So the CONS want to Ban Alcohol and Smoking Product Sales in Canada?


tay
#1
This ad left me with the inference that the CPC Party would like to see Alcohol and Smoking products banned, because they are "just as bad as Pot"..........



Turn your volume down before opening as the ad is loud and has no volume control




https://audioboo.fm/boos/1747422-cpc...k-ad-marijuana
 
lone wolf
Free Thinker
+1
#2
The tax revenues aren't though....
 
L Gilbert
No Party Affiliation
#3
Quote: Originally Posted by tayView Post

This ad left me with the inference that the CPC Party would like to see Alcohol and Smoking products banned, because they are "just as bad as Pot"..........



Turn your volume down before opening as the ad is loud and has no volume control




https://audioboo.fm/boos/1747422-cpc...k-ad-marijuana

Meh. Typical Con crap.
 
tay
#4
An Ottawa couple who uses medical marijuana are suing the federal government for a combined $6.5 million – a projected figure of what it will cost them to stay medicated for the next 40 years when Health Canada changes rules to its Medical Marijuana Access Regulation.


Russell Barth says he consumes about 11 to 12 grams of pot every day (he says he has a prescription for 16 grams per day) for pain management related to his fibromyalgia symptoms as well as post-traumatic stress. Barth and his wife Christine Lowe, who suffers from epilepsy, say they have a designated grower, an arrangement which allows them to stay medicated for far less than it will cost them under the new rules.


While he did not disclose how much he spends a year, he said a friend of his grew a year’s worth of marijuana in a single summer at a cost of $500.


When Health Canada changes come into effect at the end of the month, Barth and his wife won’t be able to afford the up to $15 per gram they will forced to pay from commercial growers. The changes will also force Barth to destroy all the stocked-up pot he already has – about 78 plants and 3.5 kilograms of dried marijuana that he says is worth over $130,000.


His statement of claim gives the Crown three options: remove cannabis from the Controlled Drugs and Substance Act (CDSA) for everybody, grant him and his wife a section 56 that would exempt them from the CDSA or pay them the money so they can afford to medicate themselves in the future. Ideally, Barth wants marijuana to be legal for everyone. He sees a market of cheap or free pot under those circumstances.


“Pot should be sold in supermarkets,” said Barth. “Pot should be as legal as coffee and chocolate, not tobacco and alcohol.”


The new rules, which come into effect March 31, 2014, will no longer allow medical marijuana patients to grow their own pot or use designated growers.




Ottawa marijuana users suing feds for $6.5 M | Metro
 
lone wolf
Free Thinker
+2
#5
11 to 12 grams A DAY? Couple of grams I can see. Just about a half ounce is tokin' yer brains out....
 
PoliticalNick
Free Thinker
+5
#6  Top Rated Post
It's time to just legalize the stuff across the board. The time and money wasted on this is asinine!
 
taxslave
No Party Affiliation
+2
#7
Bunch of Bull$hit in there. 11 grams a day he would not be able to get potato chips much less a lawyer. And 3.5 keys is not worth anywhere near $130 000 unless maybe you were selling it by the joint at a jr. high.
 
Tonington
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

Bunch of Bull$hit in there. 11 grams a day he would not be able to get potato chips much less a lawyer. And 3.5 keys is not worth anywhere near $130 000 unless maybe you were selling it by the joint at a jr. high.

He said his 78 plants and 3.5 kilograms are worth $130,000. What's the yield on 78 pot plants?
 
lone wolf
Free Thinker
#9
3-5 oz of dry bud from a plant is fine by me. That would give him around 20 pounds - and some serious time
 
tay
#10
Federal government threatens to share medicinal marijuana patient information with law enforcement






Health Canada has warned it will share with law enforcement the private information of citizens in lawful possession of medicinal marijuana unless they comply with a new order within six weeks’ time.




Today (March 14), the federal government posted a notice online stating that medicinal-marijuana licence holders are required to destroy all marijuana they have and provide written notice stating that they “no longer possess marijuana (dried marijuana, plants or seeds) obtained under the old program”.


