Dear Borg member

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
yes, I know...but still:
The CBC is calling for a national discussion about its future. Like any other citizen in this country, you have the right to be heard in this ongoing discussion about CBC, and you can share your views about the public broadcaster with your friends, neighbours and people in your community.

As a CBC employee, you have a unique understanding of our national public broadcaster and its place in Canada. It's important any public comments do not reflect negatively on the Corporation...

more

Your right to speak out | CMG

Your Moral And Intellectual Superiors - Small Dead Animals

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
i gotta go lie down or something, when I first read the title I thought it say Dear Bong member...

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
In the free market economy employees are encouraged to spout off degrading, derogatory and damaging statements about the private corporate entity they are being paid by. It's their right.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
In the free market economy employees are encouraged to spout off degrading, derogatory and damaging statements about the private corporate entity they are being paid by. It's their right.

Of course, followed by the pink, we do not need ya, slip.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC

I am Locutus of Borg.... We demand that the CBC provide more brainless reality TV shows like TLC has done so that the human species will become less intelligent and have emptier storage containers in their craniums when it comes to assimilation.

If you do not comply..... we will destroy you.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
I don't always agree with some of their programs but we are a lot better off having the CBC
in this country and that Network provides great service both radio and television. It is one of
those things I would actually show up at a demonstration in support of

wulfie68

Council Member
Mar 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
Well, its a little amusing but its nothing really unusual. In my career in the oil and gas industry, there have been several times where upper management has encouraged employees to participate in rallies, letter writing campaigns, and other methods of calling attention to their side of an issue. To be honest, they didn't have to tell anyone not to make negative comments about the respective companies, so that is really the amusing aspect of this for me; are employees of the CBC really that disgruntled with their employer or is their management that insecure that this needs to be addressed in this manner?

relic

Council Member
Nov 29, 2009
Nova Scotia
Cut corp taxes 30% and income tax 10%, do any of you con morons think that's even slightly realistic ? Red that arsehole !

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
If the CBC is so necessary, privatize it and they can raise funds from the private sector not unlike Public TV in the US. I understand that the government in the US still supports Public TV in the US with grant money but very much to a lesser extent.

damgrumpy can then put his money where is mouth is and support it - I personally wouldn't as I rarely watch CBC and wouldn't miss it simply because it doesn't provide the programing I am interested in. A smaller CBC may just do well as they would have to actually live within their means and use their funds more judiciously and it may actually be better in the long run. They'd be forced to actually air programming people would want to watch in order to stay on the air.

JMHO

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Corporate shills are the Borg. "Join the capitalist collective or we shall shout you down and call you derogatory names." Yup, the Borg have taken over CC.

relic

Council Member
Nov 29, 2009
Nova Scotia
I don't watch cbc so I shouldn't have to pay for it, well how many other things the "govt" pays for that you don't use, If CBC were privatized it would soon be just another Sun, faux newz wannbe. So if that's the best y'got, the I don't watch/They don't say what I like argument, then **** off