Green Party’s Elizabeth May calls PMO staff ‘ruthless psychopaths’

mentalfloss
+1
Green Party’s Elizabeth May calls PMO staff ‘ruthless psychopaths’

Mike Duffy infamously referred to staff in the Prime Minister’s Office as “kids in short pants,” but Elizabeth May appears to have done the embattled senator one better.

Speaking at a town hall in Nanaimo, B.C. on April 13, the federal Green Party leader and MP for Saanich-Gulf Islands called the PMO “a $10-million-a-year partisan operation filled with ruthless, cutthroat psychopaths.”

May later told Metro her comments were made “in jest,” but insisted they’re indicative of a common attitude among staff in Ottawa’s back rooms.

“They’re these unelected, hyper-partisan political operatives,” she said. “They’re really just all about winning and they have a take-no-prisoners attitude.”

In recent years, PMO staffers have faced a raft of accusations, including harassing or disparaging bureaucrats, penning talking points for MPs, handing out “enemy lists” to cabinet members and interfering with both access to information requests and local nomination races.

“The staff at the PMO have no allegiance to anything other than getting the Conservative Party re-elected. And they feel entitled to tear strips off bureaucrats at all levels of the system,” May said. “It completely offends the principles of parliamentary democracy.”

May was clear the “sociopathic” attitude she described cuts across party lines, and said it stems from the power held by party leaders.

..more....

Green Party’s Elizabeth May calls PMO staff ‘ruthless psychopaths’ | Metro (external - login to view)

Walter
Elizabeth May is crap.

IdRatherBeSkiing
Quote: Originally Posted by WalterView Post

Elizabeth May is crap.

More irrelivant than crap. This is obviously an attempt to have people remember she still exists.

lone wolf
Free Thinker
+1
Who's she calling staff?

55Mercury
+4
#5  Top Rated Post
outrageous!

this is an affront to ruthless psychopaths everywhere!

Locutus
when you're on the mailing list for the greens, there's no telling what you'll get in your inbox.

55Mercury
Elizabeth May Gump

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
+1
Green Party’s Elizabeth May calls PMO staff ‘ruthless psychopaths’ | Metro (external - login to view)

Lizzie May is really reaching on the psychopath comment... Just 'cause one of the PMOs took the last doughnut before Lizzie could lay her pudgy little hands on it doesn't mean that they qualify as a psycho

Retired_Can_Soldier
I believe the Cobalt Kid already posted this.

Not that it matters, but I`m sure I commented on the May thing before today.

Anyone else remember mention of May and her psychopath diatribe?
Last edited by Retired_Can_Soldier; Apr 29th, 2014 at 02:02 PM..

55Mercury
Quote: Originally Posted by Retired_Can_SoldierView Post

*mutters amongst myself*

I got nuthin

Locutus

thy will be done sir...

via mr tay:

Mike Duffy and the conservative way.

Retired_Can_Soldier
Yeah okay. I knew I saw it before.

So I thought I'd see how the Green Party fared in Ottawa and this is what I got.

Greens hold three seats, 1 in BC 1 in Ontario and 1 in Quebec.

Cliffy
Free Thinker
+1
Cons everywhere are blowing a gasket because the truth hurts. Psychopaths rule. That is just the way things are. Nobody who is sane would want the job.

Retired_Can_Soldier
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

Cons everywhere are blowing a gasket because the truth hurts. Psychopaths rule. That is just the way things are. Nobody who is sane would want the job.

What is insane is that someone can start their own party and earn in excess of $200,000 a year.

I'm thinking I should start my own Party, you wanna sign up Cliffy? I'll make yuh famous.

Canada supports the biggest terrorist organization in the world - the US of Aggression and its terrorist arms, the CIA and the Pentagon.

BTW Cliffy I just found out that Elizabeth May was born in Hartford CT which would make her a terrorist in your eyes.

lone wolf
Free Thinker
+1
I used to like parties where the cops got called....

Cliffy
Free Thinker

What is insane is that someone can start their own party and earn in excess of $200,000 a year.

I'm thinking I should start my own Party, you wanna sign up Cliffy? I'll make yuh famous.

Na, it woulkd be too conservative and fame is not something I seek. Like a good Canadian, I prefer to take pot shots from the side lines.

BTW Cliffy I just found out that Elizabeth May was born in Hartford CT which would make her a terrorist in your eyes.

US citizens are OK. it is the Psychos that run the joint that are terrorists.

Retired_Can_Soldier

Na, it woulkd be too conservative and fame is not something I seek. Like a good Canadian, I prefer to take pot shots from the side lines.

Oh come on man. We could call it the Anarchy Party. $211,000 a year.

With my good looks and your snarkiness, we might even get elected.

Cliffy
Free Thinker

Oh come on man. We could call it the Anarchy Party. $211,000 a year.

With my good looks and your snarkiness, we might even get elected.

Resurrect the Rhinos and I'm in.

Retired_Can_Soldier

Resurrect the Rhinos and I'm in.

Did the Rhinos ever hold a seat?

lone wolf
Free Thinker
Go Natural Law... They didn't need seats

DaSleeper
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolfView Post

Yo Wolf....How about Joining the Ontario Heritage Party (external - login to view)with me and go kick butt in T.O.

lone wolf
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeperView Post

Yo Wolf....How about Joining the Ontario Heritage Party (external - login to view)with me and go kick butt in T.O.

You ought to see some of the feathers I've ruffled on Ontario Northland NOT for sale. Didn't realize there was a party that spoke my terms re: Toronto government

Retired_Can_Soldier
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolfView Post

I'm only in it for the 200 G salary, so I'll be needing that seat.

Cliffy
Free Thinker

I'm only in it for the 200 G salary, so I'll be needing that seat.

Typical politician, prostituting yourself. I thought you had more integrity than that. I, like Lizzy, am only in it to raise a little hell.

Retired_Can_Soldier

Typical politician, prostituting yourself. I thought you had more integrity than that. I, like Lizzy, am only in it to raise a little hell.

Lizzy makes $211,000 plus perks.

And I'd do a good job. Chicken in every pot. I'd end the war on drugs, ramp up the war on the real terrorists (those annoying door knockers who try to hijack your hot water tank). Every Thursday would be tax free day and every Friday Wine and Spirits would be half price. JOIN THE RCS PARTY.

Locutus
+1

Lizzy makes $211,000 plus perks..

you'd think she might have fixed those hideous buck teeth by now eh.

petros
The Metro?

Trex
+1

Lizzy makes $211,000 plus perks.

And I'd do a good job. Chicken in every pot. I'd end the war on drugs, ramp up the war on the real terrorists (those annoying door knockers who try to hijack your hot water tank). Every Thursday would be tax free day and every Friday Wine and Spirits would be half price. JOIN THE RCS PARTY.

You appear to be a working veteran.
You have posted in the past your numerous problems with Harper and the Con's.
Having said that you also seem skeptical about the Dauphin Justin' abilities.

Your Golden.
We need you.
For the love of God.
Run.

Retired_Can_Soldier
I am a fiscal conservative who supports the arts. I don't stand a chance.

petros

I am a fiscal conservative who supports the arts. I don't stand a chance.

Dance your way into their hearts.