Justin Trudeau rolling papers prove a big hit


mentalfloss
+1
#1


Justin Trudeau rolling papers prove a big hit

OTTAWA—A Toronto marijuana activist is doing a brisk trade in rolling papers stamped with Justin Trudeau’s face — and he has the Conservatives to thank for the idea.

Chris Goodwin, manager of Vapor Central in Toronto, has sold more than $500 worth of Trudeau-stamped rolling papers in a little more than a day since they hit the shelves in his marijuana-smoking lounge.

He says he got the idea from reading a story last week in the Star, featuring leaked Conservative plans to disrupt the Liberals’ convention in Montreal this weekend.

One of the gimmicky” tactics discussed by the Conservatives in the memo was a plan to ridicule Trudeau’s pro-legalization policies on marijuana by handing out Zig Zag brand rolling papers at the convention, embossed with Trudeau’s face.

But one person’s attack ad can be another person’s entrepreneurial inspiration — not to mention a financial windfall.

Goodwin said that the more he thought about the “low tactic,” the more it seemed like a good way to have a little political fun with marijuana. He played around with some images and created his own rolling papers, featuring a black-and-white portrait of Trudeau smoking a marijuana cigarette.

The product had an instant “cool factor,” Goodwin says, and more than 100 packs were sold within about 36 hours after they went up for sale for $3.95 each at Vapor Central on Monday morning. They’re also available for sale online at theherbcollective.com.

Several of Vapor Central’s patrons will also be delegates at this weekend’s convention in Montreal, and Goodwin says he’s sending some boxes with them for distribution there.

Goodwin says he’s not sure why the Conservatives figured that Trudeau rolling papers would make the Liberal leader look bad.

“Most people are saying this is a positive thing,” said Goodwin. “These are great collectors’ items.”

Justin Trudeau rolling papers prove a big hit
 
Cliffy
Free Thinker
+3
#2
Love the irony of it. Every time the cons attack Justin, they hand him more votes. Looks like signs that they are played out and running on empty. Not that I think the Liberals would do a better job, mind you. I would rather see the whole party system be abolished.
 
lone wolf
Free Thinker
#3
Why did I think Zig Zag before I even looked?
 
captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
#4
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

Love the irony of it. Every time the cons attack Justin, they hand him more votes. Looks like signs that they are played out and running on empty. Not that I think the Liberals would do a better job, mind you. I would rather see the whole party system be abolished.


Justine's voter base will be too high to realize that it's even election day.
 
Cliffy
Free Thinker
+3
#5
(external - login to view)
 
lone wolf
Free Thinker
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morganView Post

Justine's voter base will be too high to realize that it's even election day.

Rest easy on that....
 
captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
#7
I will.
 
El Barto
+7
#8  Top Rated Post
This just might help him more ways then none...
I wonder if Harper will be getting his face printed on toilet paper....hmmm ....damn too many politicians I would do that to...oh well carry on
 
captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
#9
If Trudeau was pushing to legalize, I could see that getting a lot of the Gen-Xers and Gen-Yers taking more of a look at him
 
SLM
No Party Affiliation
+1
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by El BartoView Post

This just might help him more ways then none...
I wonder if Harper will be getting his face printed on toilet paper....hmmm ....damn too many politicians I would do that to...oh well carry on

I think there's a whole novelty gift niche that could be a big part of.
 
El Barto
+1
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

I think there's a whole novelty gift niche that could be a big part of.

YES YES dibs on royalties!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
lone wolf
Free Thinker
+1
#12
...of course it would have nothing to do with "transparency" and narcissists with the power....
 
El Barto
+1
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolfView Post

...of course it would have nothing to do with "transparency" and narcissists with the power....

Transperency through the smoke lol
 
lone wolf
Free Thinker
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

I think there's a whole novelty gift niche that could be a big part of.

Canada Post might want in on that. I recall having to lick the back of Trudeau Sr's face to mail a letter....
 
SLM
No Party Affiliation
+2
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by El BartoView Post

Transperency through the smoke lol

With red rimmed eyes and a craving for Doritos.

Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolfView Post

Canada Post might want in on that. I recall having to lick the back of Trudeau Sr's face to mail a letter....

We're in the self-adhesive age now. It can only get better from here.
 
lone wolf
Free Thinker
#16
The later ones WERE post-it....
 
DaSleeper
#17
I used to roll my own.....


This would have been enough to get me to stop smoking tobacco ...if I hadn't already quit thirty years ago.....
 
lone wolf
Free Thinker
#18
Didn't like the papery taste of Export?
 
mentalfloss
#19
Cons don't realize their own base is more libertarian and the Liberals are capitalizing on that. Con support is contracting because they are too authoritarian now.

They need to stay away from social issues and continue their free market mantra if they want to keep their numbers up. Otherwise, they are just playing into Justin the young, saving Canada from Harper the dictator.
 
lone wolf
Free Thinker
+1
#20
How dare you politicalize a political thread?
 
mentalfloss
#21
You mean, how dare I help those douchebags?

I dunno.

Too honest I guess.
 
captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
#22
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalflossView Post

Cons don't realize their own base is more libertarian and the Liberals are capitalizing on that. Con support is contracting because they are too authoritarian now.

