The Conservative plan to become Canada’s Natural Governing Party

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
OTTAWA — Canada’s Conservatives, after nearly eight years of power, have become the country’s Establishment Party.

Traditionally viewed as a collection of misfits who couldn’t keep power once they achieved it — and who stabbed each other in the back during opposition — the Tories are now a political powerhouse.

But can they win a fourth-straight election, in 2015? The last time a Conservative prime minister did that was in 1891, under Sir John A. Macdonald. Expect Wednesday’s throne speech to be focused on this goal.

Here’s how the Conservatives hope to become Canada’s Natural Governing Party.

The Conservative plan to become Canada’s Natural Governing Party | National Post

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
These bunch of Conservative do well because they find that Canadians are afraid of the iron fist of the PMO.

tober

Time Out
Aug 6, 2013
These things usually happen as a result of what people don't want, not what they want. Government is complex. Few people are able to criticize it from the perspective of exactly what is wrong and how to fix it. People know what they don't want - corruption and arrogance. People will vote for Liberals and NDP as a protest vote, but only if the party they vote for is not worse than the governing party. Right now Trudeau is seen as a lightweight being used by hacks to make up for the fact that Liberals are politically bankrupt. The federal NDP is seen as a bunch of extremist flacks who cannot be trusted - who in their right mind would want to see the likes of Sven Robinson with real power? I know Robinson's gone, but that's my example. My point? Both the Liberals and NDP must first overcome a bigger image problem than the Conservatives have yet amassed if they want to win the protest vote.