Amazing how the left wing ignores their own lack of class whilst flogging Rob Ford...

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle
for unproven allegations. I liked this article, if Ford actually turned out to be guilty, fine, hang him. Otherwise grow up children.

Toronto Mayor Rob Ford should not resign. Nobody has proved that he’s done anything wrong.
Make no mistake about it — the protests in front of Toronto’s City Hall, the calls for his resignation, the constant invasion of his privacy by media types lurking outside his home, or hanging around his cottage, are not really about some ephemeral, possibly doctored video which allegedly shows Ford smoking crack cocaine. All the rackety protests and all the resignation calls and all the hounding by the media are about one thing — a hatred for Ford’s right-wing politics and an inability to accept that their fellow Torontonians voted him into office.
These people are unclear on a basic concept of democracy, which most individuals understand when they go to the polls: Somebody else’s favoured candidate might win over theirs. In fact, Ford won 47 per cent of the vote, slightly more than Calgary’s mayor, Naheed Nenshi, who garnered 40 per cent of the vote. (Vancouver Mayor Gregor Robertson took 53 per cent of the vote in 2011.)
One of the protesters at a rally in front of Toronto City Hall the other day held up a sign calling for a “Fordless Toronto.” That says it all — this is clearly all about politics. It’s about an overweight and rather rumpled Rob Ford not being what these self-appointed elitists think Toronto should look like, or think like, or be like. So, they’re desperately grasping at the flimsiest straws they can find, to force him out of office.
Otherwise, why would supposedly rational people be exhibiting the alarming symptoms of hydrophobia over a video they’ve never seen, one which may be bogus and, for all anybody knows, might not even exist?
Do the words “due process” mean anything to these people? There is absolutely no evidence of any wrongdoing on Ford’s part, yet his opponents apparently believe him guilty of smoking crack. In their minds, since his politics and persona don’t jibe with their own, he automatically forfeits the presumption of innocence that every other Canadian is entitled to when accused of illegal activity. Not even the rankest amateur among Crown attorneys would stand up in court and insist he or she had a solid case against a defendant, even though the single key piece of evidence had never been proven to exist.......................

The Rob Ford lynch mob should be ashamed

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
Doesnt really matter to me one way or another. Seeing as I dont live in Toronto its just entertainment for me.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
for unproven allegations. I liked this article, if Ford actually turned out to be guilty, fine, hang him. Otherwise grow up children.

Have you read much from 'the left' on this forum about it? I can only think of one left leaning poster who was partisan blind enough to buy the Ford crack head story.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I find it pretty representative, the percentages tend to hold up nicely. There's 'the left', and then there's the people who swallow bull like the Ford scandal. They're such a small percentage, it feels disingenuous to call them 'the left'.

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
How do we even know it's bull?

We have several reporters who claim to have seen a what appears to be a credible video of Rob Ford smoking crack, a picture of him with the people supposedly involved and often conflicting and sometimes bizarre information coming from the Ford family, which let's face it, is hardly your conventional family. Both his sister and one of his brothers have verified links to the drug trade and some pretty serious violence that takes place there, was that all manufactured.

There's also the claims of a number of people of Doug Ford being directly involved in the drug trade, so Rob Ford could very well have been exposed to drugs throughout his life.

There's also the members of Ford's staff that left over this and some strange events going on inside the mayors office regarding the location of any videos, the press didn't make that up.

If people want to believe the fantasy that Rob Ford is some lily white knight in shining armor here to save Toronto from the lefties or whatever catchphrase presses the right buttons for certain voting demographics then fine go ahead. But even though there are flaws in how our media works, I think it's ridiculous to believe that Rob Ford offers anything real to Toronto besides continuing spectacle.

It's getting really tired hearing the same old persecution BS around the Fords, if they stopped creating half the crises and actually did their jobs then there wouldn't be a story to report.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

We have several reporters who claim to have seen a what appears to be a credible video of Rob Ford smoking crack, a picture of him with the people supposedly involved and often conflicting and sometimes bizarre information coming from the Ford family, which let's face it, is hardly your conventional family. Both his sister and one of his brothers have verified links to the drug trade and some pretty serious violence that takes place there, was that all manufactured.

There's also the claims of a number of people of Doug Ford being directly involved in the drug trade, so Rob Ford could very well have been exposed to drugs throughout his life.

There's also the members of Ford's staff that left over this and some strange events going on inside the mayors office regarding the location of any videos, the press didn't make that up.