They need to stay away from social issues and continue their free market mantra if they want to keep their numbers up. Otherwise, they are just playing into Justin the young, saving Canada from Harper the dictator.

The Boomers will be out in force in the vote (seniors always are) and the Gen X & Yers as they are the de facto middle class.

Justine and the libs have no policy or platform. All that exists are some photo-ops and his jokes about the deaths in the Ukranian riots and admiration of brutal dictators.

... If the libs are looking to become a party again, they'll need more than Justine hosting wine and cheese events asking the ladies about their favorite virtues
 
Cliffy
Free Thinker
+5
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morganView Post

The Boomers will be out in force in the vote (seniors always are) and the Gen X & Yers as they are the de facto middle class.

Justine and the libs have no policy or platform. All that exists are some photo-ops and his jokes about the deaths in the Ukranian riots and admiration of brutal dictators.

... If the libs are looking to become a party again, they'll need more than Justine hosting wine and cheese events asking the ladies about their favorite virtues

He could walk on water, heal the sick and raise the dead, but he is a liberal, so pay him no attention. Funny thing is, Jesus was a socialist and the cons love him. Go figure.
 
DaSleeper
+1
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolfView Post

Didn't like the papery taste of Export?

I used zig zag only when going in the bush...... for safety......if you didn't take a puff every few seconds, the thing would go out by itself......
 
lone wolf
Free Thinker
#25
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeperView Post

I used zig zag only when going in the bush...... for safety......if you didn't take a puff every few seconds, the thing would go out by itself......

True.... That's why people who think the joint's a microphone annoy toking circles everywhere....
 
captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
#26
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

He could walk on water, heal the sick and raise the dead, but he is a liberal, so pay him no attention. Funny thing is, Jesus was a socialist and the cons love him. Go figure.


But he doesn't heal the sick, walk on water or raise the dead, does he?

He hosts Justin Unplugged evenings that are more of an insult to women and tribute to his vanity than anything else.

It may be a helluva way to get laid, but won't do much for his election chances
 
lone wolf
Free Thinker
#27
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morganView Post

But he doesn't heal the sick, walk on water or raise the dead, does he?

He hosts Justin Unplugged evenings that are more of an insult to women and tribute to his vanity than anything else.

It may be a helluva way to get laid, but won't do much for his election chances

Might if he's a bit more than satisfactory and doesn't just roll off to sleep
 
Colpy
Conservative
+2
#28
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalflossView Post



Justin Trudeau rolling papers prove a big hit

OTTAWA—A Toronto marijuana activist is doing a brisk trade in rolling papers stamped with Justin Trudeau’s face — and he has the Conservatives to thank for the idea.

Chris Goodwin, manager of Vapor Central in Toronto, has sold more than $500 worth of Trudeau-stamped rolling papers in a little more than a day since they hit the shelves in his marijuana-smoking lounge.

He says he got the idea from reading a story last week in the Star, featuring leaked Conservative plans to disrupt the Liberals’ convention in Montreal this weekend.

One of the gimmicky” tactics discussed by the Conservatives in the memo was a plan to ridicule Trudeau’s pro-legalization policies on marijuana by handing out Zig Zag brand rolling papers at the convention, embossed with Trudeau’s face.

But one person’s attack ad can be another person’s entrepreneurial inspiration — not to mention a financial windfall.

Goodwin said that the more he thought about the “low tactic,” the more it seemed like a good way to have a little political fun with marijuana. He played around with some images and created his own rolling papers, featuring a black-and-white portrait of Trudeau smoking a marijuana cigarette.

The product had an instant “cool factor,” Goodwin says, and more than 100 packs were sold within about 36 hours after they went up for sale for $3.95 each at Vapor Central on Monday morning. They’re also available for sale online at theherbcollective.com.

Several of Vapor Central’s patrons will also be delegates at this weekend’s convention in Montreal, and Goodwin says he’s sending some boxes with them for distribution there.

Goodwin says he’s not sure why the Conservatives figured that Trudeau rolling papers would make the Liberal leader look bad.

“Most people are saying this is a positive thing,” said Goodwin. “These are great collectors’ items.”

Justin Trudeau rolling papers prove a big hit

When I read that idea, I thought "Someone with the Conservatives is a complete moron.....this amounts to advertising FOR Justin Trudeau".
 
pgs
Free Thinker
#29
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

He could walk on water, heal the sick and raise the dead, but he is a liberal, so pay him no attention. Funny thing is, Jesus was a socialist and the cons love him. Go figure.

Got a link to that Jesus was a socialist thing ? Last I recall Jesus died long before Marx wrote his manifesto .
 
mentalfloss
+1
#30
I think the Jesus being socialist thing is because he was kinda like Robin Hood.

Take from the rich and give to the poor?
 

Similar Threads

116
Justin Trudeau gets the job done.
by Cobalt_Kid | Apr 4th, 2014
51
Justin Trudeau And Terrorism
by Liberalman | Feb 1st, 2014
35
Foolish not to go with Justin Trudeau
by china | Apr 3rd, 2013
156
For Justin Trudeau
by Retired_Can_Soldier | Mar 4th, 2013
14
Justin the lesser Trudeau
by Goober | Dec 14th, 2012
no new posts