Anti-government sovereign citizen movement claims 30,000 members.....................

ShintoMale

Electoral Member
May 12, 2008
Toronto, Canada
VANCOUVER—He introduces himself as "Brian Arthur of the Alexander family," and before he'll answer any questions, he asks a reporter to declare that she is not a government employee.

He drives without a license and does not pay income tax.

Brian Alexander is a self-proclaimed Freeman-on-the-Land and one of a growing number of Canadian followers of the so-called "sovereign citizen" or "Natural Persons" movement.

Adherents have "freed" themselves from what they see as an overbearing government that has overstepped its bounds.

"People can't afford to live and they're basically destroying society, in our view," Alexander says during a lengthy interview at his home in Kamloops, B.C.

Anti-government sovereign citizen movement claims 30,000 members and growing in Canada | Toronto Star

the Americanization of Canada continues....

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
They should be introduced to a man named CRS better known as
Canadian Revenue Service Its time they pay up

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
okay, I may be an unwitting member.

I don't use my turn signals if there's no one in sight to signal to.

just yer regular rebel

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
They should be introduced to a man named CRS better known as
Canadian Revenue Service Its time they pay up
I think they think they are conscientious objectors, like you could get out of active military duty if it was against your religion. They object to the use of their tax dollars going toward a police state or deploying troupes to foreign countries, etc. I know a few and for the most part, I agree with them. But it takes years of studying law to get to the point where you can drop out of the system. I can't be bothered. I have my own system for staying outside the confines of the law.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Anti government movements eventually form governments. Only incumbents need fear citizen movements. Who cares if the present pretenders to power are alarmed at rural revolutionaries? PM me when they become a big problem.

jariax

Electoral Member
Jun 13, 2006
Not paying taxes is a pretty convenient form of moral protest.
I hope they're not planning on using our roads, hospitals or schools.
For that matter, they shouldn't even be using our currency or postal service.

However, if they live the life of a hermit out in the woods, foraging for berries, and use the barter system, I could agree with their moral protest.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Not paying taxes is a pretty convenient form of moral protest.
I hope they're not planning on using our roads, hospitals or schools.
For that matter, they shouldn't even be using our currency or postal service.

However, if they live the life of a hermit out in the woods, foraging for berries, and use the barter system, I could agree with their moral protest.

These people are rank amateurs when it comes to not paying taxes. Every time they buy a tire or a car or gas to drive on your goddamn roads they pay taxes why should they be required to help bankers get richer just because you think it's the right thing to do? Eh while they're using our currency and postal services they are lubricating the Canadian economy unlike your friends the morally bankrupt internationalist 1% scumbag CO2 maggots.