Where are TO MP's, MPP's and concillors?


Walter
+1 / -1
#1
Anyone seen Olivia Chow or Adam Vaughan these past few days? The ice hasn't melted yet and the power is still out for many thousands.

What the heck is a concillor?
 
Most helpful post: The members here have rated this post as best reply.
lone wolf
Free Thinker
#2
Odd that a politician isn't looking for photo ops?...
 
Locutus
+6
#3  Top Rated Post
My power was out from last Sunday until last night. It wouldn't have mattered to me what stripe a politician was that might have asked me how I felt or knocked on my door. They would have all received the same response from me.

Fuk off and keep fukking off. I'm cold, hungry and exhausted and have no time for any of you bastards.
 
damngrumpy
No Party Affiliation
#4
Here is the worst of all probabilities. A council divided and Provincial Government
polarized and divided and a storm devised by Mother Nature that could have
united them and didn't. The time has come for all the politicians and decision
makers to forge some kind of unity if only symbolic, at this point to start serious
discussions about a lot of things coming in the future.
At the same time its true this storm would have overwhelmed whoever was in power
and the companies have done and are doing what they can. For those cold and
hungry remember there are a lot of men and women out there who are cold and
hungry trying to get your power on, and likely because of politicians they can't do
more. Instead of pointing at one group or another and blaming them people should
be demanding changes to the way things are done to ensure this is a lot less
severe in the future. Like the one person said on here it wouldn't have mattered who
knocked on his door they would have got an ear full.
Remember all the people who claim we can just cut the budgets cause we don't
need this or that? Well the disaster came and it appears they need more resourses
than they have. personally I think the storm was too big for anything else to be done
 
Christianna
No Party Affiliation
+1
#5
Quote:

Anyone seen Olivia Chow or Adam Vaughan these past few days

Did they cause the storm? Are they electricians charged with restoring power? Maybe their power is off too?
 
mentalfloss
No Party Affiliation
+3 / -1
#6
Must be pretty dry for the right if this is the type of criticism they've been reduced to peddling.
 
Walter
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by ChristiannaView Post

Did they cause the storm? Are they electricians charged with restoring power? Maybe their power is off too?

They are politicians representing TO. Where are they in this time of crisis?
 
Christianna
No Party Affiliation
+3 / -1
#8
Walter what the hell do you want them to do? Knit the cables back together with their teeth? I agree with Mental Floss you are scraping the bottom of the barrel for something to criticize. Typical of your ilk.
 
mentalfloss
No Party Affiliation
+1
#9
I don't think people need local councillors.

They need electricians.
 
Locutus
#10
Rob Fords' First Officer, Cmdr Kelly was in Florida during the height of the mess. That's where one of these arseholes was.

Of course it's easier to criticize the Mayor (who didn't cause this ice build up either) than to actually offer assistance or help a neighbour eh.
 
mentalfloss
No Party Affiliation
#11
Ford would've gone to Florida too if he wasn't banned.
 
captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalflossView Post

I don't think people need local councillors.

They need electricians.


Unless the electricians, arborists, etc are donating their time and materials, the city's representatives need to be on site to get the ball rolling
 
damngrumpy
No Party Affiliation
#13
The Mayor could have asked for outside help with a disaster declaration.
I do agree though in times of serious trouble a holiday should be cut short.
The people need power and soon the better but when a storm of this
magnitude hits the beginning is anywhere you start. Instead some look for
others to blame. Like those talking about Obama's NSA the spy ring the make
it sound like its Obama's. Well he came along in about half a decade ago
who owned the NSA before that? Guess it must have been Bush eh?
This power situation is a freak of nature and is happening to people in America
as well
 
taxslave
No Party Affiliation
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalflossView Post

Ford would've gone to Florida too if he wasn't banned.

Which is probably where the rest of the politicians are right about now. And anyone else with a lick of sense stuck in that icebox.
 
Christianna
No Party Affiliation
+3 / -1
#15
Walter you are so predictable I really have to laugh. I knew before you did it that you were gonna give me a thumbs down. LOL
 
taxslave
No Party Affiliation
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by ChristiannaView Post

Walter you are so predictable I really have to laugh. I knew before you did it that you were gonna give me a thumbs down. LOL

Sometimes I write things just to see if walmart is paying attention.
 
Sal
No Party Affiliation
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

My power was out from last Sunday until last night. It wouldn't have mattered to me what stripe a politician was that might have asked me how I felt or knocked on my door. They would have all received the same response from me.

