Alberta's SUN's want Harper to step aside, now this from the Herald

tay
Editorial: Shame on Redford

New union laws violate basic rights

Needless to say, making it illegal to just talk about striking is the kind of law one might expect in some banana republic or other oppressive totalitarian state.

Every opposition party opposes this legislation, but their voices could scarcely be heard on the issue as Redford limited debate on the legislation in the legislature.

“The Wildrose believes strongly in respecting the rule of law and upholding contracts including collective bargaining agreements,” Wildrose House Leader and Finance Critic Rob Anderson said in a written statement.

“Negotiating a collective bargaining agreement that is fair for taxpayers is an important goal; however, it does not give the government the right to terminate the legal arbitration rights of public sector employees.”

Exactly. Redford, who is a human rights lawyer, has clearly discarded what she learned when she helped Nelson Mandela work through changing the laws of post-Apartheid South Africa after he became that country’s first black president. That these bills passed third reading just one day before Mandela passed away on Thursday is both ironic and coincidental. It’s reasonable to assume that Mandela would be appalled by these laws that strip workers of their rights.

As Gil McGowan, president of the Alberta Federation of Labour, wrote in a column that ran in the Herald on Wednesday, “given the fact that there have only been four or five illegal strikes in Alberta over the past two decades, it’s hard to see a need for this kind of legislation.”

That Premier Redford actually has the gall to claim that among unionized workers “there’s an appreciation for what we’re trying to do,” is laughable.

Nobody believes that and no one can believe that a so-called human rights lawyer would allow such an abomination to the most fundamental right of any free and democratic

Editorial: Shame on Redford

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
+1
Where does Harper fit into this?

B00Mer
Libertarian
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morganView Post

Yeah tay's hatred of Harper he reaching... as usual.

DaSleeper
+1

Quote: Originally Posted by B00MerView Post

Yeah tay's hatred of Harper he reaching... as usual.

I clicked on the find box...and Harper is nowhere on the news article...on the whole web page...

Tonington
The title of the thread is clearly implying that editorial boards of media outlets in Alberta are turning against Conservative politicians...

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by ToningtonView Post

The title of the thread is clearly implying that editorial boards of media outlets in Alberta are turning against Conservative politicians...

There is no one else that the media can target in AB... The combined opposition parties hold but a handful of seats

SLM
No Party Affiliation
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeperView Post

I clicked on the find box...and Harper is nowhere on the news article...on the whole web page...

ex·trap·o·late
ikˈstrapəˌlāt/
verb

verb: extrapolate; 3rd person present: extrapolates; past tense: extrapolated; past participle: extrapolated; gerund or present participle: extrapolating
  1. 1.
    extend the application of (a method or conclusion, esp. one based on statistics) to an unknown situation by assuming that existing trends will continue or similar methods will be applicable.

Don't get me wrong, as sitting PM Harper is where the buck stops....for grievance against governmental policies and decisions, he sits in the big chair, he should be taking the hits. But there's enough to legitimately gripe about with assuming anything more.

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
How far are we allowed to:

ex·trap·o·late
ikˈstrapəˌlāt/

I would kinda like to pin this on Justin Trudeau if possible

B00Mer
Libertarian
+1
Wild Rose will win the next election in Alberta anyhow... given' the Conservatives an A$$ Kicking

dam look at them tires.. wOoot!!

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
Actually, the Wildrose did take a good chunk of seats from the Cons. When I responded earlier I had the Libs and NDP in mind.

Doesn't matter too much anyways, Wildrose is a more extreme version of the Cons anyways

SLM
No Party Affiliation

How far are we allowed to:

ex·trap·o·late
ikˈstrapəˌlāt/

I would kinda like to pin this on Justin Trudeau if possible

Doesn't all the back and forth get boring after a while? Why not try something challenging? Try to pin it all on.....Martha Stewart. Just for kicks, lol.

B00Mer
Libertarian
+1

Doesn't matter too much anyways, Wildrose is a more extreme version of the Cons anyways

...and they have my vote.. failing that.. amalgamation into the USA..

DaSleeper
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

ex·trap·o·late
ikˈstrapəˌlāt/
verb

verb: extrapolate; 3rd person present: extrapolates; past tense: extrapolated; past participle: extrapolated; gerund or present participle: extrapolating

1. 1.
    extend the application of (a method or conclusion, esp. one based on statistics) to an unknown situation by assuming that existing trends will continue or similar methods will be applicable.

wishful thinking
n. Identification of one's wishes or desires with reality.

n.
interpretation of facts, actions, words, etc., as one would like them to be rather than as they really are.

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois

Doesn't all the back and forth get boring after a while? Why not try something challenging? Try to pin it all on.....Martha Stewart. Just for kicks, lol.

Martha Stewart is no good - she's already done time and is basically damaged goods.

... Now Justin, well - he would be a big hit in cell block 4.... Time to really extrapolate just for fun

B00Mer
Libertarian
+1

Martha Stewart is no good - she's already done time and is basically damaged goods.

... Now Justin, well - he would be a big hit in cell block 4.... Time to really extrapolate just for fun

Pretty boy politics

Sun News : Pretty boy politics

SLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeperView Post

wishful thinking
n. Identification of one's wishes or desires with reality.

n.
interpretation of facts, actions, words, etc., as one would like them to be rather than as they really are.

Bottom line is, it's all the same thing. Conclusion preceeding information.

Yeah, but I don't like her. Lol.

Quote:

Have at it....just thought it might be fun to do something different for a change.

damngrumpy
No Party Affiliation
No this is not about Harper and it is about Reford changing course and denying
democracy for workers. This law needs to be challenged. Remember when
Gordon Campbell did his nasty deed in BC and it too was struck down.
I would hate to see Wildrose win the next election their positions on things is far
worse than the current government. I wouldn't expect anything different from
Alberta though. Everyone else is heading to a more left of center approach as the
current government has made Canadians restless. Alberta will buck the trend
likely.

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
+1

Have at it....just thought it might be fun to do something different for a change.

Tell ya what, I'll meet you 1/2 way.

We'll extrapolate to cover Justin Trudeau, Justin Bieber and Justin Timberlake.

Who knows, maybe they will all share a cell?

B00Mer
Libertarian

Hey, Hey - Justin Randall Timberlake was screwing this.. cudo's to him..

SLM
No Party Affiliation
+1

Now that's more interesting, lol.

damngrumpy
No Party Affiliation
Yup even at my age a picture is worth a thousand words

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
Quote: Originally Posted by B00MerView Post

Hey, Hey - Justin Randall Timberlake was screwing this.. cudo's to him..

She looks like she is deliberately covering-up her Adam's Apple.

.... Kinda makes you wonder

petros
+1
Will the voting Cons be happy when TFWs ¿take their jobs? *

*Note the Spanish way of quoting.

karrie
No Party Affiliation
+1

Well, the hair and the makeup was obviously from her. And now apparently the ethics lessons. I think we have a winner frankly.

petros
+2
#25  Top Rated Post
Lee press on hair?

SLM
No Party Affiliation
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by karrieView Post

Well, the hair and the makeup was obviously from her. And now apparently the ethics lessons. I think we have a winner frankly.

I've been saying it for years. Doing that much decoupage is not a good thing. And now the madness is spreading.

no new posts