Buddy of Rob Ford facing drug charges

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford's friend faces drug charges

Alessandro (Sandro) Lisi, Toronto Mayor Rob Ford’s friend and occasional driver, has been charged with possession and trafficking of marijuana, police confirmed this morning.

Police have also charged Lisi, 35, with conspiracy to commit an indictable offence and possession of the proceeds of crime. He was released on Wednesday on $5,000 bail.

Another man, Jamshid Bahrami, 47, was arrested and charged with possession of cocaine, three counts of trafficking marijuana and conspiracy to commit an indictable offence.

The men appeared Wednesday at Old City Hall courthouse.

Confirmation of the charges came the morning after police searched a dry-cleaning business in west Toronto and the Lisi family's home.

CBC News has also learned that Lisi had been under surveillance for several months before his arrest, with police picking up conversations and encounters with several people — including the mayor.

Mayor Ford spoke to reporters just after 1 p.m. on Wednesday, and said he was "surprised" about the charges against Lisi, whom he described as a friend.

"He’s a good guy," said Ford. "And I don’t throw my friends under the bus. Like I said he’s straight and narrow, never once seen the guy drink, never seen him once do drugs.”

Toronto Mayor Rob Ford's friend faces drug charges - Toronto - CBC News

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Like Rob Ford i know several people that have been charged with trafficking. What's the big deal other than pot should be legal?

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
For my own part, if Ford was a smart enough guy to do the right thing in office, then I wouldn't care so much about his personal life. But I doubt he can prevent a significant IQ drop after downing a shot of water so there is much concern here.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
For my own part, if Ford was a smart enough guy to do the right thing in office, then I wouldn't care so much about his personal life.

I don't follow muni politics that closely even here in Cowtown; but Ford's escapades are of epic proportions.

... Really gotta wonder how the guy got reelected?

But I doubt he can prevent a significant IQ drop after downing a shot of water so there is much concern here.

maybe he should switch from shots of water to shots of whiskey... An impaired Ford might make better decisions.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
maybe he should switch from shots of water to shots of whiskey... An impaired Ford might make better decisions.

It's worth a shot (sorry).

My recommendation:

That should spice him up with a touch of sophistication and class.

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle
For my own part, if Ford was a smart enough guy to do the right thing in office, then I wouldn't care so much about his personal life. But I doubt he can prevent a significant IQ drop after downing a shot of water so there is much concern here.

How is he doing with the city finances compared to the liberals and the province? He has apparently saved the city more money than all the previous goons so why complain?

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
How is he doing with the city finances compared to the liberals and the province? He has apparently saved the city more money than all the previous goons so why complain?
Exactly. He's doing the job he was elected to do. If only all pols would do the same.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
Last edited: