Has Rob Ford been exonerated?

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
“Certainly it sounds like he’s been cleared for now,” says Anthony Moustacalis, president of the Criminal Lawyers Association and a former Crown attorney in Toronto.

“But the Toronto Police Service say they’re continuing the investigation, so one never knows.”

Moustacalis said it appears as if the same evidence, presented to both agencies, is being interpreted differently, and that it’s possible “the OPP disagrees with the theory of the Toronto police force.”

read on

Rob Ford case at a crossroads: 5 questions - Toronto - CBC News

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
But Sergeant Pierre Chamberland, a spokesman for the Ontario Provincial Police, would not comment on the mayor’s claims that he had been exonerated, saying that no new information or evidence had emerged in the Project Brazen 2 probe.

“Therefore because there is nothing for us to follow up on, because all of the matters are currently before the courts in regards to this case, there is nothing for us to do until the courts make their decision,” Sgt. Chamberlain told CP24. Asked directly if the OPP has cleared Mayor Ford, the sergeant reverted back to the line that no new information has been provided.

New court documents reveal alleged threats made by Rob Ford’s friend after ‘crack video’ story broke

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
If I was Rob I don't think I'd let my guard down. I would take for granted that the only reason the heat is off is that they've run into a bureaucratic glitch, which is very temporary and perhaps he should have a tooth brush and razor packed for a stay at a judicial establishment. L.O.L. (That could preclude him from being a future mayor) -:)

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
If I was Rob I don't think I'd let my guard down. I would take for granted that the only reason the heat is off is that they've run into a bureaucratic glitch, which is very temporary and perhaps he should have a tooth brush and razor packed for a stay at a judicial establishment. L.O.L. (That could preclude him from being a future mayor) -:)
would that be jail, or a hospital after the heart attack?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
would that be jail, or a hospital after the heart attack?

I didn't think a hospital is a "judicial" establishment and I don't think a stay there precludes one from being mayor. -:)

P.S.
I suppose it could be a hospital under guard. -:)

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
lol still praying for him to become mayor...I hope you get your wish...
Actually, the outcome of the election in T. O. has no effect on me 500 miles away, except for the comedic effect of watching some folks get their panties in a twist....should he win....

Hell.....It's fun watching them sweat now.........:lol:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Actually, the outcome of the election in T. O. has no effect on me 500 miles away, except for the comedic effect of watching some folks get their panties in a twist....should he win....

Maybe we also have to start being realistic and realize that young Robbie has been a naughty little fellow. -:)

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Maybe we also have to start being realistic and realize that young Robbie has been a naughty little fellow. -:)
Still fun to watch .
I would love it if Ford wins just to see Born Ruffs reaction .

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Still fun to watch .

I know what you mean, a few people can be a little vindictive, but on second thought.....................................Nah!

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Rob Ford has done more damage to the reputation of his city than has done
good. It should be pointed out everything Ford has done has not been bad.
The problem is the amount ignorance and lack of adult behavior has done a
hell of a lot of Not So Good.
People in public life can't behave in the manner he has and expect to have
respect. He has behaved like a child and adults especially those in public life
can't take him seriously. Oh there are people who say behavior doesn't count
but they are not the majority of people. Will Ford win the next election? Depends,
are there enough people out there who view the world from a classless point of
view? Guess we'll see.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
but they are not the majority of people. Will Ford win the next election? Depends,
view? Guess we'll see.

You're giving wayyyyyy too much credit to us here dude.

We don't even have a mass transit link to our island airport or international airport, never mind having it to the downtown core where you want tourists and visitors to go maybe. But you might be thinking that old yarn about toronto being a 'world class' city.

hahahahaha...

'reputation'.

for what anyway?

:lol:

anyway, when we're on par with New York, London, Paris, Munich, we'll all have a laff and sing pop muzik.

reputation...:lol:

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
view? Guess we'll see.
Well Grump , classless or not if I lived in Toronto the decision to vote for Rob Ford or
Olivia Chow and the entitlements and tax increases that come with her ,I am sure I would choose Ford .
But then I vote with my wallet not my emotions .

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
view? Guess we'll see.

You hit the nail on the head! He tends to be likeable, but hey, we're talking the mayor of 3 million people!

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
You hit the nail on the head! He tends to be likeable, but hey, we're talking the mayor of 3 million people!

And compaired to Chow, he would get my vote because of his job as mayor ... his personal life is just that. Not something I think he should be proud of but not reason to not vote for him.

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
Still fun to watch .

What do you expect from me? You think I will be sad that only one police force is investigating him instead of two?

I certainly hope he gets his comeuppance someway, but if you read through my posts about the guy, my opinions on him have never been based on if he can be criminally charged for what he has done or not. I have actually stated numerous times that I hate how much people focus on that.

"I have not been arrested yet so I have done nothing wrong" is not the standard that anyone should live their life to, much less an elected official.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007

well he is entertaining, what will we do without him