Kimmel to Rob Ford: 'Is that a good idea to dare the police chief to arrest you?'

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Kimmel to Rob Ford: 'Is that a good idea to dare the police chief to arrest you?'

Late-night host Jimmy Kimmel poked fun at Rob Ford when the Toronto mayor made an appearance on Monday night’s show.

Kimmel showed video clips of the mayor running into a camera and using Jamaican expletives.

At one point, Kimmel used a tissue to dab at Ford’s head.

“You are sweating a lot,” he told the mayor.

Ford, who said he travelled to Los Angeles to promote Toronto as “Hollywood North,” used his television appearance to tout his accomplishments, and lash out at Police Chief Bill Bair, city councillors and media.

Kimmel asked Ford: “Is that a good idea to dare the police chief to arrest you?”

Ford replied that Blair had wasted “millions of dollars following me around.”

The mayor appeared on Jimmy Kimmel Live on Monday night with Gonzo, the blue, furry Muppets character.

Jimmy Kimmel to Rob Ford: 'Is that a good idea to dare the police chief to arrest you?' | CTV Toronto News

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
Ford has more balls then many other politicians to face the music like that... Mind you he could use way more tact.

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
Ford was great on the show last night.

What part of what he did on that show was "great"?

The guy couldn't even adjust his standard responses to account for the fact that he was not in Toronto, referring to Jimmy Kimmel as "the boss" and the studio audience as his taxpayers. As a deflection from the questions from Jimmy, he mumbled through city issues that nobody watching his show in the US cares about at all.

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
Ford has more balls then many other politicians to face the music like that... Mind you he could use way more tact.

I don't think he had any idea what he was getting into.

"“He’s a little upset,” Doug Ford said of his brother over the line from Los Angeles just after the segment was taped. “But he’s OK.”

In the background I could hear the mayor saying he was “set up” but he did not seem angry or pouting."

Rob Ford: Jimmy Kimmel 'was just doing his job' | Toronto & GTA | News | Toronto Sun

All of it.

Lol, what a convincing argument.

What was your favorite part?

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
He did his usual deflection of pandering to the taxpayers but he misses the point that police investigations are absolutely necessary regardless of the outcome.

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
In my opinion and without prejudice Rob will be arrested two days before the first advance voting starts which would disqualify the mayor from running since the arrest is a no no in the municipal elections act. By the time they straighten up the arrest the elections will be over and the new Mayor of Toronto will be sworn in.

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
In my opinion and without prejudice Rob will be arrested two days before the first advance voting starts which would disqualify the mayor from running since the arrest is a no no in the municipal elections act. By the time they straighten up the arrest the elections will be over and the new Mayor of Toronto will be sworn in.

As far as I know, the only thing that would disqualify him is if he was actually sentenced to jail time. Simply being arrested wouldn't change anything, and knowing his crowd, would probably help his poll numbers.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
And orders of magnitude greater, the balls to tough out politics.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
"It seemed like we were having fun," said Kimmel as he opened his monologue Tuesday night.

"But then after the show, apparently he was upset. Why, I'm not exactly sure. I asked him about drinking and smoking crack — what were we supposed to talk about, his other hobbies?"

Jimmy Kimmel: Upsetting Rob Ford was not my intent