If people want to believe the fantasy that Rob Ford is some lily white knight in shining armor here to save Toronto from the lefties or whatever catchphrase presses the right buttons for certain voting demographics then fine go ahead. But even though there are flaws in how our media works, I think it's ridiculous to believe that Rob Ford offers anything real to Toronto besides continuing spectacle.

It's getting really tired hearing the same old persecution BS around the Fords, if they stopped creating half the crises and actually did their jobs then there wouldn't be a story to report.

All claims from anonymous sources- each and every one. And Newspapers are free to make claims as long as they did it in good faith. Does not matter if later they find out the sources were liars. They have performed their due diligence under libel laws as they apply to the Press.
Try suing them if it was late determined that every source lied- You would not win.

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
All claims from anonymous sources- each and every one. And Newspapers are free to make claims as long as they did it in good faith. Does not matter if later they find out the sources were liars. They have performed their due diligence under libel laws as they apply to the Press.
Try suing them if it was late determined that every source lied- You would not win.

I disagree.

Rob and Doug ford are taking the same approach as the people they condemn in the press, trying who they see as opponents in that same press.

There's no question that things like this maintain both Fords profile at a very high level, meaning they don't really need to perform in their civic roles at a high level to stay in the spotlight.

In the middle of this Doug Ford went on TV talking about how persecuted he and his family were and how tarnished their reputation was. We have legal avenues to follow to address damages like this but Ford ruled that out from the start, which raises the question of how high he really places his families reputation and or their chances of successfully fighting a libel case based on the facts.

I don't see anyone as taking the high ground here, in fact there doesn't seem to be much left at all in Toronto and that's sad, and something that the Fords have done their fair share in bringing about.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
I disagree.

Rob and Doug ford are taking the same approach as the people they condemn in the press, trying who they see as opponents in that same press.

There's no question that things like maintain both Fords profile at a very high level, meaning they don't really need to perform in their civic roles at a high level to stay in the spotlight.

In the middle of this Doug Ford went on TV talking about how persecuted he and his family was and how tarnished their reputation was. We have legal avenues to follow to address damages like this but Ford ruled that from the start, which raises the question of how high he really places his families reputation and or their chances of successfully fighting a libel case.

I don't see anyone as taking the high ground here, in fact there doesn't seem to be much left at all in Toronto and that's sad, and something that the Fords have done their fair share in bringing about.

Where's the beef- the evidence- None. You are too partisan to understand. As to Doug- More blather- That is not a crime.

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
If Ford is such a great guy then why is he even associating with people involved in such serious crime?

Rob Ford knew men in photo, Toronto police sources say - Toronto - CBC News

Toronto investigators knew about an ongoing relationship between Mayor Rob Ford and the men he's seen posing with in a widely publicized photograph that has ties to his alleged drug use, police sources tell CBC News.

Two of the men pictured with Ford were arrested today in a series of pre-dawn raids targeting guns and gangs in the city's west end. A third man in the photo, Anthony Smith, was shot dead outside a King Street nightclub two months ago.

In a press conference, Blair cited a number of successes of the "complex investigation" that he said will make streets safer including:

19 arrests in Toronto, nine more in Windsor, Ont., a total of 19 warrants issued.
40 firearms seized.
$3 million in narcotics seized.
More than $572,000 in cash seized.
“We can make a difference by incapacitating the most violent of offenders,” said Blair. “We know many families that have lost their sons to violence.”

The fact that he's directly connected with this criminal element is disturbing.

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle

Odd how so many people voted for him. They should have listened to you.

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
Where's the beef- the evidence- None. You are too partisan to understand. As to Doug- More blather- That is not a crime.

Read the story I just posted, if you decide that everything that comes out of Ford's mouth is gospel and anything negative said about him is 100% percent wrong then what's the point in even discussing this?

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
If Ford is such a great guy then why is he even associating with people involved in such serious crime?

Rob Ford knew men in photo, Toronto police sources say - Toronto - CBC News

The fact that he's even indirectly connected with this criminal element is disturbing.
The new leader of the Quebec Liberal Party has had connections to those types.
How much news did that make. Does that tell you anything.

Did I ever state he was a great guy- No- I have stated repeatedly that Ford is the father of his own misfortunes.
But that is not a crime.
Unless you are a Conservative then it appears to be a crime.

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle
Read the story I just posted, if you decide that everything that comes out of Ford's mouth is gospel and anything negative said about him is 100% percent wrong then what's the point in even discussing this?

Who other than you, said anything about truth or lies? You really hate anyone messing with your obvious agenda it appears.