Suzuki slams Canada's immigration policy

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
In a story first published on July 1st by Parisian paper "L'Express," environmental icon David Suzuki took aim at the government.

He accused the Harper Conservatives sacrificing environmental protection for the sake of saving money, and says that global warming is Canada's biggest threat.

Suzuki also took an opportunity to slam Canada's immigration system and laws, saying that a ballooning demographic and increasing immigration are causing an unsustainable strain on the demand for the country's natural resources.

more about this loser here:

Sun News : Suzuki slams Canada's immigration policy

Blazing Cat Fur: Jason Kenney Slams Suzuki's Bigotry & Shoddy Science

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
It must be hard when your blind hatred of immigrants conflicts with your blind hatred of environmentalists. I'm glad you resolved it though.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
The greatest single threat to our environment is peoples carelessness. Now I am not
a rabid environmentalist and I don't drive my car to demonstrations or that sort of thing,
but I do believe we have to be careful about what we are doing. As a farmer I do use
chemicals but I don't overuse them and I don't waste them. I don't waste water and if
a product used by organic growers works I will use it.
Governments actually have to govern. At present they sell mineral and oil rights and they
don't follow up to ensure the regulations are being lived up to most of it is lip service.
I am not opposed to regulations nor am I against mineral and oil extraction I do believe
there is a right and a wrong way to do things however.
As for Immigration policy, I have a lot of criticism of the system but not for environmental
issues. I think we have to be more selective and more restrictive in our policy in general/
As for David himself he is not part of an environmental movement he is the master of
environmental religion, all must be sacrificed at the altar of life to ensure that even our
front yard is kept in an environmentally pristine state. Environmental religion is more about
raising money than anything else. If you are not part of the movement you are a heretic.
The only reason they couldn't burn you at the stake is because burning is an environmental
no no.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
The greatest single threat to our environment is peoples carelessness. Now I am not
a rabid environmentalist and I don't drive my car to demonstrations or that sort of thing,
but I do believe we have to be careful about what we are doing. As a farmer I do use
chemicals but I don't overuse them and I don't waste them. I don't waste water and if
a product used by organic growers works I will use it.
Governments actually have to govern. At present they sell mineral and oil rights and they
don't follow up to ensure the regulations are being lived up to most of it is lip service.
I am not opposed to regulations nor am I against mineral and oil extraction I do believe
there is a right and a wrong way to do things however.
As for Immigration policy, I have a lot of criticism of the system but not for environmental
issues. I think we have to be more selective and more restrictive in our policy in general/
As for David himself he is not part of an environmental movement he is the master of
environmental religion, all must be sacrificed at the altar of life to ensure that even our
front yard is kept in an environmentally pristine state. Environmental religion is more about
raising money than anything else. If you are not part of the movement you are a heretic.
The only reason they couldn't burn you at the stake is because burning is an environmental
no no.
But you will vote along side of him even so.

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard
It must be hard when your blind hatred of immigrants conflicts with your blind hatred of environmentalists. I'm glad you resolved it though.

by making it a business?

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
The greatest single threat to our environment is peoples carelessness.

... How about the folks like yourself dumping tons of chemicals into the Earth (aka. Mother Gaia) to grow crops for profit?

Lemme guess, somehow that's different, right?

Now I am not a rabid environmentalist and I don't drive my car to demonstrations or that sort of thing,

Thanks for the chuckle

The Workd is over populated, we need to get rid if about 4 billion - send them on an interstellar voyage to other plantes.

Can we start with Suzuki?.... I'll kick in a pail of cash to assist in the voyage.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
He's finally showing his true colours = faschist (R&B) - ya think?? Oh yeah, the Progressives are just so.....well progressive lol. Plllleaaase!! If the media lets him get away with this, then there's no hope for us!

JMHO

Omicron

Privy Council
Jul 28, 2010
Vancouver
Too bad we couldn't deport Susuki. He claims the wirld is overpopulated but won't do his part to fix the problem.

What could he do, other than what he tries to do, which is educate people.

Starting with the ones that want to save the planet. I view all those people as potential customers.

Okay, you know... that's really kind'a creepy.

A nasty ACLU lawyer could take you before a Baptist-American southern Judge and construct the argument that you want save-the-earthers off the planet because you're in favour of faster destruction of the environment in order to facilitate laying the groundwork for more rapid entrance of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

And with that, the southern-Baptist Judge gets converted to environmentalism.

Is that really what you want?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Okay, you know... that's really kind'a creepy.

A nasty ACLU lawyer could take you before a Baptist-American southern Judge and construct the argument that you want save-the-earthers off the planet because you're in favour of faster destruction of the environment in order to facilitate laying the groundwork for more rapid entrance of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

And with that, the southern-Baptist Judge gets converted to environmentalism.

Is that really what you want?

Does anyone else want to say anything dumb?

Omicron

Privy Council
Jul 28, 2010
Vancouver
Does anyone else want to say anything dumb?

What's so dumb about it? Have you ever actually dealt with southern-Baptist types?

They're not necessarily as extreme as the Pentacostalists, but in fact I did, as a socio-psychological experiment, one day present an argument like that to some Baptist folks from Alabama, and it only took about 30 minutes to get them thinking that maybe the anti-environmentalists were just pawns of Satan, who was pushing for Armagedon to happen sooner rather than later, in order to minimize the number of souls that would make it to heavan.

Anyway, the crux of Suzuki's argument is that although Canada's population is relatively small in terms of absolute numbers compared to places like Mexico and India, the ecological "footprint" of Canadians is the highest in the world, and although Canada is large, not much of it is actually inhabitable.

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
Poor Mexican and Central American immigrants without education or skills can only improve their lives through good paying jobs that come from resource development. This is something environmentalists didn't think about. Poor immigrants will change the environmental ethos in the United States.

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
At the core of radical environmentalism is the concept of humans as a predatory and malevolent pestalence on the natural order of things. For someone like Suzuki... who conceives of a utopian world of perhaps 5% of the world's current population.. living in environmenally neutral, industrially inert villages.. on vegetarian diets harvested from untrammelled wilderness (as certainly such world would be incapable of supporting any more people).. and all of course carefully indoctrinated with true submission to the Earth Goddess.. it's not surprising he find just about anything that supported the people or an industrial economy repugnant.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
ALRIGHT NO HERE HAS A RIGHT TO LIVE [except Suzuki and a handful of of environmentalists] BECAUSE YOU FOLKS ARE SCREWING UP THE PLANET.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Too bad we couldn't deport Susuki. He claims the wirld is overpopulated but won't do his part to fix the problem.
lol Deport him to where? Vancouver? That's where he was born. Deport him from where? He lives near Vancouver. lol

I guess he forgets his grandparents were immigrants :roll:
North America was developed by immigrants. Before them Asians and South Americans immigrated to North Am. :rolleyes: