Who is Harper really working for.

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
Harper seems to be drawing some bizarre line in the sand regarding the Keystone XL pipeline and the US. What's he planning to do, invade if they decide that the project and the oil sands that would supply the crude aren't environmentally sustainable as many experts have stated.

Harper won't take no for an answer on Keystone XL - Politics - CBC News

With the fate of the proposed Keystone XL pipeline still in the hands of U.S. President Barack Obama five years on, Prime Minister Stephen Harper told a crowd of business leaders gathered in New York that he will not take no for an answer.

Harper, who participated in a question and answer session with the Canadian American Business Council on the second day of his visit to New York Thursday afternoon, said in no uncertain terms "my view is you don't take no for an answer."

"We haven't had that but if we were to get that, that won't be final. This won't be final until it's approved and we will keep pushing forward," Harper said in his strongest statement on the proposed cross-border pipeline to date.

Harper seems almost oblivious to the serious issues around political accountability and transparency in government, he's gone to great lengths to distance himself from the scandal within his own office regarding the Senate expenses and attempted cover-up. And yet when it comes to an issue that many scientists claim presents a very real danger to all of us Harper is on the wrong side and not only that he's made it clear that he isn't open to any sort of real discussion.

Instead he's portraying anyone who doesn't agree with him as being deluded.

Asked by the moderator why Obama was still sitting on the decision, Harper said "it's just politics."

His candour appeared to surprise the business leaders who could be heard laughing in the crowd, albeit briefly.

Harper went on to say that "bad politics make bad policy."

"I believe that in strong, advanced countries and economies like ours bad policies ultimately get reversed," Harper said, adding that there is no "plan B."

Liberal Natural Resources critic Geoff Regan was also critical of Harper's comments, describing them as "bizarre."

"Conservative mismanagement of the Keystone XL pipeline is costing Canadians’ jobs and damaging our relationship with our most important trading partner," Regan said.

If the only real politics that interest Harper are oil politics, is it any wonder this country is becoming covered in grime.

Maybe he realizes that his only real strong card is being taken off the table and he'll soon go with it.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
1 Trillion dollars in tax revenues over 30 years.
All he said was it was in both countries interests and politics was being played at a high level in the US Green movement.
The oil will move either by pipeline or rail tanker.
Pick which one is safer?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Harper certainly does not work for the people of Canada and the trillion in tax revenue will be eaten up in interest to the bankers or used to bail them out. The Kid may be a party hack, but he made some valid points. The pipelines have nothing to do with people or jobs. It has everything to do with the greed of the ruling class. They couldn't care less if you all starve to death; more money for them.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Harper certainly does not work for the people of Canada and the trillion in tax revenue will be eaten up in interest to the bankers or used to bail them out. The Kid may be a party hack, but he made some valid points. The pipelines have nothing to do with people or jobs. It has everything to do with the greed of the ruling class. They couldn't care less if you all starve to death; more money for them.

Wrong- His agenda is jobs, jobs, jobs for one thing. And I agree.

Clarke in BC will sign off on a pipeline as the Feds who reap the lions share of taxes will cut a nice deal that BC will take.

BC is in debt and running huge deficits. Read the numbers.

Clarke can throw up some roadblocks and delay a pipeline, but only for so long.

Sask will have enormous oil coming online in the next 10 years and they want to export it.
Oil will move, Clarke cannot stop rail transport.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

Clarke in BC will sign off on a pipeline as the Feds who reap the lions share of taxes will cut a nice deal that BC will take.

Sask will have enormous oil coming online in the next 10 years and they want to export it.
Harper's agenda is to do his masters bidding. You delude yourself. Jobs are just wage slavery. Most of the money ends up in the pockets of the rich and the gap between wage slaves and the ruling class gets wider with every stroke of the pen.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister

Greed of the ruling class?

How much do you kick-in to cover your medical costs, roads, social services.

Fact is Cliffy, the majority of the debt that is out there is to grease the wheels of people like you

I don't think that Clark will be getting any special deals now that East Energy is in play.

Her gamble at this point is on if she wants to let the opportunities go to other places.

Harper's agenda is to do his masters bidding. You delude yourself. Jobs are just wage slavery. Most of the money ends up in the pockets of the rich and the gap between wage slaves and the ruling class gets wider with every stroke of the pen.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

Why the f*ck should he back down? He's doing it for your benefit, not his.

Justin Trudeau is 100% behind it too and wants to ramp up oil sands development on the SK side which is huge too.

Greens and Elizabeth Maybe are for oil, they even use BP's logo for their own to prove it.

That leaves the NDPQ. Does Quebec have any oil? Nope but they have refineries and are hopped up on expansions built with Union Labour.

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard
Greed of the ruling class?

How much do you kick-in to cover your medical costs, roads, social services.

Fact is Cliffy, the majority of the debt that is out there is to grease the wheels of people like you

I don't think that Clark will be getting any special deals now that East Energy is in play.

Her gamble at this point is on if she wants to let the opportunities go to other places.

BACK on topic , CM- how is your study of the collapse of the LAAS high tech industries in Calgary coming, or are you still dusting me off?

Mr Harper's record has been at best inconsistent. You might want to contact Lockheed Martin and Honeywell Aerospace for their view on why the winning contract Canadian firms were suddenly banned as contract providers.

Nah, you'll just blow it off with more 'snark'.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
BACK on topic , CM- how is your study of the collapse of the LAAS high tech industries in Calgary coming, or are you still dusting me off?

I have carefully studied the situation and have come to the definitive conclusion that Omar Khadr is the sole source of the LAAS high tech failure.

PS - You want to talk about this (with someone that might care) - start a thread on it

Mr Harper's record has been at best inconsistent. You might want to contact Lockheed Martin and Honeywell Aerospace for their view on why the winning contract Canadian firms were suddenly banned as contract providers.

It really bothers you that Canada is doing so well in the face of the global recession and Harper has been at the wheel that entire time, doesn't it?

Nah, you'll just blow it off with more 'snark'.

'Snark' is more than your issue deserves

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard
I have carefully studied the situation and have come to the definitive conclusion that Omar Khadr is the sole source of the LAAS high tech failure.

PS - You want to talk about this (with someone that might care) - start a thread on it

It really bothers you that Canada is doing so well in the face of the global recession and Harper has been at the wheel that entire time, doesn't it?

'Snark' is more than your issue deserves

CM, unfortunately what we get form you is the Tory party line 'snark'. 'Harper is perfect' as a religion. :lol:. Unfortunately, and the cause of 'the perfection party trailing in the national polls', is that Oil Sands are a 'one trick pony' that he lucked into.

You should give up polytheism.

Harper seems to be drawing some bizarre line in the sand regarding the Keystone XL pipeline and the US. What's he planning to do, invade if they decide that the project and the oil sands that would supply the crude aren't environmentally sustainable as many experts have stated.

Harper seems almost oblivious to the serious issues around political accountability and transparency in government, he's gone to great lengths to distance himself from the scandal within his own office regarding the Senate expenses and attempted cover-up. And yet when it comes to an issue that many scientists claim presents a very real danger to all of us Harper is on the wrong side and not only that he's made it clear that he isn't open to any sort of real discussion.

Instead he's portraying anyone who doesn't agree with him as being deluded.

If the only real politics that interest Harper are oil politics, is it any wonder this country is becoming covered in grime.

Maybe he realizes that his only real strong card is being taken off the table and he'll soon go with it.

Its not in America's current national interest to reduce the price discount of Alberta Heavy crude at the Henry Hub. by building the XL. at this time. They have more leverage in Venezuela's tottering economy by propping it up at the Gulf Coast.

HIs 'strong Canadian stance' is a day late and a dollar short. Its why we were stampeding into the overpriced f35 contract instead of the 'Half the price, twice the benefits package' F18F.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
CM, unfortunately what we get form you is the Tory party line 'snark'. 'Harper is perfect' as a religion. . unfortunately, and the cause of 'the perfection party trailing in the national polls', is that Oil Sands are a 'one trick pony' that he lucked into.

Reading comprehension just isn't your strong suit, is it?

PS - The libs were in power for an even longer time over the existence of the oilsands.... Too bad they didn't have the brains to leverage it to their advantage like Harper has.

PPS - I can tell it really bothers you that Harper is doing so well in the global-economic thingy
.:lol:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
You have no idea how things work or the number of jobs created do you?

Name a few post pipeline completion jobs.

Shouldn't you be preaching about how the NWO is taking over by scaring the public about global warming?
The Aluminatti is fighting back. Just ask Locutus. He posts a couple conspiracy theories come conspiracy fact everyday but he thinks it's Obama and not the New World Odour.

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard
Reading comprehension just isn't your strong suit, is it?

PS - The libs were in power for an even longer time over the existence of the oilsands.... Too bad they didn't have the brains to leverage it to their advantage like Harper has.

PPS - I can tell it really bothers you that Harper is doing so well in the global-economic thingy.:lol:

Actually, CM,I belonged to the Reform Party before it was boarded by pirates. In the global side, being 'open for business' by allowing firms like Huawei free access after they shucked Nortel by internal sabotage is like restocking the who-err ranch in Nevada by Virgin slave girl kidnapping. The clients just bring the pox back...:lol:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

Zipperfish

House Member
Apr 12, 2013
Vancouver
1 Trillion dollars in tax revenues over 30 years.
All he said was it was in both countries interests and politics was being played at a high level in the US Green movement.
The oil will move either by pipeline or rail tanker.
Pick which one is safer?

Rail has more accidents but spills less overall. Rail also coists a lot more energy to ship per barrel.

But really, you think an ultimatum to the US will help? "You are going to take our oil one way or another?" I personally don't think so.

Youa re right, it's jobs, jobs,. jobs for Stepehen Harper. He's assiduously courted his image as environmental laggard, and now he has to wear that image. But people do care about the envirnoment. It's not all about money.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Rail has more accidents but spills less overall. Rail also coists a lot more energy to ship per barrel.

But really, you think an ultimatum to the US will help? "You are going to take our oil one way or another?" I personally don't think so.

Youa re right, it's jobs, jobs,. jobs for Stepehen Harper. He's assiduously courted his image as environmental laggard, and now he has to wear that image. But people do care about the envirnoment. It's not all about money.
Is that like being a little bit pregnant? Add up all the derailments and you get a full on spill.

It's they type of oil Zipperfish. Some oil has petrochemical value that is through the roof, others are good for just fuel.