Justin Trudeau abandons Alberta

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
as he kicks out the only Alberta voices from the Liberal caucus.

On Wednesday Justin Trudeau, in what some have referred to as a 'bold' move, kicked out the only Alberta representatives, Senators Grant Mitchell and Claudette Tardiff, from the caucus of the Liberal Party of Canada. According to Trudeau: "I no longer want to have a relationship as a leader to these people, and they are no longer part of my party"

So with no elected Liberal MPs and now with no Liberal Senators, when the Liberal caucus gathers together to discuss issues or formulate policy etc, Albertans will no longer have anyone in the room to represent or speak for them. How can this be considered a good thing to do for either the people of Alberta or the Liberal Party?

It isn't, and having no one in the caucus room to speak on behalf of 3.7 million people from a province which is considered by some to be the 'economic engine of Canada' is not 'bold', it's a half baked, short sighted, political stunt.

more

Alberta Ardvark: Justin Trudeau abandons Alberta as he kicks out the only Alberta voices from the Liberal caucus.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
All the people of Alberta need to do is elect some Liberal MP's. I suggest electing a Liberal MP for the riding of Calgary Southwest.

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
Why would any reasonable Albertan want to do that??

I think we had had our fill of those scum bags years ago. What have the Libs ever done for AB anyways?
They just want AB money so they can siphon it off to Quebec the way old Trudeau did..

Get a life man!!

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
got a life, and I will continue to vote against Harper as long as he is a member.

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
Well you can vote against Harper, but why would any Albertan vote for a Lib is beyond me!!

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
Oh excuse me, HOW could I have ever missed that!!

Now that makes all the difference in the world!!

Idiot!!

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Did he kick out ONLY the Albertan senators?

No, but that's besides the point. It's like idiots like Durry complaining or putting down Trudeau for what he just did on the one hand, and the other implying that any Albertan with a brain would never vote for a Liberal. If that was the case, then what the fu ck is the problem with Alberta having no Liberal Senators?

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
No, but that's besides the point. It's like idiots like Durry complaining or putting down Trudeau for what he just did on the one hand, and the other implying that any Albertan with a brain would never vote for a Liberal. If that was the case, then what the fu ck is the problem with Alberta having no Liberal Senators?

You mean he doesn't think things through to a logical conclusion before he posts? Shocking.

Lol.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

No problem.

Alberta has three Conservative senators......and appointed by Harper.

They were all elected.

The Liberal guy was not.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
No problem.

Alberta has three Conservative senators......and appointed by Harper.

They were all elected.

The Liberal guy was not.

whoopdi doo, they were "elected" to a pool that harper than used to appoint. They have still been appointed by harper for life. There are still no term restrictions and no accountability. Harper talked the talk when he was trying to get elected, and once in the cat seat, has done nothing.

You mean he doesn't think things through to a logical conclusion before he posts? Shocking.

Lol.

typical of most ideologues.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
whoopdi doo, they were "elected" to a pool that harper than used to appoint. They have still been appointed by harper for life. There are still no term restrictions and no accountability. Harper talked the talk when he was trying to get elected, and once in the cat seat, has done nothing.

Yup and thanks to your idol Pierre there is really nothing he can do . Just how Pierre planned it . Quebec first and always .

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Yup and thanks to your idol Pierre there is really nothing he can do . Just how Pierre planned it . Quebec first and always .

Ahhhhhh....So it's PET's fault that Harper has appointed 59 senators since coming to power. The most of ANY Prime Minister in the history of this country.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

Actually, as I keep telling people, Harper did not appoint Senators until the Liberals began using their majority in the Senate to thwart the will of the elected House. Then Harper had no choice....it was let the Liberal Senate run the country against the will of the House, or appoint Conservative Senators. He did what was necessary.

The Senate is something we'd like to change...........really change, not "pretend" change.

And appointing Senators through some kind of elitist vetting program is not an improvement.