 0.19 per cent.

Oil and gas production fell by 0.8 per cent during the month, affected by maintenance at some petroleum facilities, Statistics Canada said. Mining and quarrying fell by 1.3 per cent. All the data is adjusted for seasonal factors.

Service-producing industries rose by 0.3 per cent while goods-producing industries fell by the same amount. In the goods sector, only manufacturing rose, with agriculture and forestry, utilities and construction all down, in addition to mining, oil and gas.

Lower energy output dampens Canadian growth in April - The Globe and Mail

petros
1 word. Winter.

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
I suppose that the OP is strong support as to why it makes so much sense to encourage more oil development adn the corresponding pipelines to get the energy to market.

Sounds like it's in the National Interest to me

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morganView Post

I suppose that the OP is strong support as to why it makes so much sense to encourage more oil development adn the corresponding pipelines to get the energy to market.

Sounds like it's in the National Interest to me

Very national interesting.

mentalfloss
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

1 word. Winter.

Two words: Next Winter.

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalflossView Post

Two words: Next Winter.

Are you expecting Global Warming to kick-in next winter?

EagleSmack
+2
#7  Top Rated Post

mentalfloss
Whachu gonna do ES?

WHACHU GONNA DO?

mentalfloss
Canadian Economy Grew 'Disappointing' 0.1% In April (external - login to view)

no new posts