‘Middle class’ Justin Trudeau offers apology (of sorts) to used-car salespeople

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Justin Trudeau’s attempts to appeal to the middle class have come under fire again after he was forced to apologize for making disparaging remarks about Canada’s used car salesmen.

During a scrum with CTV news this week, the Liberal leader said: “I think we are now ranked below used car salesmen,” in an attack on the reputation of Hill politicians.

The seemingly innocuous comment caught the eye of Warren Barnard, the Executive Director of the Used Car Dealers Association of Ontario, who took exception to the remarks, both in calling used vehicles sales people unethical, but also for implying that they were all men.

shiny and pony-like

‘Middle class’ Justin Trudeau offers apology (of sorts) to used-car salespeople, but not to Ezra Levant | National Post

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
The seemingly innocuous comment caught the eye of Warren Barnard, the Executive Director of the Used Car Dealers Association of Ontario, who took exception to the remarks, both in calling used vehicles sales people unethical, but also for implying that they were all men.

Gah! What a thin skinned PC feminist boot licker.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Hey, I think I have some righteous indignation lying around here somewhere. Where did I put it? Oh, I was sitting on it while I watched Honey Boo Boo. It's a little dull right now, but, I'm going to watch this clip of Trudeau a few more times and stroke my righteous indignation the whole while. By the time I'm done, I should have it shining bright and new and ready to show the world!! Better find your shades people. Better find your shades.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Purveyors of used automobiles complaining about unethical treatment, that's one of the signs of the apocalypse right? Somewhere in between blood on the moon and fire from the sky?

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I'm not sure what the big deal was over Justin Trudeau's comment..??

I mean the general public expectation is that car salesmen will lie to you, just to sell you a lemon. So what's the big deal.

He hurt their feeling Boomer.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Hey, I think I have some righteous indignation lying around here somewhere. Where did I put it? Oh, I was sitting on it while I watched Honey Boo Boo. It's a little dull right now, but, I'm going to watch this clip of Trudeau a few more times and stroke my righteous indignation the whole while. By the time I'm done, I should have it shining bright and new and ready to show the world!! Better find your shades people. Better find your shades.

As long as you don't stroke it in public 8O

got a good car i'd like to put you in. ;-)