“If participants do not comply with the requirement to notify Health Canada, the Department will notify law enforcement,” the release states.


Licence holders have until April 30, 2014, to meet the terms of the order.


Another Health Canada website provides vague details on the consequences of not complying with the new directive.
"The Department will take compliance and enforcement action," it states. "This includes informing law enforcement of your failure to notify Health Canada as required under section 259.3 of the MMPR. In addition, the Department will continue to cooperate with police, and provide information needed to protect public safety, as appropriate."


A “notification form” is available for download on the Health Canada website.


There are more than 16,500 British Columbians licensed to possess medicinal marijuana.




more


Federal government threatens to share medicinal marijuana patient information with law enforcement | Georgia Straight, Vancouver's News & Entertainment Weekly
 
Serryah
Free Thinker
+4
#11
If they're going to break confidentiality laws to alert police to pot growers, then they should also look at the validity of releasing patient intoxication status' if they are underage and go to the ER for treatment, or they come in drunk and have driven themselves to the hospital.

Since we know the above won't happen, the Feds are opening a serious can of stupid worms that I don't think they realize will bite them in the a$$, hard, in the end.
 
55Mercury
#12
All hail the shiny pony king!
 
MHz
#13
" all the stocked-up pot he already has – about 78 plants and 3.5 kilograms of dried marijuana that he says is worth over $130,000."
WTF!!! More than a little over the sanity level. They should make the ****er smoke it all till it is down to what can be grown by 6 plants.
Knock down the level to a few grams a day and in a year that is 700 grams, quite a difference.

The stopping home growing is just to make the Gov more money. Colorado is expecting $600M / yr from pot sales and they already have locked out growing at home as an alternative because everybody would be doing it.

Quote: Originally Posted by ToningtonView Post

He said his 78 plants and 3.5 kilograms are worth $130,000. What's the yield on 78 pot plants?

3500grams @ 10/grm is about $35,000 dollars, that would seem to mean every 25 plants will net about the same amount.

If that is prescription then the bill gets passed onto the taxpayer, I would go with if they need more than than 5 grams a day they have to grow their own or they get nothing. Who smokes 10 (or more) grams a day probably shouldn't be doing anything but watch plants grow.
 
darkbeaver
Republican
+3
#14
I've been smoking cannabis medicinally for twenty years or so, in all that time I have rarely smoked 1 gram in any one day. Quality counts.
 
lone wolf
Free Thinker
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by SerryahView Post

If they're going to break confidentiality laws to alert police to pot growers, then they should also look at the validity of releasing patient intoxication status' if they are underage and go to the ER for treatment, or they come in drunk and have driven themselves to the hospital.

Since we know the above won't happen, the Feds are opening a serious can of stupid worms that I don't think they realize will bite them in the a$$, hard, in the end.

I think the F'heds should sweep their own doorsteps first - and knock with off the spoiled brat politics: If you don't do what I want ... I'm telling.

Is this the sort of government we deserve?
 
Machjo
#16
I could agree with banning alcohol and nicotine products in principle except for medical reasons. The only reason they're accepted is because they're the 'white man's drug of choice.'

Not that that would determine whom I'd vote for in an election, and certainly not something worth fighting for unless the populaiotn is on board, but in principle that is where'd I stand anyway.
 
Tecumsehsbones
+3
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by MachjoView Post

I could agree with banning alcohol and nicotine products in principle except for medical reasons. The only reason they're accepted is because they're the 'white man's drug of choice.'

Not that that would determine whom I'd vote for in an election, and certainly not something worth fighting for unless the populaiotn is on board, but in principle that is where'd I stand anyway.

To be fair, "nicotine products," i.e., tobacco, is pretty much an Indian thing.

I know lots of Indians, myself included, who can smoke a cigarette and enjoy it, then not smoke another for weeks. Sometimes I wonder if it isn't like alcohol is for Europeans: a take-or-leave thing. Sadly, alcohol is not a take-or-leave thing for the vast majority of Indians. But I've noticed that there seems to be only two kinds of Europeans with regard to tobacco: addicts and never-touch-its. Very few take-or-leave types.

