Where are TO MP's, MPP's and concillors?

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Anyone seen Olivia Chow or Adam Vaughan these past few days? The ice hasn't melted yet and the power is still out for many thousands.

What the heck is a concillor?

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
My power was out from last Sunday until last night. It wouldn't have mattered to me what stripe a politician was that might have asked me how I felt or knocked on my door. They would have all received the same response from me.

Fuk off and keep fukking off. I'm cold, hungry and exhausted and have no time for any of you bastards.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Here is the worst of all probabilities. A council divided and Provincial Government
polarized and divided and a storm devised by Mother Nature that could have
united them and didn't. The time has come for all the politicians and decision
makers to forge some kind of unity if only symbolic, at this point to start serious
discussions about a lot of things coming in the future.
At the same time its true this storm would have overwhelmed whoever was in power
and the companies have done and are doing what they can. For those cold and
hungry remember there are a lot of men and women out there who are cold and
hungry trying to get your power on, and likely because of politicians they can't do
more. Instead of pointing at one group or another and blaming them people should
be demanding changes to the way things are done to ensure this is a lot less
severe in the future. Like the one person said on here it wouldn't have mattered who
knocked on his door they would have got an ear full.
Remember all the people who claim we can just cut the budgets cause we don't
need this or that? Well the disaster came and it appears they need more resourses
than they have. personally I think the storm was too big for anything else to be done

Christianna

Electoral Member
Dec 18, 2012
Anyone seen Olivia Chow or Adam Vaughan these past few days
Did they cause the storm? Are they electricians charged with restoring power? Maybe their power is off too?

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Must be pretty dry for the right if this is the type of criticism they've been reduced to peddling.

Christianna

Electoral Member
Dec 18, 2012
Walter what the hell do you want them to do? Knit the cables back together with their teeth? I agree with Mental Floss you are scraping the bottom of the barrel for something to criticize. Typical of your ilk.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Rob Fords' First Officer, Cmdr Kelly was in Florida during the height of the mess. That's where one of these arseholes was.

Of course it's easier to criticize the Mayor (who didn't cause this ice build up either) than to actually offer assistance or help a neighbour eh.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
The Mayor could have asked for outside help with a disaster declaration.
I do agree though in times of serious trouble a holiday should be cut short.
The people need power and soon the better but when a storm of this
magnitude hits the beginning is anywhere you start. Instead some look for
others to blame. Like those talking about Obama's NSA the spy ring the make
it sound like its Obama's. Well he came along in about half a decade ago
who owned the NSA before that? Guess it must have been Bush eh?
This power situation is a freak of nature and is happening to people in America
as well

Christianna

Electoral Member
Dec 18, 2012
Walter you are so predictable I really have to laugh. I knew before you did it that you were gonna give me a thumbs down. LOL

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
My power was out from last Sunday until last night. It wouldn't have mattered to me what stripe a politician was that might have asked me how I felt or knocked on my door. They would have all received the same response from me.

Fuk off and keep fukking off. I'm cold, hungry and exhausted and have no time for any of you bastards.
fuk Loc, good to hear you now have power...I am so grateful to have power and ours was only off for nine hours...sorry about your troubles...I was wondering where you were. First thing I wanted was a homemade coffee and a shower. Hope you recover quickly

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
I'll get in there around 6:30 apres work. First thing is to chuck the sh!t out of the fridge. Then check mt tcp/ip settings, make sure sure cable is on, check my last xbox 360 game save took properly, then if I time it right, a crap on my own commode, mayhaps a wank in the shower and then order a pizza.

All this time tho' my wife had been in hospital due to an epileptic grand mal fall in the tub, then slight pneumonia and then released from hospital, then the magical 4 days of shivering at her folks place. I may whine a lot but this poor gal had a mighty rough go. I'll be very happy when she gets home.

Christmas was very 'relative' if you know what I mean. Different. Kinda subjective.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I'll get in there around 6:30 apres work. First thing is to chuck the sh!t out of the fridge. Then check mt tcp/ip settings, make sure sure cable is on, check my last xbox 360 game save took properly, then if I time it right, a crap on my own commode, mayhaps a wank in the shower and then order a pizza.

All this time tho' my wife had been in hospital due to an epileptic grand mal fall in the tub, then slight pneumonia and then released from hospital, then the magical 4 days of shivering at her folks place. I may whine a lot but this poor gal had a mighty rough go. I'll be very happy when she gets home.

Christmas was very 'relative' if you know what I mean. Different. Kinda subjective.
holy s hit, one trouble after another, that is usually the way it goes...as for Christmas, yeah I didn't bring it up, funny how something like that becomes totally and completely irrelevant when other life pressing issues arise...it truly is just another day unless all is well with the world...when all is well in our world, everyday is Christmas...I learned that the hard way too.

Be well...get the wife home and live.