RCMP unveils new details in fraud allegations against Mac Harb

Locutus
In newly released court documents investigators allege that hours after Harb took out a $177,000 mortgage on his home in Cobden, Ont., in Oct. 2007, he transferred 99.99 per cent of the title to Magdalene Teo, who was at the time Brunei’s High Commissioner to Canada. She is now Brunei’s ambassador to China.

The RCMP documents allege Harb retained 0.01 percent of the home in his name, and did not notify the bank of the transfer, “thereby putting (the bank) at potential risk financially.” Investigators also allege that in late 2010 Harb took out a second mortgage, this time on a home in Westneath, Ont., and in his mortgage application told Royal Bank that he was the sole owner Cobden property.

“This was a fraudulent misrepresentation of assets on that mortgage application,” RCMP Cpl. Greg Horton alleges in the affidavit.

Libranos

RCMP unveils new details in fraud allegations against former senator Mac Harb | CTV News

Sal
No Party Affiliation
+2
And still living off of a nice fat cheque from us the taxpayers.

Nuggler
Think, if he's found guilty in court, he'll do time........?? Mehhhhhhh, I'd bet a coffee, not.

A house in Cobden worth $177K. Doubt it. Ever been there......?........sheesh. !!

How does one keep .01% of a property unless one is incorporated ?

Bit of a Lib slimeball, ol Mac.

Quote: Originally Posted by SalView Post

And still living off of a nice fat cheque from us the taxpayers.

If there's any justice, us taxpayers will be giving him 3 squares a day, and about $1.98, or whatever the going rate is in the hoosegow.

Ain't gonna happen.

Sal
No Party Affiliation
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by NugglerView Post

Think, if he's found guilty in court, he'll do time........?? Mehhhhhhh, I'd bet a coffee, not.

A house in Cobden worth $177K. Doubt it. Ever been there......?........sheesh. !!

How does one keep .01% of a property unless one is incorporated ?

Bit of a Lib slimeball, ol Mac.

If there's any justice, us taxpayers will be giving him 3 squares a day, and about $1.98, or whatever the going rate is in the hoosegow.

Ain't gonna happen.

if one of us had done it there would dire consequences...these people just seem to keep on truckin'

Kreskin
+3
#5  Top Rated Post
What's with these Senate a-holes? Enough is enough.

Cannuck
No Party Affiliation
+1

if one of us had done it there would dire consequences...these people just seem to keep on truckin'

Crime definitely does pay. You just have to steal enough

grumpydigger
The chosen privileged few in our society truly believe they're above reproach. these con games have been going on for a long time but were only starting to understand how criminal many of these outstanding citizens truly are.

Now are the people who are investigating them,being able to be bought off with large sums of money also.

They have a less than stellar record of misconduct themselves.

Sal
No Party Affiliation
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by CannuckView Post

Crime definitely does pay. You just have to steal enough

I agree crime does pay, but you have to have the lack of conscience to be okay with it...and they do say only a small percentage of psychopaths kill....the rest run big corporations or something equally profitable...

like join the senate with your buddies

taxslave
No Party Affiliation
+2
Putting these guys in jail is just punishing the taxpayer. Best to fine them right into poverty.

Cliffy
Free Thinker
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

Putting these guys in jail is just punishing the taxpayer. Best to fine them right into poverty.

I'm kinda partial to the Chinese method of dealing with these criminals.

Sal
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

and that would be....(make it something good k?)

taxslave
No Party Affiliation
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

Quick and cheap but it doesn't allow them to reflect on their past. Or maybe their don't have the necessary circuits to do that anyway.

Sal
No Party Affiliation

Quick and cheap but it doesn't allow them to reflect on their past. Or maybe their don't have the necessary circuits to do that anyway.

I am really wondering about a lot of these people... no conscience = no guilt = no stress....you can do anything

Cliffy
Free Thinker

I am really wondering about a lot of these people... no conscience = no guilt = no stress....you can do anything

Maybe we are all just jealous of sociopaths and psychopaths, Guilt is a terrible burden.

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
+1

... But it does allow for everyone else to benefit from that reflection

damngrumpy
No Party Affiliation
The Senate oh the Senate it is us who are the problem don't you understand?
For us all these end arounds against the law are troubling for the Senate it's
normal behaviour. The can't understand what the fuss is about. We have three
or four Conservative or former conservatives and a Liberal or two who got
caught. They were all at one time appointed by a Prime Minister who of course
used poor judgement. I love the terms "Poor judgement" He/She made a
"mistake" I was under stress at the time. and the list goes on.
We as a society built in all kinds of defences for them as well. Its nearly impossible
to get rid of them as Senate members or police for that matter.
What is required is a new book of ethics that spells out what can be done what
can't be done and what the penalties are for doing it and the same law applies to
them as it does to us