Kathleen Wynne urged to toughen penalties for political staff who destroy records

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
really?

Ontario’s new majority Liberal government should put “strong” teeth into laws requiring political staff to preserve records in the wake of the $1.1 billion gas plants scandal, Information and Privacy Commissioner Ann Cavoukian urged Tuesday.

“There have to be consequences,” Cavoukian told a news conference after delivering her annual report, calling for “strong” penalties.

“We need to make the act of wilfully destroying documents an offence,” she added, but stopped short of specifying what penalties she would like to see and would not say such actions should be considered a criminal offence.

Cavoukian issued a scathing report a year ago into deleted documents in the gas plants scandal, stemming from the cancellation of plants in Oakville and Mississauga before the 2011 election.

more obviousness

Kathleen Wynne urged to toughen penalties for political staff who destroy records | Toronto Star

I'm sure mr wynn will get right on this

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
All governments from the beginning of time have done this its nothing new and
will continue for a period long after most of us are gone.
Delete is cheaper than shredders anyway everyone know that.

Count_Lothian

Time Out
Apr 6, 2014
All governments from the beginning of time have done this its nothing new and
will continue for a period long after most of us are gone.
Delete is cheaper than shredders anyway everyone know that.
there is no real delete except if you totally destroy the hard drive.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
The title of the op is laughable. It's a little late to ask a government that should have never been given another mandate to start behaving properly now.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
I heard that now that there is a majority Lib government, they can pretty much sweep this one under the rug now.

Sucks not having a proportional democracy, doesn't it?

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
I heard that now that there is a majority Lib government, they can pretty much sweep this one under the rug now.

Sucks not having a proportional democracy, doesn't it?

Shame I won't be there to contribute my tax dollars to the stupidity. You get what you deserve if you voted these bums back in. Should be entertaining watching from the sidelines.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I fuking hate this lying, thieving woman and that fact that she will not have to be accountable for what she did all because some moron wasn't vetted correctly and ran the campaign from hell. A chimp would have won against this idiot...why should he resign, all of his managers should be shot.

I fuking hate our system of government that can allow this type of corruption to be placed back into power allowing us no control and they have no accountability.

Sometime ask me what I really think if I don't hold back.

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
I fuking hate this lying, thieving woman and that fact that she will not have to be accountable for what she did all because some moron wasn't vetted correctly and ran the campaign from hell. A chimp would have won against this idiot...why should he resign, all of his managers should be shot.

I fuking hate our system of government that can allow this type of corruption to be placed back into power allowing us no control and they have no accountability.

Sometime ask me what I really think if I don't hold back.

Sal, they have Donairs in Alberta and no HST what else could possibly be holding you back? ;)

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Sal, they have Donairs in Alberta and no HST what else could possibly be holding you back? ;)
no sh*t, it looks better every day.... the winters suck though huh?

donairs though....and I can wear mukluks and ski goggles nine months of the year...and I wouldn't need to pay for air conditioning

Count_Lothian

Time Out
Apr 6, 2014

Sometime ask me what I really think if I don't hold back

well lets see if i can wind you up enough to hear it
A chimp did try to win and all of Humpty's men could put the spin in the top.

The conservative focus group he aimed for was not enough and some conservatives bailed on him and voted Liberal.

It was Conservatives that put her in power.

The conservative spin docotrs and the ones that bailed knowing this guy was a chimp who danced to the wrong spin doctors

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
I sure do hope mr wynn doesn't develop prostate cancer...that would be a darn shame.

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
no sh*t, it looks better every day.... the winters suck though huh?

donairs though....and I can wear mukluks and ski goggles nine months of the year...and I wouldn't need to pay for air conditioning

The money you'll make here will cozy you up to a nice Tropical vacation.

well lets see if i can wind you up enough to hear it
A chimp did try to win and all of Humpty's men could put the spin in the top.

The conservative focus group he aimed for was not enough and some conservatives bailed on him and voted Liberal.

It was Conservatives that put her in power.

The conservative spin docotrs and the ones that bailed knowing this guy was a chimp who danced to the wrong spin doctors

You're not completely wrong Doc. I wanted them to dump Hudak, but from where I stood the NDP would have been an improvement. Funny you don't sound so Conservative as you claimed when you got here, you just sound like Dave.:lol:

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
You're not completely wrong Doc. I wanted them to dump Hudak, but from where I stood the NDP would have been an improvement. Funny you don't sound so Conservative as you claimed when you got here, you just sound like Dave.:lol:

I do recall old Doc was a flaming Lieberal too. If he is not Doc, he certainly has the same political leanings as him.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
My piss-me-off from the mailbox came in a new hydro bill demanding $259/mo from what had been a crazy $169/mo for what isn't even 900 sq ft and heated by gas. I get $1172/mo on ODSP, and Hydro One wants 22% of it. Get rid of that internal pyramid of step-up profit generators (the debt, OPG, whoever it is that delivers the stuff and the office stuff with the greedy hands) and give us back Ontario Hydro. Sorry, but deregulation was neither Wynne nor McGuinty's baby