"Thanks for the whiskey, white man. Have a cigarette."
 
darkbeaver
Republican
+2
#18
I can't condemn anyone who smokes more than I do, they may have lumbering thick braincells that require sledge hammering stimulation. My brain cells are tiny delicate things easily transformed by miniscule little puffs of smoke.
 
Twila
+1
#19
I hate that I can legally smoke cigarettes ( I don't) and drink until I destroy my liver ( I don't drink much either) but I am not legally allowed to toke (and I do)

I think it's completely contradictory the reasons behind why it's illegal.
 
55Mercury
#20
Quote: Originally Posted by TwilaView Post

I hate that I can legally smoke cigarettes ( I don't) and drink until I destroy my liver ( I don't drink much either) but I am not legally allowed to toke (and I do)

I think it's completely contradictory the reasons behind why it's illegal.

don't we all

well,

any of us that matter, I mean!

:?D
 
damngrumpy
No Party Affiliation
+1
#21
We are living the twentieth century of the booze debate, the same arguments are
being used the truth is the church and the organized criminals would love to have
booze and cigarettes and pot banned. The church wants to save your soul and
they would have more money for the collection plate, the gangs want to raise the
price of illegal booze cigarettes and pot. They compete for the same dollar friends.
It's time to admit social interaction around these substances cannot be regulated
if the people are not in favor or there is a market for the product. It will also turn
off the young voters and that can't be all bad if they lose votes
 
Tecumsehsbones
#22
Quote: Originally Posted by damngrumpyView Post

It's time to admit social interaction around these substances cannot be regulated
if the people are not in favor or there is a market for the product.

Isn't that basically what Colorado and Washington did?
 
Machjo
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by damngrumpyView Post

We are living the twentieth century of the booze debate, the same arguments are
being used the truth is the church and the organized criminals would love to have
booze and cigarettes and pot banned. The church wants to save your soul and
they would have more money for the collection plate, the gangs want to raise the
price of illegal booze cigarettes and pot. They compete for the same dollar friends.
It's time to admit social interaction around these substances cannot be regulated
if the people are not in favor or there is a market for the product. It will also turn
off the young voters and that can't be all bad if they lose votes

Funny that. I disliked alcohol before I believed in God. Strange as it might sound, when I'd learnt that the Baha'i Faith prohibited the consumption of alcohol except for medical reasons it actually attracted me more. I was 21 at the time. Funny thing is, some of my friends, while attracted to parts of the Faith, were turned off specifically by that point alone. Go figure.
 
Sal
No Party Affiliation
#24
It's a stupid ad. If that's all they have they are screwed. They should have vetted that ad with an average individual first.

No surprise that they didn't though.
 
tay
#25
Medical marijuana users can continue to grow their own pot: court




Judge has granted medical marijuana patients and producers exception from new laws set to take effect April 1st, until a proper constitutional challenge can be heard.




The Conservative government's plan to move medical marijuana plants out of patients' basements and into commercial facilities was dealt a significant setback Friday, after a Federal Court judge ruled anyone already licensed to grow the drug may continue to do so.
Judge Michael Manson issued an injunction exempting patients who are licensed to possess or grow medical marijuana under the current rules, either for themselves or someone else, from new regulations that would have made the practice illegal.


A group of patients behind a constitutional challenge asked for an injunction to preserve the status quo until their legal case goes to trial.


The federal government announced its plans to overhaul the production of medical pot last year, arguing the current system had grown out of control and was rife with problems ranging from unsafe grow-ops to infiltration by criminals.


The new regulations restrict medical marijuana production to commercial growers, though the court injunction does not affect the new licensing system.


The plaintiffs in the lawsuit argued the updated regulations violate their right to access important medicine, because marijuana is expected to initially be more expensive under the new system. They also complained they won't have as much control over which strains of the drug they use.


The judge concluded some patients will not be able to afford marijuana if prices increase as expected.






more




Medical marijuana users can continue to grow their own pot: court | CTV News
 
no new posts