Conservative main focus group>the mean spirited

Count_Lothian

Time Out
Apr 6, 2014
If anything was proven in this election it is that Ontario does not tolerate the mean spirited.
Hudak focused on a mean spirited campaign. His 100 thousand job cuts, his focus on Dalton's government was his main stay.

Some how your friendly local neighborhood Conservative spin doctor thinks that focus on the mean spirited is a sure way to get a shyte load of votes.

It's interesting if one looks at this perspective from it's social desirability bias. These people do not pull attack ads and strategy out of a hat. They spend millions , yes millions over years of study to see what is their best shot at their voting block.
In this case the Conservative party of Canada knows their main focus base are the mean spirited.

One of the ways is by drawing from their local vernacular speech. Then they are able to create a venue from which it is easy in accessing data for their research.

All political sides do this and it's disheartening that the Conservatives draw from the mainly mean spirited.

Your Count enlightening you
Willie

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Cutting 100 thousand jobs in the service would have crippled the tax base of the
municipalities and hampered the real estate market. Those people pay higher
taxes and own property if they were laid off the tax burden would have been passed
down to people who could not pay. He would have shifted and off loaded the burden
and not solved a problem and people saw through it.
As for the Federal Government. they postponed the problems in the economy not
solved them and people now see that too. This was a wake up call for Harper.
If he continues to destroy the social safety net Canadians are proud of he'll suffer the
backlash of seniors and others who are already not happy.
If he pushes the pipeline through BC he will suffer even more. Kinder Morgan is one
thing Enbridge is unacceptable to most British Columbians and nothing he can say or
do will change that.

Count_Lothian

Time Out
Apr 6, 2014
Then why are there so many douchebags in Toronto?
I'm sure you meant gunny sacs.

By the by you would fall into the category of Conservative due to your knee jerk reaction in this thread.
This is just the sort of vernacular they seek out.

And that dreadful BC wine you tried to slip into the bar at my last soiree was tacky bordering on vulgar .
I hoped the BYOB attached to the invitation would have been understood by you as it was everyone else, as a play on the masses and their little dinner parties.

You disappoint us.
His Illustrious ,
The Count Lothian

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Cutting 100 thousand jobs in the service would have crippled the tax base of the
municipalities and hampered the real estate market. Those people pay higher
taxes and own property if they were laid off the tax burden would have been passed
down to people who could not pay. He would have shifted and off loaded the burden
and not solved a problem and people saw through it.
As for the Federal Government. they postponed the problems in the economy not
solved them and people now see that too. This was a wake up call for Harper.
If he continues to destroy the social safety net Canadians are proud of he'll suffer the
backlash of seniors and others who are already not happy.
If he pushes the pipeline through BC he will suffer even more. Kinder Morgan is one
thing Enbridge is unacceptable to most British Columbians and nothing he can say or
do will change that.

Federally the chief opposition is the Shiny Poney.

The snivel service is loaded with ineffeciency and 3 people doing 1 person's job. I think you can easily find 100K of waste. But no matter. Now we will have the same 3 people making 50% more.

Has Ontario's debt rating been downgraded yet? Heard this morning this was a distinct possibility given there seems to be no attempt to control the spend.

When governments go bankrupt I believe the entire social service net disappears does it not?

Count_Lothian

Time Out
Apr 6, 2014
Someone on cheap skis dropped me a red on the OP without any explanation or rebuttal.
Is this typical?

Federally the chief opposition is the Shiny Poney.

The snivel service is loaded with ineffeciency and 3 people doing 1 person's job. I think you can easily find 100K of waste. But no matter. Now we will have the same 3 people making 50% more.

Has Ontario's debt rating been downgraded yet? Heard this morning this was a distinct possibility given there seems to be no attempt to control the spend.

When governments go bankrupt I believe the entire social service net disappears does it not?
Are you going to derail an other thread of the Count's with your crankiness?

Can you stay on topic or is it some sort of mean spirited thing that makes you want to ignore reality.

His Illustrious is not amused.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Someone on cheap skis dropped me a red on the OP without any explanation or rebuttal.
Is this typical?

Not much to rebut -- don't want to get into a troll war with you -- but you refer to me and make indirect personal attack on me, that usually is one of the only things I give reds for.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I'm sure you meant gunny sacs.

By the by you would fall into the category of Conservative due to your knee jerk reaction in this thread.
This is just the sort of vernacular they seek out.
Conservative? My dear Count, politics is a game for hoi polloi. On election day you can find me at the theatre.

And that dreadful BC wine you tried to slip into the bar at my last soiree was tacky bordering on vulgar .
I hoped the BYOB attached to the invitation would have been understood by you as it was everyone else, as a play on the masses and their little dinner parties.
One must broaden one's horizons, dear Count. Otherwise, how is one to fully enjoy our status and privileges?

