No excuse! Time to throw out the Liberals in Ontario

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
There should be charges laid for this deliberate debacle, boondoggle, whatever you want to call it, just to gain votes in the last election.

If the people of Ontario vote these idiots in again, even in minority, they deserve exactly what they get.

The following is a news quote
WATCH: Auditor reveals Oakville cancellation could cost at least $675 million; both plants $1.1 billion

The province's Auditor General has estimates the Oakville gas plant cancellation in 2010 will cost tax- and rate-payers $675 million.
However, Bonnie Lysyk says that she came to that number after factoring in future savings of $437 million, which means the actual cost could be as high as $1.1 billion.
She tabled her 24-page report on the costs at Queen's Park Tuesday.
Lysyk underlines the $675 million cost will be stretched out over 20 years and could rise by another $140 million. That's due to a possible increase of delivery costs for gas to Napannee, where the plant would be relocated.
The total pricetag, factoring in future savings, of both the Mississauga and Oakville cancellations is also $1.1 billion.
Construction at the Oakville location never began.

The Ontario Power Authority (OPA) had estimated you the cost to be $310 million, while the province maintained that there are only $40 million in sunk costs.
Auditor General Bonnie Lysyk took over from Jim McCarter last month.

McCarter released a report on the Mississauga gas plant cancellation in the spring, revealing the cost to cancel and relocate that plant to be $275 million.

The cancellation of both plants have been admitted by the Liberals to be a political move, saving the seats of a handful of local Liberal MPPs including Finance Minister Charles Sousa and Kevin Flynn.

Lysyk details some of the reason why costs are so high in the report:

- The Premier's office told developer Trans Canada Energy (TCE) that it would be compensated for the full financial value if its contract when the decision was made. The auditor says the province could have relied on protections instead, which would have minimized damages/cost.

- The minister of energy told TCE to relocate the plant to Napanee, even though it would cost more to bring natural gas out there.
The total pricetag, factoring in future savings, of both the Mississauga and Oakville cancellations is $1.1 billion.
Premier Kathleen Wynne released the following statement: "In 2010 and 2011, the government listened to the advice of experts and began to build gas fired power plants on locations in Oakville and Mississauga over the objections of local residents.

Over time, it became evident that the concerns of the residents in those communities were legitimate.
The government listened to those concerns and cancelled those power plants for relocation elsewhere - all parties agreed with those decisions.

Estimates vary, including today's estimate from the Auditor General, of what this will cost over the next 20 years, but all of them are unacceptably large.

Money is too tight for tax dollars to be spent in any way that is not productive.
As a member of the cabinet under which this happened, I take full responsibility and offer a full apology.
As a new Premier leading a new government, I pledge to you that this will not happen under my watch.
My new government has the energy and idealism that is the enemy of these kinds of errors.

Read more

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
#thievinglyingbastards Kathleen Wynne's Liberals

Stole 1 Billion Dollars From Ontario Tax Payers - Again

"Someone needs to be held accountable and responsible for that, someone's head needs to roll -- and someone needs to be fired and I would suggest it be Kathleen Wynne that's fired," MacLeod said Tuesday, following the release of the auditor general's report into the costs of cancelling a gas plant in Oakville.

Blazing Cat Fur: #thievinglyingbastards Kathleen Wynne's Liberals Stole 1 Billion Dollars From Ontario Tax Payers - Again

Sun News : Ontario PCs demand election in wake of AG report on cancelled gas plants

Somebody needs to stop this guy.

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
In case anyone was wondering.

If you took

and multiplied it by 1 Million. That would be how much money the McGuinty Government used to win a few Liberal seats in the Oakville area. Oh yeah, once done that, add another million.

And Liberals in Ontario want to talk about tanning beds.

McGuinty calls hearings into cancelled gas plants a partisan attack

TORONTO – An unapologetic Dalton McGuinty lashed out Tuesday at the justice committee looking into cancelled gas plants saying it was just a partisan effort by the opposition parties to topple the minority Liberal government.
“This is not about pursuing the truth, it’s about defeating the government,” the former Ontario premier said during his second appearance at the public hearings into cancelled gas plants in Oakville and Mississauga.

