and all the rest you will beg for some kind of regulation to survive and
have quality food there is a difference between cheap food and healthy
safe and quality food. The problem will surface down the road sure as
ya God made little green apples

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
What is the deal with all the "Friends of" business all of a sudden. Everything now is "Friends of this or Friends of that". Is everyone that wimpy now they need their friends to fight their battles for them?

Okay, on that one I was joking but honestly this trend is a little annoying. It just oozes wimpy and PC, ya know?

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
When they finish the race to the bottom with wheat and apples and dairy
and all the rest you will beg for some kind of regulation to survive and
have quality food there is a difference between cheap food and healthy
safe and quality food. The problem will surface down the road sure as
ya God made little green apples
B.S.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Now is the time at SDA when we juxtapose!

Western Producer, March 1996 - Farmers arrested last week were trucking grain from McMechan's Canadian farm to his American farm. Some had carried their own grain to U.S. elevators.

Reuters, March 2014 - Truckloads of Canadian canola and wheat are flowing briskly into U.S. crushing plants and elevators, as Canada's farmers seek to get round an unprecedented backlog of crops destined for ports. A record-smashing Canadian harvest and brutal winter have overwhelmed Canadian National Railway Co and Canadian Pacific Limited, the key links in moving western crops to ports on the Pacific Ocean, the Great Lakes and St. Lawrence Seaway.

h/t Free Northerner

I Miss The Canadian Wheat Board - Small Dead Animals

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
record-smashing Canadian harvest and brutal winter have overwhelmed Canadian National Railway Co and Canadian Pacific Limited
BULLSH!T!!! They've moved nearly as much with coal burning steam locomotives in far colder temps with really bitchin' deep snow 100 years ago. There is no Locomotive shortage or oil issues, grain trains are (supposed to be) dedicated.

I counted 23 bulkers sitting in English Bay and Burrard inlet in Vancouver 2 weeks ago waiting for the 5Million tonnes sitting losing grade and value.

When it gets warm in the next couple weeks that sitting grain is going to heat and be worthless.

That is huge money ripped from the economy of Western Canada and a black eye for reliability on the international market.