Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
Actually anyone whose been minted as an Economics Phd in last 40 years from ANY accredited university has been completely indoctrinated into the Global Free Market paradigm, which completely owns the curriculums and ideologies which must be adhered to in order to be inducted into the priesthood of economic professors and advisors.

They will have NO answers as to how to address the catastrophic world wide financial collapse that is upon us.

Freeland will have to go up against Linda McQuaig, a much more prominent author of the deceptions and failures of Free Trade and Free Market economics... who will run for the NDP in Toronto Centre.

There are academics and intellectuals who have the wherewithal to develop a comprehensive economic agenda.. including Trade, Fiscal, Tax and Monetary policy intended to rebuild Canadian economic prosperity and equity.. but Freeland isn't one of them. And the fact that Justin sees no need for them.. seems to show just how far out of his depth he is as a prospective Prime Minister.

It's not the Russian Lit degree that bothers me... it's the lack of a comprehensively developed economic program.. which seems quite beyond her.

Last edited:

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard
Actually anyone whose been minted as an Economics Phd in last 40 years from ANY accredited university has been completely indoctrinated into the Global Free Market paradigm, which completely owns the curriculums and ideologies which must be adhered to in order to be inducted into the priesthood of economic professors and advisors.

They will have NO answers as to how to address the catastrophic world wide financial collapse that is upon us.

Freeland will have to go up against Linda McQuaig, a much more prominent author of deceptions and failure of Free Trade and Free Market economics... who will run for the NDP in Toronto Centre.

There are academics and intellectuals who have the wherewithal to develop a comprehensive economic agenda.. including Trade, Fiscal, Tax and Monetary policy intended to rebuild Canadian economic prosperity and equity.. but Freeland isn't one of them. And the fact that Justin sees no need for them.. seems to show just how far out of his depth he as a prospective Prime Minister.

It's not the Russian Lit degree that bothers me... it's the lack of a comprehensively developed economic program.. which seems quite beyond her.

While that may be true, he has at least eighteen months to put together a working alternative.
Just how great is the 'Harper Economic miracle?" any foreign entity can bankrupt uis , raid our corperate intellectual resources,, break trade agreements with Canada - with Impunity.
Where is Nortel? Huawei hacked their systems on behalf of the PRC> Where are our High Tech industries of the future?'

I'm tired of the hypocrisy. And I suspect a kleptocracy

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007

Freeland will have to go up against Linda McQuaig, a much more prominent author of the deceptions and failures of Free Trade and Free Market economics... who will run for the NDP in Toronto Centre.

There are academics and intellectuals who have the wherewithal to develop a comprehensive economic agenda.. including Trade, Fiscal, Tax and Monetary policy intended to rebuild Canadian economic prosperity and equity.. but Freeland isn't one of them. And the fact that Justin sees no need for them.. seems to show just how far out of his depth he is as a prospective Prime Minister.

I see no indication that the conservatives have any real vision, Harper seems almost totally focused on his one trick pony(oil sands) and if(probably when) that collapses then what happens here. Even if the oil sands go ahead somehow, China is now in the drivers seat and is already working with CN to ship crude oil by rail across BC, we just saw how dangerous that is in Quebec and CN has a far from shining safety record.

At the very least Trudeau would be starting fresh, and looking at how corrupt and incompetent far too many economic "experts" have become recently across North America, I think a fresh approach is called for.

I'm tired of the hypocrisy. And I suspect a kleptocracy

I agree, it's become very difficult to separate standard business practices from outright theft in recent times.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
How does anyone start fresh in a stale old system? Even one in full fresh bloom would soon wilt through the sieve to become rotten the only way to the top for western politicians. They have one choice to offer and that is the globalist nightmare. We elect smiles and haircuts.

relic

Council Member
Nov 29, 2009
Nova Scotia
But it's ok for the NB govt to use an admitted liar and fraud as their expert,Christ,you knobs make me sick !

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard
No worries. When he's PM, his old man's buddy Maurice will set him up with the best advisors money can buy.

They both died, Petros!:smile:

the RATE OF BUSINESS FAILURES has accelerated under the Harper regime to the point that private capital investment is scared off from Canada

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
They both died, Petros!:smile:

the RATE OF BUSINESS FAILURES has accelerated under the Harper regime to the point that private capital investment is scared off from Canada

Businesses that can't make it on their own should fail, not be propped up by the government.

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard
Businesses that can't make it on their own should fail, not be propped up by the government.

The PRC has built a successful business model base onn 'No one screws with China and gets a second chance' and " We raid the world for intellectual property, then use it".
I rather agree with the first half of the approach.
:lol:
so, why is Canada 's 'business party' buying f35's from the people destroyed the domestic LAAS program? Tory masochistic angst?

tell us, insider...

Zipperfish

House Member
Apr 12, 2013
Vancouver
Journalists are WAY overrepresented in federal politics these days. Although I don't recall Ezra complaining when journalist PEter Kent was made Minister of Environment. Or when journalists Mike Duffy and Pamela Wallin were appointed to the Senate. Jouranlists have one saleable commodity: they can read whatever is put in front of them with gravitas and sincerity. Also the primary requirement for politicians.

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard
I suppose that a global recession has nothing to do with that

let me know when you get through the links I posted on the LAAS 'meltdown'. When you are finished, Deepak Obhrai has an inch thick file on the LAAS concern in hIs Calgary office, or had. When I was still PC I left it with his staff- the Great Man was 'busy'