Canadian/American Merger

What do you think of a possible Canadian/American merger

• Sure we're the same, I would embrace it.

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • We are very different I would never want us to merge.

Votes: 14 58.3%
  • Meh, I couldn't care less. Join or not do what the majority want.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It would never happen, so who cares.

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
We're differently similar yet similarly different. :D

Just different enough to make you pause, on occasion, and think "huh, that's weird" but not so different that you don't know what's going on. But I enjoy my nation and I'd like to keep it.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
We're differently similar yet similarly different. :D

Just different enough to make you pause, on occasion, and think "huh, that's weird" but not so different that you don't know what's going on. But I enjoy my nation and I'd like to keep it.

That pretty much sums it up. We seem to be a bit of a hybrid between the US and western Europe with most things. I have no interest in a merger regardless of any economic 'benefits' that may or may not come with it.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
The American Empire is on the verge of collapse. Why would we want to hitch our wagon to a sinking ship?

Sparrow

Council Member
Nov 12, 2006
Quebec
No way, I am not interested. They would like to have us for our natural resourses especially water.

tober

Time Out
Aug 6, 2013
No way, I am not interested. They would like to have us for our natural resourses especially water.

Many of the things that form big parts of who we are as Canadians, amongst other things our willingness to share with other through social programs, our general politeness, our peacefulness and our multi-culturalism, are things which America constantly and often violently speaks out against. I like what we are, and equally importantly I dislike and am unwilling to live with much of what America has become.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Many of the things that form big parts of who we are as Canadians, amongst other things our willingness to share with other through social programs, our general politeness, our peacefulness and our multi-culturalism, are things which America constantly and often violently speaks out against. I like what we are, and equally importantly I dislike and am unwilling to live with much of what America has become.

Canadians celebrating diversity...

Black dude attacked by 3 white racist's Courtenay BC CANADA - YouTube

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
We are each unique and there would be no reason for either of us to want to merge with the other. We can be friends without being one.

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
The American Empire is on the verge of collapse. Why would we want to hitch our wagon to a sinking ship?

Collapse of the American Empire is insufficient. The USA itself must collapse. Uncle Sam has become a creature of the American left. The only way to change that is eliminate their fulcrum.

Canada has nothing to trade other than its natural resources. It is what it is.

Do you lead a life of diversity or is diversity merely an abstract intellectual concept with you?

tober

Time Out
Aug 6, 2013
Collapse of the American Empire is insufficient. The USA itself must collapse. Uncle Sam has become a creature of the American left. The only way to change that is eliminate their fulcrum.

Because people with the power to vote have voted for medicare and a black man. And patriots like this seek power.

Canada has nothing to trade other than its natural resources. It is what it is.

One of the freest and most desirable places in the world to live and a tea partier reduces it to this irrelevancy. Of course what he says is absolutely untrue unless you compare our gross national production with that of the US then damn us by comparison. That 330,000,000 people can out produce 33,000,000 is a no-brainer. We produce lots other than as hewers of wood and haulers of water, but we also play to our strengths. Which is more than America does under its right wing. It has decimated its middle class.

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
Because people with the power to vote have voted for medicare and a black man. And patriots like this seek power.

One of the freest and most desirable places in the world to live and a tea partier reduces it to this irrelevancy. Of course what he says is absolutely untrue unless you compare our gross national production with that of the US then damn us by comparison. That 330,000,000 people can out produce 33,000,000 is a no-brainer. We produce lots other than as hewers of wood and haulers of water, but we also play to our strengths. Which is more than America does under its right wing. It has decimated its middle class.

Hola white man. I don't think I have anything to learn about diversity from a gweilo makahai. BTW, I'm not a patriot. I want to see Uncle Sam die. Isn't clarity wonderful?

I love Canada in many ways, but its 33 million people can't even stand up in comparison to one region of California, viz., Silicon Valley.
Your views on America are one dimensional. No subtlety, no nuance, just stereotypes and generalizations. Of course what could I expect from a gweilo makahai?

tober

Time Out
Aug 6, 2013
I love Canada in many ways, but its 33 million people can't even stand up in comparison to one region of California, viz., Silicon Valley.

Of course we can stand - and we do. We don't need the artificial support of bling, greenbacks and carrier battle groups to stand proud. It is sad that so many of y'all do.

Sons of Liberty

Walks on Water
Aug 24, 2010
Evil Empire
Of course we can stand - and we do. We don't need the artificial support of bling, greenbacks and carrier battle groups to stand proud. It is sad that so many of y'all do.

I think you need psychiatric help, you don't need to stand proud by demeaning another country with every second breath you take, real Canadians don't do that.

tober

Time Out
Aug 6, 2013
I think you need psychiatric help, you don't need to stand proud by demeaning another country with every second breath you take, real Canadians don't do that.

Real Canadians as defined by real Americans, you mean? I must be striking a chord somewhere because you and a few other Yanks and wannabes are so strident. My invitation continues: Go to one of my criticisms and show why it is untrue or my criticism is wrong? I don't just shout "Yankee Go Home", I offer concrete facts for discussion. All that you Yanks and your wannabes do is whine. You want to be the loudest most know-it-all people on earth but you can't take criticism. Please don't spill the whine.
WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW