Rob Ford-penned reference letter for Sandro Lisi released

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Behold:

Alleged drug dealer Sandro Lisi was praised as “an exemplary member” of Mayor Rob Ford’s campaign team in a character reference letter released Tuesday morning by a Superior Court judge.

In the letter, Mayor Ford said he has known Lisi “through his volunteer work on my 2010 election campaign. He was an exemplary member of my campaign team, where he displayed exceptional leadership skills and worked hard both in and out of the campaign office.”

The letter was filed as an exhibit in June this year when Lisi was sentenced for threatening to kill his girlfriend. Madam Justice Jane Kelly ordered the exhibit could be released to the media after the Toronto Star applied for it.

“Mr. Lisi has demonstrated to myself that he has a great work ethic and has always shown tact and diplomacy. I have known Mr. Lisi for several years, and he has always conducted himself in a courteous and polite manner,” wrote Ford on his city of Toronto letterhead.
“I would be pleased to provide him with a reference.”

Ford arrived at City Hall around 12 p.m. on Tuesday. He didn't answer a question about the letter as he walked in his office.

Lisi -- who is Ford’s friend and occasional driver and is now on bail facing marijuana trafficking charges -- is appealing his threatening conviction against his girlfriend of 12 months.

Lisi received a suspended sentence and two years probation, including the Partner Assault Response program, prons and a weapons prohibition for five years from Justice Paul French.

Lawyer Iris Fischer, representing the Toronto Star, has asked for access to Ford’s letter that was filed at Lisi’s sentencing in June through Justice Kelly, who was administering summary conviction appeals Thursday.

Lisi’s lawyer, Dom Basile, appeared Tuesday in court and didn’t oppose the release of Ford’s letter, paving the way for its release .
Lisi has been linked to the mayor’s alleged crack video.

Three weeks ago in an exclusive interview with the Toronto Sun, a friend of Lisi said that he and another man tried unsuccessfully to recover a video allegedly showing the mayor smoking crack.

Ford has denied the existence of the video and refused to comment on it.

Mayor Rob Ford-penned reference letter for Sandro Lisi released | Toronto & GTA | News | Toronto Sun

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/10/2...nned-numerous-letters-for-criminals-doug-ford

u still mad?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I'm beginning to think Rob Ford is mentally retarded.
Oh ya, I completely agree.

The owner of a company I did work for years ago, wrote one of them letters for a guy that was charged with rape. RAPE!!!

Even though that company survived the recession, and trust me, i didn't think it would, that owner is a retard and not fit to run a company.

Just sayin'.

Wait till you get a load of the stunt driving tow truck driver letter. You know, he was convicted of MURDER!!!

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Ford whether guilty of a drug situation or not is an idiot. As such Ford should do
the honorable thing and resign. He clearly has behavioural problems and an
ability to put both feet in his mouth at the same time. Oh and with his shoes on.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Ford whether guilty of a drug situation or not is an idiot. As such Ford should do
the honorable thing and resign. He clearly has behavioural problems and an
ability to put both feet in his mouth at the same time. Oh and with his shoes on.
I disagree.

As much of a buffoon as he is, for the most part, he's actually doing what he said he'd do, and listening to his constituents.

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
The pre-sentence report and a character reference letter — where Ford praised Lisi as an “exemplary member” of his 2010 mayoral campaign team — were admitted as court exhibits in June when Lisi was given a suspended sentence and probation for threatening to kill his girlfriend.

So Ford had no problem with his buddy threatening to kill his girlfriend and helped him get as light a sentence as possible?

This is the guy that just demanded some other guy be fired for showing up in a photo with his head on his desk. I'm not saying Ford is a psychopath, that's up to the professionals to determine, but he sure acts like one.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
So Ford had no problem with his buddy threatening to kill his girlfriend and helped him get as light a sentence as possible?

This is the guy that just demanded some other guy be fired for showing up in a photo with his head on his desk. I'm not saying Ford is a psychopath, that's up to the professionals to determine, but he sure acts like one.

A Psychopath. Good thing you're not saying that, because I'd think you're even more retarded than I think Rob Ford is.

Notice I said more.

I already think you're retarded.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Never did like that phrase retard- comes from how it was used for these people afflicted and that was the term used when I was growing up.
Am I being PC- No - the English language is overflowing with other, more descriptive words.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Never did like that phrase retard- comes from how it was used for these people afflicted and that was the term used when I was growing up.
Am I being PC- No - the English language is overflowing with other, more descriptive words.

Words, even hurtful words have their place in the English language.

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
A Psychopath. Good thing you're not saying that, because I'd think you're even more retarded than I think Rob Ford is.

Notice I said more.

I already think you're retarded.

No, you said nothing of any real importance.

If this was the first instance of Ford acting in a way that's seem in marked opposition to reality then we could give him the benefit of the doubt, but it's not.

The old term used to be moral insanity, and any objective look at Ford would indicate that he shows that characteristic. Obviously that kind of personality resonates with people who quite possibly share it in some degree. Otherwise why let this kind of thing go on and on despite the obvious damage it's doing to the city of Toronto. Psychopaths are unable to feel any true empathy for others but are often skilled at games and can appear very charming superficially, Ted Bundy being a prime example.

If you consider Ford a responsible public servant, then your critical thinking skills are approaching zero.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
If you consider Ford a responsible public servant, then your critical thinking skills are approaching zero.
Public servants are there to spend my tax money wisely and so far Ford has spent it more wisely than his last many predecessors.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Public servants are there to spend my tax money wisely and so far Ford has spent it more wisely than his last many predecessors.
Hence the giant bullseye on his back.

Anybody hear about Lastman's ties to the Jewish mob?