Ontario taxpayers bilked in kickback scam

Locutus
TORONTO - Taxpayers were bilked in a cleaning kickback scheme that ended in the conviction of three rogue government officials, the Toronto Sun has learned.

Scandalous allegations of ‘free’ cleaning at the homes of Liberal cabinet ministers and government employees also emerged in the OPP corruption probe.

The shocking claims were contained in court transcripts from a preliminary hearing for one government official involved in the kickback scam.

Kickbacks were received in the form of illegal payments made to the trio, and a private property manager, by cleaner Bruno Perciasepe, who over-billed the province for cleaning contracts.

more

Taxpayers bilked in kickback scam, alleged free cleaning for ministers | EXCLUSI

Walter
+1
#2  Top Rated Post
It's called Dykenomics.

BornRuff
Quote: Originally Posted by WalterView Post

It's called Dykenomics.

That's racist.

SLM
No Party Affiliation
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by WalterView Post

It's called Dykenomics.

Oh my, how clever.

Quote: Originally Posted by BornRuffView Post

That's racist.

Not even remotely.

There's a large contingency of people who seem to feel it's best to keep any and all politics at a completely superficial level, keep everyone at each other's throats like sharks in a feeding frenzy.

That was but chum in the water.

The extreme left does the same thing everytime they equate conservatism with nazism and/or Dr Evil. (At least that's the gist I get from CK's posts anyway.)

lone wolf
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by BornRuffView Post

That's racist.

Naw ... just homophobic propaganda.

The kickbacks? Policy in the Province of Opportunists - and possibly a bit Sunspun

From link:
Quote:

Perciasepe billed the government $2.2 million for 1,222 government cleaning contracts between March 2002 through August 2008, and he offered to assist police after his billing irregularities were discovered, court documents state.

I wonder on whose watch some of those contracts were issued?

SLM
No Party Affiliation
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolfView Post

From link:

I wonder on whose watch some of those contracts were issued?

On some level it really doesn't matter, the whole lot of them aren't worth squat. The only thing worse than finding out what ill gotten gains they've acquired is wondering what other crap we don't know about.

lone wolf
Free Thinker
A lot.... One is the other and the other is one and neither can do any wrong. Ask someone who's drunk on the Kool-aid

SLM
No Party Affiliation

A lot.... One is the other and the other is one and neither can do any wrong. Ask someone who's drunk on the Kool-aid

I've reached a tipping point with the Kool-aid drinkers, lol. It happens on occasion, they just start to piss me off.

lone wolf
Free Thinker
+1
While you're in "piss off" stage, offer refills

SLM
No Party Affiliation

While you're in "piss off" stage, offer refills

Oh, they're getting refills!