You disappoint us.
His Illustrious ,
The Count Lothian
Don't be cross, dear Count. I'll have my man send over a case of Krug and a box of Havanas. A tipple and a relaxing smoke will put you right.

Count_Lothian

Time Out
Apr 6, 2014
Not much to rebut -- don't want to get into a troll war with you -- but you refer to me and make indirect personal attack on me, that usually is one of the only things I give reds for.
Sooooo you did not give me that red in the OP?
and if it was indeed you, then your of the mind that OP was directed at you?
Methinks the lady doust protest too much!
PSSSSST! wow thats being over used your Illustrious Highness, iksnay on the lineyay

Now for the meat of the issue here>LOL
indirect personal attack. HA! thats rich . And a new take on the online snivel tactic.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
You think the Count attacked you? Why, he implied I might be political! The very thought that the masses might be capable of self-government is utterly absurd!

Count_Lothian

Time Out
Apr 6, 2014
Conservative? My dear Count, politics is a game for hoi polloi. On election day you can find me at the theatre.

One must broaden one's horizons, dear Count. Otherwise, how is one to fully enjoy our status and privileges?

Don't be cross, dear Count. I'll have my man send over a case of Krug and a box of Havanas. A tipple and a relaxing smoke will put you right.
The Countess just reminded me why she always makes sure yours is the first invitation.

The Count is now about suffer the sufferings of hell. But the Count thanks you , publicly thanks you.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
The Count is now about suffer the sufferings of hell. But the Count thanks you , publicly thanks you.
Did you see that "the rich" are going to Brazil for the World Cup? As if we would have any interest in watching peasants sweat in colourful underwear! If I want to watch peasants sweat, I'll just take a ride round my lands.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Sooooo you did not give me that red in the OP?
and if it was indeed you, then your of the mind that OP was directed at you?
Methinks the lady doust protest too much!
PSSSSST! wow thats being over used your Illustrious Highness, iksnay on the lineyay

Now for the meat of the issue here>LOL
indirect personal attack. HA! thats rich . And a new take on the online snivel tactic.

You think the Count attacked you? Why, he implied I might be political! The very thought that the masses might be capable of self-government is utterly absurd!

In re-reading, I believe I was in error. I did give a red but can't take it back now so all I can do is offer my appology to Count for this case.

Although he is the classical definition of a poor winner.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
In re-reading, I believe I was in error. I did give a red but can't take it back now so all I can do is offer my appology to Count for this case.

No, no. Not to be vulgar, but the Count is a winner of considerable means.

He was somewhat put out by the domestic wine, to be sure. But that was my fault. I sometimes cross the line with my japery.

Count_Lothian

Time Out
Apr 6, 2014
Did you see that "the rich" are going to Brazil for the World Cup? As if we would have any interest in watching peasants sweat in colourful underwear! If I want to watch peasants sweat, I'll just take a ride round my lands.
Ah yes , your help is the talk of the ladies powder rooms. We all try to please our wives but we always come up short . Rock hard male derriere with a chiseled face to match is hard to come by . Yours is the best kept secret as to where you find this brood.
Gone are the days when field workers knew their place , and yet, you seem to have no bother at all.
It's all consternating and if only you would let me know where you find these tilth for your boudoir I would be more than pleased.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Ah yes , your help is the talk of the ladies powder rooms. We all try to please our wives but we always come up short . Rock hard male derriere with a chiseled face to match is hard to come by . Yours is the best kept secret as to where you find this brood.
Gone are the days when field workers knew their place , and yet, you seem to have no bother at all.
A well-paid security force can do wonders, especially with the States' marvellously relaxed firearms laws.

It's all consternating and if only you would let me know where you find these tilth for your boudoir I would be more than pleased.
Germany and the Netherlands are good resources. Compliant, attractive, and they keep themselves clean.

Count_Lothian

Time Out
Apr 6, 2014

Ahh yes the forum faux pas of giving a red and then finding it to actually demeans the giver .
I would understudy that fellow with the vBullitin hack bot. He seems quite deft with the keyboard here. All those pm's that can be read and referred to as emails with passed on passwords. Oh yes, he referenced that was in the past and it cannot be done anymore. Pesky fire walls and such.

There are no winners or losers up here dear fellow just pageantry and excess.
Don't you have a boss to tend to or something?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Ahh yes the forum faux pas of giving a red and then finding it to actually demeans the giver .
I would understudy that fellow with the vBullitin hack bot. He seems quite deft with the keyboard here. All those pm's that can be read and referred to as emails with passed on passwords. Oh yes, he referenced that was in the past and it cannot be done anymore. Pesky fire walls and such.

There are no winners or losers up here dear fellow just pageantry and excess.
Don't you have a boss to tend to or something?
You are such a technological wizard! I would be jealous if I were to indulge in such things. But one is most impressed with your skills. You have inspired me, dear Count! Tomorrow, I shall turn my computer on myself!

I do hope I can find the right doo-hickey.