Opposition MPPs willing to bravely take a 7k pay increase.

BornRuff
+1
#1  Top Rated Post
The Ontario PCs have decided that they are going to accept a fat pay increase for themselves because they believe that everyone else should not get a pay increase.

They say they want a government wide salary freeze, and if they don't get it, they will instead take home 7k more themselves.

Must be tough being so selfless.

Tories, NDP block Liberal move to freeze MPPs pay | Toronto Star

WLDB
No Party Affiliation
They call that being selfless? I'll take all of their 7k pay increases. No need to trouble so many with it.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by BornRuffView Post

The Ontario PCs have decided that they are going to accept a fat pay increase for themselves because they believe that everyone else should not get a pay increase.

They say they want a government wide salary freeze, and if they don't get it, they will instead take home 7k more themselves.

They're nuts!

WLDB
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

They're nuts!

Is it nuts to turn down a pay raise? Given how much the Liberals are hated these days the PCs can do almost anything and still make gains in the next election whenever it is.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by WLDBView Post

Is it nuts to turn down a pay raise? Given how much the Liberals are hated these days the PCs can do almost anything and still make gains in the next election whenever it is.

Could have something to do with competence?

lone wolf
Free Thinker
It's opposition for the sake of opposition - a hallmark in Ontario politics

Retired_Can_Soldier

Are you on freaking drugs?

Just wondering because even the link reads: Tories, NDP block Liberal move to freeze MPPs pay | Toronto Star

Is it the kind of drug that blinds you to this part: NDP block Liberal move to freeze MPPs pay

Good grief.

WLDB
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

Could have something to do with competence?

Its not a fun choice to make when one option is incompetent and the other one wants to give itself raises for nothing.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by WLDBView Post

Its not a fun choice to make when one option is incompetent and the other one wants to give itself raises for nothing.

That's bad enough but quite often they both come together! -

BornRuff
Quote: Originally Posted by Retired_Can_SoldierView Post

Are you on freaking drugs?

Just wondering because even the link reads: Tories, NDP block Liberal move to freeze MPPs pay | Toronto Star

Is it the kind of drug that blinds you to this part: NDP block Liberal move to freeze MPPs pay

Good grief.

Lol, what is your problem? I am making fun of the reasoning that the PC's gave in the article.

Nobody is stopping you from making fun of the NDP too if you want, but I have not heard their reasoning yet. Who knows what they will come up with.

taxslave
No Party Affiliation

Lol, what is your problem? I am making fun of the reasoning that the PC's gave in the article.

Nobody is stopping you from making fun of the NDP too if you want, but I have not heard their reasoning yet. Who knows what they will come up with.

Well it won't be on principle thats for sure.

no new posts