Christine Elliott ,just another self serving party fund raiser

Count_Lothian

Time Out
Apr 6, 2014
Today Christine Idiot tossed her bad hair into the leadership race for Ontario's C logo party.

If this is all they have , they are in trouble. She basically rolled out her hopes to reconstruct the party. Obvioulsy she knows it's a mess and they need money and thats all she did this morning. Appeal to the party faithfull with a promise to listen more to the MP's instead of the spin doctors that failed the party miserably.

She emphasized reconstruction and to listen more to Ontarians. HA! Yeah she really is going to get support from a much more intelligent voting public who could see through this attempt at self serving the Party and that is all.

What can she do to help the party , over and over and over again. Like she gives one toss about the real issues of Ontario.
ROFLMAO
This woman is so see through cheese cloth holds more water.

Pathetic and wreaks of desperation , desperation of the vile kind. All she wants is funds and her main focus is on party support and for the party to grow, not Ontario

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
I bet they are going left of the NDP next time.......

As leader, I’ll re-engage with our grassroots supporters and those that share our Progressive Conservative values by asking these questions – what is your vision for a prosperous Ontario and what can we do together to get us there,” she said.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Someone has to lead Ontariowe back to prosparity even if the majority would rather freeload off the rest of Canada like Quebec does.

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I always thought when a party loses an election they wait a little while before announcing a new leader. Just to air the stink out first. There's always that dull wonky interim leader and then a real campaign. What are the Ontario conservatives doing? This isn't the playbook.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
I always thought when a party loses an election they wait a little while before announcing a new leader. Just to air the stink out first. There's always that dull wonky interim leader and then a real campaign. What are the Ontario conservatives doing? This isn't the playbook.

She is the first canidate. There is a long process before a leader is chosen. This is not the federal Lieberal Party with Iggy or the Shiny Pony where leaders are picked on a whim.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
I start this with a question. Why is it a leader and a party promises to listen to the people
and when the people want something other than what they believe it breaks down?
For example the people of Ontario are tired of the we can't afford it routine like here in BC
People wanted something different Hudac said no we're are going to slash jobs and we
are going to bring you a bleak hard road cause that is what Conservatives stand for.
He could have said we are going to have to take some tough temporary measures on the
way to prosperity but no he presented a harsh picture. It cost him big time.
Right or left governments and politicians are in for a rough road.
Collectively governments of all stripes screwed themselves. First they over promised.
Then they over spent. (there is a difference between budgeting reductions and boastful
preaching of tough times)
Now the people are tired of restraint and cuts they want to get on with their image of society.
Ontario proved that. They want a return to more liberal spending and social progress.
I have heard people say "Don't tell me we can't afford it anymore"
In BC for example the government has gone from budget cutbacks to being obsessed with
being debt free, and the result is the BC Liberals could be the catalyst for electing the next
NDP Government. There is a saying in all things balance must remain

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010

That's how running a government like a business works.

Count_Lothian

Time Out
Apr 6, 2014
The whole speech was garnered to party building. She is obviously only concerned with getting elected.
It isn't naivete ,on my part to render a politician someone who does not want to get elected or improve their party.

Coming out of the worse showing of the C logo in a long time because the party went for the mean spirited crowd and now immediately addressing this issue on your very first public address of throwing your name into the leadership is a tell.
A tell being a euphemism in poker where people learn to find signs of bluffing or the player's intentions.

This person like all the Conservative people are self serving and don't give a toss for the people of the province or country they govern or want to govern.

I abandoned a lifetime support and conservative partisanship , just like Joe Clark publicly said.

The mean spirited , foul vermin we have in office on the hill is a reflection of this very desperate looking woman.

They are boobs when it comes to international politics, case in point the total inept handling of Putin, Harper called him poutine as a slip of the tongue. The present Egyptian fiasco with jailed journalists is but another.

This mean spirited crowd of , wait a second mealy mouthed McKay just said in an email women are only good at changing diapers whilst male MP's run the country.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
I start this with a question. Why is it a leader and a party promises to listen to the people
For example the people of Ontario are tired of the we can't afford it routine like here in BC
People wanted something different Hudac said no we're are going to slash jobs and we
are going to bring you a bleak hard road cause that is what Conservatives stand for.
He could have said we are going to have to take some tough temporary measures on the
Collectively governments of all stripes screwed themselves. First they over promised.
Then they over spent. (there is a difference between budgeting reductions and boastful
Now the people are tired of restraint and cuts they want to get on with their image of society.
Ontario proved that. They want a return to more liberal spending and social progress.
In BC for example the government has gone from budget cutbacks to being obsessed with
being debt free, and the result is the BC Liberals could be the catalyst for electing the next
Yup you and all the press and many posters on these very forums told us Christie and her Liberals were toast last election too .

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

Depends on which people you are talking to or about. Favorite complaint of the far left is that the government does not listen to them. A simply count of seats in the house is a good way to see which people count. Obviously the government is listening to the right people or they would not be in power.