The NDP, at it again...

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Keith Ashfield won’t apologize for ‘sexist’ wife comment to student | Canadian Politics | Canada | News | National Post

ffs!

NDP MP Megan Leslie of Halifax

“Leave it to the Conservatives to encourage young women to get married as part of their economic action plan, but his comments were disrespectful …. In other words, ‘There, there, stop planning for your future.”

What a first rate clown.Grace Moreno, the supposed victim of this insensitive comment...

“Grace, you’re a great cook, You’re going to make a wonderful wife for somebody.”

By Conservative Keith Ashfield. Responded by saying...

“In regards to what [the] Honourable Keith Ashfield said, I feel that it was a compliment,” she wrote. “On the day that he visited, our family welcomed him as our guest and treated him with Filipino hospitality. I personally made him a Filipino bread called ‘Ensaymada’. He complimented me on the bread, and I appreciated the thanks. I was not offended whatsoever and it is unfair that the Minister’s comment was taken out of context.”

I find it humours...

How much smarter a child is, than an elected representative.
How disrespectful Megan Leslie is to stay at home moms.
How utterly idiotic and low the NDP can go to fabricate outrage.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Yeah, I read this a couple of days ago, maybe less. Of course the headline jumps out, but when I read the actual comment in the context in which it was said, it was pretty obvious to me that there was no insult or sexism intended.

This is just more b.s. political rhetoric and making mountains out of mole hills. I'm certain Cobalt will be along shortly to tell us Ashfield is Goering or perhaps Mengele.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Yeah, you can make fun of my spelling to your little heart's content. It doesn't erase the idiocy of comparing contemporary politicians to leaders of the Nazi party during World War 2. I am beyond fed up with childish bull crap posing as political discussion. People need to get the hell over themselves in a big way.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Yeah, you can make fun of my spelling to your little heart's content. It doesn't erase the idiocy of comparing contemporary politicians to leaders of the Nazi party during World War 2. I am beyond fed up with childish bull crap posing as political discussion. People need to get the hell over themselves in a big way.
I think people should get over politics. It is like discussing various characters on Survivor... meaningless drivel.

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
I was agreeing with youse! My spelling just made it more "Nazi." Of course it is idiotic, but people do it to shut down debate.