Fuk off and keep fukking off. I'm cold, hungry and exhausted and have no time for any of you bastards.

fuk Loc, good to hear you now have power...I am so grateful to have power and ours was only off for nine hours...sorry about your troubles...I was wondering where you were. First thing I wanted was a homemade coffee and a shower. Hope you recover quickly
 
Locutus
+2
#18
I'll get in there around 6:30 apres work. First thing is to chuck the sh!t out of the fridge. Then check mt tcp/ip settings, make sure sure cable is on, check my last xbox 360 game save took properly, then if I time it right, a crap on my own commode, mayhaps a wank in the shower and then order a pizza.

All this time tho' my wife had been in hospital due to an epileptic grand mal fall in the tub, then slight pneumonia and then released from hospital, then the magical 4 days of shivering at her folks place. I may whine a lot but this poor gal had a mighty rough go. I'll be very happy when she gets home.

Christmas was very 'relative' if you know what I mean. Different. Kinda subjective.
 
Sal
No Party Affiliation
+1
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

I'll get in there around 6:30 apres work. First thing is to chuck the sh!t out of the fridge. Then check mt tcp/ip settings, make sure sure cable is on, check my last xbox 360 game save took properly, then if I time it right, a crap on my own commode, mayhaps a wank in the shower and then order a pizza.

All this time tho' my wife had been in hospital due to an epileptic grand mal fall in the tub, then slight pneumonia and then released from hospital, then the magical 4 days of shivering at her folks place. I may whine a lot but this poor gal had a mighty rough go. I'll be very happy when she gets home.

Christmas was very 'relative' if you know what I mean. Different. Kinda subjective.

holy s hit, one trouble after another, that is usually the way it goes...as for Christmas, yeah I didn't bring it up, funny how something like that becomes totally and completely irrelevant when other life pressing issues arise...it truly is just another day unless all is well with the world...when all is well in our world, everyday is Christmas...I learned that the hard way too.

Be well...get the wife home and live.
 
Christianna
No Party Affiliation
-1
#20
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

Sometimes I write things just to see if walmart is paying attention.

It is truly laughable, I told my hubby before Walter did it that he would. I really laugh about it.
 
Walter
#21
Quote: Originally Posted by ChristiannaView Post

It is truly laughable, I told my hubby before Walter did it that he would. I really laugh about it.

Yer very clever.
 
Christianna
No Party Affiliation
+3
#22
Quote: Originally Posted by WalterView Post

Yer very clever.

Yes I am, and I also have a great sense of humor. Gonna try for 4?
 
tay
+1
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalflossView Post

Must be pretty dry for the right if this is the type of criticism they've been reduced to peddling.





Walter is in such a furry over this he didn't notice he was spelling 'councillor' wrong, twice .




Might I add that if someone in charge had of called in outside help (Rob Ford I'm looking at you) such as say the Military to clear the trees instead of the Hydro people having to clear the trees before getting to the wires, this whole process could have been speed up by a few days.


I'm thinking Ford remembers when Mel Lastman was laughed at by the 'right wing' for bringing the Military in for the big snowfall and doesn't want to be laughed at for that same reason.


But Rob. we are all laughing at you already, not with you...............
 
Walter
+1
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by tayView Post

Walter is in such a furry over this he didn't notice he was spelling 'councillor' wrong, twice .

I hope you noticed I spelled it the same wrong way both times. Oh yes, my wife hates it when I am furry, that's why I shave.
Last edited by Walter; Dec 28th, 2013 at 08:45 AM..
 
55Mercury
+1
#25
oh tay can you tee?

Walter may very well be furry, but I tend to think of him more as fuzzy, if not downright funny. But one thing I don't see in old Wally is fury.

Perhaps you were in too much of a hurry to denigrate him that you forgot to proof-read your post? Or maybe you're a hypocrite who can't spell either. Just because the spell-check doesn't red-underline a word, doesn't mean it's the right word.

I think he was more likely trying to elicit a response from B-Ruff as to where all the rest of the city politicians were on Christmas while his pet pariah was assuring everyone he was working right through this power-loss crisis. - all kinda in-your-face-like.

so... hats off to Wally!

Quote: Originally Posted by WalterView Post

I hope you noticed I spelled it the same wrong way both times.

yes, I noticed that, and I took it to mean that you were aware of the error but once posted a thread title cannot be corrected. - is that how it went down?
 
mentalfloss
No Party Affiliation
+1
#26
You can't really blame Wally.

He mines the fury of right-wing talk radio and thinks everyone on the interwebs is just as dumb.
 
55Mercury
#27
Well it's pretty clear that some at least have a little trouble finding the sum of 2 + 2.
 
BaalsTears
-1
#28
Quote: Originally Posted by WalterView Post

...Olivia Chow...

She was formerly known as Heidi Ho.
 
Machjo
#29
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolfView Post

Odd that a politician isn't looking for photo ops?...

Too cold. If it were summer in Calgary, that's different.
 
no new posts