StatsCan: Inflation jumps to 2 per cent on surge in energy prices,

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Inflation jumps to 2 per cent on surge in energy prices, StatsCan says

Natural gas costs jumped 26 per cent, gasoline prices 6.6 per cent and electricity rates 4.6 per cent in April, Statistics Canada reports.

OTTAWA—Canada’s annual inflation rate rose to 2.0 per cent in April, from 1.5 per cent the previous month, Statistics Canada said Friday.

The rate hit the central bank’s target for the first time in two years, led by higher energy costs.

Energy prices jumped 8.4 per cent, Statistics Canada said. The core rate, which excludes eight volatile products, climbed 1.4 per cent after a prior gain of 1.3 per cent.

..more....

Inflation jumps to 2 per cent on surge in energy prices, StatsCan says

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
If only we had a few more wind turbines, we Canadians would have all the free energy we would ever need.

That darned Harper!
Subsidized wind power to the tune o 1¢ per kwh until 2021 can't possibly be part of the problem can it?

Real subsidies too not tax credits.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Subsidized wind power to the tune o 1¢ per kwh until 2021 can't possibly be part of the problem can it?

Real subsidies too not tax credits.

It's a well known fact that only the oil industry gets full-on subsidies.

You see, there was a study... 97% consensus to boot

Purple ink well run dry?
If we could harness all the hot air coming out of Ottawa we wouldn't even need wind power.

Ssshhhhh! Not so loud!

I'm trying to get on Flossy's good side here... I need to ask him a favour

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
That trend will continue as long as people want more and more money for the same or less productivity! Why can't the A$$holes in the halls of learning get this through their thick heads?