taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
I think there's more to the story then what written there. I take anything that the CBC and the NDP state with a grain of salt. We do need to pick the battles we think we can win. Besides, even the NDP stated that the UK were providing abortions so why would Canada duplicate what already is available? Also, what countries are we referring to as not all allow for women to have abortions. Do we actually know whether we are refusing abortions? Maybe we're performing them but due to the country, (customs/laws) we don't advertise the fact that we do them? Na, I think there's more to it then what's being stated and I agree with taxslave - Conservative women are no differrent than Liberal Women - independent, intelligent and able to make up their own minds.

JMHO

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
How do you know she is being forced to tow the party line? Conservative women are capable of independent thought even though you and I might disagree with her.

Diane Ablonczy’s Pride and shame

The federal Conservative women MPs are afraid of the iron fist of the PMO coming down on them like it did on Diane Ablonczy one of the founding members of the Refooorrrm party. and the public humiliation that followed.

Calgary Conservative MP Diane Ablonczy joins 2015 exodus, won't run again Seems this is the only future for federal Conservative women MPs either shut up or leave.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Diane Ablonczy’s Pride and shame

The federal Conservative women MPs are afraid of the iron fist of the PMO coming down on them like it did on Diane Ablonczy one of the founding members of the Refooorrrm party. and the public humiliation that followed.

Calgary Conservative MP Diane Ablonczy joins 2015 exodus, won't run again Seems this is the only future for federal Conservative women MPs either shut up or leave.

SO someone that has held elected office for 20 years decides not to run again means that Harper hates women?

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
No actually in this case the Tories are pandering to the base a bit because its
an international issue and not high profile. What is really hypocritical is when
the PM decides to abstain from a Commonwealth country due to issues around
human rights. and all that surrounds it. They never stay home from China though
do we? Of course not. Money trumps human rights every time.

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
The Two Faced Federal Conservative Party Of Canada

Leitch defends lack of abortion funds for war rape, forced marriage

This is another example of how the Conservative party women MPs are forced to tow the party line when it makes no sense to do so.

What do you think?

I think it's more evidence of the kind of ideology over genuine humanity that has defined the Harper government. It's does things that play well to the committed far right base but make no sense in the real world.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
[/FONT]

I think it's more evidence of the kind of ideology over genuine humanity that has defined the Harper government. It's does things that play well to the committed far right base but make no sense in the real world.

[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

Harper's base isn't really that far right. There are some of course that are out there but they don't have anyone else. It is just that you are so very very far left that makes you think Harper is right wing. Even when he is right.

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
Harper's base isn't really that far right. There are some of course that are out there but they don't have anyone else. It is just that you are so very very far left that makes you think Harper is right wing. Even when he is right.

Facts don't have a political bias, when Stephen Harper starts facing the facts on things like climate change and the democratic deficit in this country then he'll deserve our respect. But as that's not at all likely to happen it's up to us citizens to at least try and hold him accountable.

I find very interesting and telling that some modern conservatives try and classify people who are concerned about actually having democratic representation as being on some leftist fringe. Being democratic minded doesn't make you a leftist.

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard
I think your views are sophomoric.[/FONT]

Lotta wisdom in second year university students , Walt...

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Facts don't have a political bias, when Stephen Harper starts facing the facts on things like climate change and the democratic deficit in this country then he'll deserve our respect. But as that's not at all likely to happen it's up to us citizens to at least try and hold him accountable.

I find very interesting and telling that some modern conservatives try and classify people who are concerned about actually having democratic representation as being on some leftist fringe. Being democratic minded doesn't make you a leftist.

Harper has faced the facts on climate change and like most of us has found what the truthers presented sadly lacking in reality and credibility.