Rob Ford arrives in Los Angeles for Jimmy Kimmel appearance

Locutus
Just days after he insisted he was not an international celebrity, Mayor Rob Ford arrived in Los Angeles ready to appear at the Oscars and on Jimmy Kimmel’s talk show.

Ford is slated to appear on Jimmy Kimmel Live on Monday. Kimmel greeted Ford and his entourage at Los Angeles International Airport on Saturday night, dressed up as a chauffeur.

Etalk host Tanya Kim asked Kimmel if he was taking Ford to the Academy Awards as his guest Sunday night.

“Absolutely. Wherever he wants to go,” Kimmel said in the interview.

Ford told the Toronto Sun’s Joe Warmington earlier Saturday that he would be attending the Oscars. But his staff told CP24 that no Oscar appearances had been confirmed.

Ford’s trip to Hollywood came the same week he told viewers of his Ford Nation YouTube show that he disliked the “celebrity” label.

haters gonna hate

Rob Ford arrives in Los Angeles for Jimmy Kimmel appearance | Toronto Star

BornRuff
What I don't really understand is how Rob explains this to himself.

Why does he think he is being invited to be on Jimmy Kimmel?

Liberalman
Quote: Originally Posted by BornRuffView Post

What I don't really understand is how Rob explains this to himself.

Why does he think he is being invited to be on Jimmy Kimmel?

I heard it on the news. Thanks to the stupidity of Toronto city council they helped Mayor Rob Ford become a global icon.

Locutus
Quote: Originally Posted by LiberalmanView Post

I heard it on the news. Thanks to the stupidity of Toronto city council they helped Mayor Rob Ford become a global icon.

Kinda like stubbin' yer fukkin' toe. Hurts like a bitch and you curse and grimace, even glare at the offending stubber, but in the end, it's your own damn fault.

They mad.

pgs
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

Kinda like stubbin' yer fukkin' toe. Hurts like a bitch and you curse and grimace, even glare at the offending stubber, but in the end, it's your own damn fault.

They mad.

Like they say any publicity is good publicity .

Sal
No Party Affiliation
Yeah he's not a media *****. He definitely avoids the press at all cost.

DaSleeper
The "Toronto Star" isn't real media.....

Machjo
'“Absolutely. Wherever he wants to go,” Kimmel said in the interview. '

That was a risky thing to say!

Sal
No Party Affiliation
Great now they have him on the front of a fuking float smoking crack.... so proud of our Canadian boy

NEW ORLEANS - A larger-than-life replica of Toronto Mayor Rob Ford smoking a crack pipe was featured front and centre in a Mardi Gras parade float sending up headline-grabbing Canadian celebrities.
The "Canadian Club" float ribbed Ford for his admitted drug use, and sported mockup Toronto Star newspaper headlines blaring "Mayor Ford: 'So I smoked a little crack'" and "I was in a drunken stupor."
A brief video posted online shows smoke billowing out from the Ford float's crack pipe as it rolled down a New Orleans street Friday night.
Painted on the side of the float were caricatures of Justin Bieber — who faces drug use allegations in Florida — clutching a smoky bong and former "Baywatch" star Pamela Anderson holding a sign reading "Remember me?"
Ford was making local headlines again this week when he challenged the city's police chief to publicly detail the cost of a long-standing police investigation into his activities sparked by reports of a purported Ford crack cocaine video.
The mayor, who is running for re-election, accused Chief Bill Blair of waging a politically motivated campaign and dared the top cop to "arrest me," insisting he has done nothing wrong.

Lovers gonna stay blind...

Machjo
He had fans in Ottawa who wanted to get their picture with him. The moral of the story: smoke crack and get a fan club.