“I have no idea how long this committee will sit for, but something tells me it will sit until the next election because it serves your short-term political purposes.”
The opposition parties say Liberal staff wiped out emails to try to cover up the cost of cancelling the two energy projects, which is at least $585 million, far more than the $230 million the Liberals originally claimed.
McGuinty also predicted a police investigation prompted by Progressive Conservative complaints about the mass deletion of emails by senior Liberal staff would go nowhere.
“The ultimate result and outcome of this investigation, I’m very confident what it’s going to be: no grounds for laying any changes of any kind,” he said.
“You and I understand that this is a political tactic, but many Ontarians don’t understand that.”
The Tories said McGuinty was out of line to say the opposition-dominated justice committee hearings were being used as a partisan tool to attack the minority Liberal government.
“That’s awful,” said PC energy critic Vic Fedeli.
“When we say something he alleges it’s partisan, and when he throws a PC indiscretion from the past, then it’s okay, so I didn’t buy any of that.”
Watch: Former Ontario Premier Dalton McGuinty held a press conference after testifying to gas plants committee.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
In case anyone was wondering.

If you took

and multiplied it by 1 Million. That would be how much money the McGuinty Government used to win a few Liberal seats in the Oakville area. Oh yeah, once done that, add another million.

And Liberals in Ontario want to talk about tanning beds.

See this is the reason why I drink. Well, it's one of them anyway.

And it's not as if they 'other guys' are really any better either...it's just that they look good in comparison. Sigh.

You know, politics would be okay if it wasn't for all the damned politicians.

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
I find it funny how those on the left pile on regarding the senate, but this sort of horesh!t gets a pass.

Wheres the Cobalt Kid?

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Gets me pissed off enough to want to drive a transport on the ice.

Winning the seats didn't do them a whole lot of good. They lost 3 in recent bye-elections.

The Cons would have shut down and moved half of Ontario and most of Manitoba to win one seat.

just sayin.

RCS.............lets go North.

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta

Winning the seats didn't do them a whole lot of good. They lost 3 in recent bye-elections.

The Cons would have shut down and moved half of Ontario and most of Manitoba to win one seat.

just sayin.

And that includes the Cons over that Goddanged 407.

Thanks Nug. It is total crap. It's criminal. They should march McGuinty and Duffy and any other A-Hole who willfully spend money like this right into a jail cell.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I find it funny how those on the left pile on regarding the senate, but this sort of horesh!t gets a pass.

It's all the same horsesh!t, it's just that the manure pile is located in a different city.

Wheres the Cobalt Kid?
Doodling picutres of Harper in a Gestapo outfit?

just sayin.

I'm so beyond fed up with politicians, I don't believe a single, solitary word that comes out of any of their mouths. It's easy to get pissed at the Liberals, it's actually rather difficult not to be pissed off but what I find difficult is wrapping my mind around the thought that anyone else is really going to be any better.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
It's all the same horsesh!t, it's just that the manure pile is located in a different city.

Doodling picutres of Harper in a Gestapo outfit?

I'm so beyond fed up with politicians, I don't believe a single, solitary word that comes out of any of their mouths. It's easy to get pissed at the Liberals, it's actually rather difficult not to be pissed off but what I find difficult is wrapping my mind around the thought that anyone else is really going to be any better.

Take a look at Hoodat. There's Harris, except dumber.
I think we've had sex, SLM.....................Not you and I................just in general..............and no kisses.
Didn't I put that nicely ??:lol:

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Take a look at Hoodat. There's Harris, except dumber.

Here's my point, simply, it's not that he's any better. He just has not pissed me off yet. And I can't find it in myself to to look at it any other way than that.

I think we've had sex, SLM.....................Not you and I................just in general..............and no kisses.
Didn't I put that nicely ??:lol:
They never call the next day like they said they would either.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
New sh!t, different day instead of same sh!t, different day?

Maybe we should get some standards. Just a thought.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
OK, 35, 45, 50............one dollar. thank you . move along please.

How about *****vat ??? W h o r e vat..........nice try censor.

I actually like Horevat, but after Bob's antics I'm apprehensive about giving the NDP the keys again. We have to get our house in order and start looking for ways to get people back to work.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I'll bet that the mayor of Talkeetna Alaska could be convinced to take over running Ontario.. After all, Stubbs was attacked in Talkeetna and would rather move somewhere safer.

Meet your new Premier - has done a bang-up job in Alaska

Honorary feline mayor of Alaska town leaves animal hospital following dog attack, returns home | CTV News

Now that's change I can believe in.

Plus catnip if fairly inexpensive so even the bribes will be saving us some money.