OK Canadians, Part II

Toro

Senate Member
I've now been in the US for 16 years. And in all the years I've been here, this is how many times Americans have asked me about a Canadian politician at any level for any reason:

Until this week.

Now, I've got Americans asking my about "my boy, the crack-smoking mayor of Toronto."

At first I thought they were kidding. After all, if there's a more an*l place in North America than Toronto, I haven't been there.

I said, "What, do you mean he said 'The Leafs are going to win the Cup,' and the only person who would think that must be figuratively smoking crack?"

No, they replied. He was on youtube lighting up a rock, or whatever the street nomenclature for smoking crack may be.

So what the heck is going on up there?

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
I've now been in the US for 16 years. And in all the years I've been here, this is how many times Americans have asked me about a Canadian politician at any level for any reason:

Until this week.

Now, I've got Americans asking my about "my boy, the crack-smoking mayor of Toronto."

At first I thought they were kidding. After all, if there's a more an*l place in North America than Toronto, I haven't been there.

I said, "What, do you mean he said 'The Leafs are going to win the Cup,' and the only person who would think that must be figuratively smoking crack?"

No, they replied. He was on youtube lighting up a rock, or whatever the street nomenclature for smoking crack may be.

Welcome to UTube.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario

Until this week.

We're trying a new direction in city management.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
It's Canada's new 'If you can't beat 'em, join 'em' policy Toro. Where have you been? ;P

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
As someone who voted for Ford, I am disgusted and embarrassed with his drama. I honestly couldn't care less what he does behind closed doors but the fact that he consorts with criminals and his buddy is up on extortion (Lisi) charges seals the deal for me. He's a hypocrite and a liar.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
As someone who voted for Ford, I am disgusted and embarrassed with his drama. I honestly couldn't care less what he does behind closed doors but the fact that he consorts with criminals and his buddy is up on extortion (Lisi) charges seals the deal for me. He's a hypocrite and a liar.

As opposed to any other politician?

Ok, kidding (sorta). It is a sad state of affairs and getting sadder every day.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
of course..... one mayor, in one city..... and the question is asked of all of Canada as to what is going on..... typical american ignorance.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
Toronto is the only major city in Canada I've never been to. Haven't been avoiding it I just never had any reason or interest in going. Toronto has been a pretty entertaining place from a distance since Ford has been in.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Toronto is the only major city in Canada I've never been to. Haven't been avoiding it I just never had any reason or interest in going. Toronto has been a pretty entertaining place from a distance since Ford has been in.

It's what you make it.