Space Man Brings Space Cadet Back Down To Earth

TeddyBallgame

Time Out
Mar 30, 2012
- The third of five Liberal leadership debates was held in Mississauga this afternoon and The Space Man Marc Garbeau quickly brought The Space Cadet Justin Trudeau back down to earth with a loud thud.

- In a move that was anathema to the win-at-all-costs Liberals (even if you need to nominate The Ikea Monkey to get elected), Garneau had the bad form to ask young Trudeau the one question that nobody outside of Liberal circles has been able to answer thus far.

- Explaining to the young man that this was a job interview, Garneau asked Trudeau, "What in your résumé qualifies you to be the leader of the country?"

- A visibly uncomfortable Trudeau responded that "Leadership is about drawing people in, and about involving Canadians in the kinds of conversations we have, and you can't lead from a podium in a press conference, you can't win over Canadians with a five-point plan, you have to connect with them. And we have to make room for Canadians in the debate that we have coming forward."

- This bit of buffoonish bafflegab - something about being able to suck people in by not having a five point or any other plan and to have tons of conversations but no press conferences or podiums - quite naturally did not convince Garneau that The Space Cadet had the relevant experience, accomplishments, judgement and policies to even dream of running a party let alone a country so Marc gave it another go.

- In Take Two, The Space Man asked The Space Cadet, "If we're talking policy, you haven't really addressed specific policy to the middle class. You've spoken in generalities. You and I are both competing for a job... what is it in your résumé that qualifies you to be the future prime minister of Canada?"

- Responded Trudeau Junior, "I fought extremely hard to earn a nomination in Papineau that involved going up against strong Liberals and convincing people to come together under my leadership."

- Loosely translated, Justin's answer was that because he inherited the Trudeau fortune and also the Trudeau name which got him some lucrative speaking gigs, he could afford to devote most of two years to engage in non-stop campaiging to win a seat in Montreal in 2008 which, along with his father's name, enabled him to win the seat in 2008 and again in 2011.

- So when one strips the answer down to its essence, Junior says that he is as qualified as any of the other 307 politicians who won federal elections in 2008 and 2011.

- Like anyone else with a functioning cerebral cortex and not blinded by the heavenly hair, the dreamy eyes and the family name, Garneau was not satisfied with this non-answer either and began to ask the question a third time.

- Lucky Junior was saved from having to try again when the three-minute clock for the one-on-one debate between The Space Man and The Space Cadet ran out.

- What a desperate, bordering on farcical organization the Liberal party is fast becoming.

- If they are so shallow and stupid and cynical as to nominate this singularly unaccomplished and embarrassingly unqualified kid as their new leader, they will have taken another giant step toward their just reward in the dustbin of history.

- As Marc Garneau put it earlier in the week at a press conference: "as Liberals we can not afford to wait until after the leadership race to find out what we signed up for. Justin has stated that now is not the time to tell Liberals, to tell Canadians, where he stands and what his plan is for the country. He has said he will do this after the leadership race, sometime before the next election in 2015. In my opinion, this is the same as asking Canadians to buy a new car without test-driving it. He has told Canadians that we need a bold plan and a clear vision without defining either. On Justin's two clear priorities, the middle class and youth engagement he has said nothing,"

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Buffoonish bafflegab is the western institutional standard, why would anyone be surprised or even comment unless perhaps self immolation accompanies the rhetoric. In that case it might be worth listening to.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
ANOTHER Trudeau thread. Justin must be REALLY scaring the crap out of teddytheballessgamer.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Not just Teddy. Look at all the cons on here jumping on the bandwagon.
I'm not a con, I'm a hippy, and i despise Justin for three simple reasons, he has no platform, he stuck his foot in his mouth (Barbarism offense), and he has made it abundantly clear he is his dads son.

As good a reason as any to endorse the dude.
What an absolutely idiotic statement.

Justin must be REALLY scaring the crap out of teddytheballessgamer.
He scares the crap out of me for sure.

He has no plan.

He's already made it clear he's soft.

He hired his brother, a raving dictator loving idiot.

He really is his fathers son.

What's not to fear?

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
I'm not a con, I'm a hippy, and i despise Justin for three simple reasons, he has no platform, he stuck his foot in his mouth (Barbarism offense), and he has made it abundantly clear he is his dads son.

What an absolutely idiotic statement.

He scares the crap out of me for sure.

He has no plan.

He's already made it clear he's soft.

He hired his brother, a raving dictator loving idiot.

He really is his fathers son.

What's not to fear?

Have to agree with you there. I have voted both Liberal and Conservative. JUST-IN just doesn't have what it takes to be a leader

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
To be a leader in the west you have to follow the monies desires very attentively. The money thinks he's suitable material, and you will note he is running for office so he has already successfully passed those initial sieves and filters, at least he will be introduced to the poor stupid Canadian electorate and they will become used to being hand fed by the future shinny prince. Real political leadership does not exist in the west. Everyone one of them are bank agents or they don't get to run for office.

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I actually think that Mr. Justin Trudeau M.P. (Papineau), the Liberal Party Critic for Post Secondary Education, Youth, and Amateur Sport), answered the question with effect and grace. Mr. Trudeau seems to be promoting a style of leadership that is much more about trust-in-cabinet and vision than it is about media-buzz three-point action plans that never actually amount to anything.

It is my hope that once Mr. Trudeau takes the leadership of the Liberal Party of Canada and vaults the party forward to be restored as Her Majesty's Government for Canada, that we end up with a system of government where power is less centralised in the office of the prime minister, and where we see more of the personality and talent of the ministers of each department. This will lead to a government where diversity of opinion and perspective is more valued, and where the decisions of the cabinet are more responsive to Canadians.

The fact that we have now heard apologies in recent days for the immature and inappropriate way in which other leadership candidates have attacked Mr. Trudeau and his character, should only serve to reassure Canadians (and Liberals) that we are indeed putting our trust in the correct person; Mr. Trudeau has handled himself with the stateliness, charisma, and nobility of purpose that has been lacking in the office of the prime minister for a decade now.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Actually the spaceman did not do that well. I am not a Liberal but the fact is Justin
is scaring a lot of people and listening to the way he conducted himself he did well.
Yes he was asked some tough questions, but he also got an apology from one
the next day. He wasn't from the middle class but as many point out neither was
Bobby Kennedy in the US.
Justin will likely win this thing and if he does don't be surprised if lightning doesn't
strike twice Teddy He has youth and looks and a style. Women like him, the middle
class and the youth and poor people will likely like him and that means he could win

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Actually the spaceman did not do that well. I am not a Liberal but the fact is Justin
is scaring a lot of people and listening to the way he conducted himself he did well.
Yes he was asked some tough questions, but he also got an apology from one
the next day. He wasn't from the middle class but as many point out neither was
Bobby Kennedy in the US.
Justin will likely win this thing and if he does don't be surprised if lightning doesn't
strike twice Teddy He has youth and looks and a style. Women like him, the middle
class and the youth and poor people will likely like him and that means he could win

Most people are blissfully unaware of politics. These are the ones that like just-in the same way they love their favorite soap star. The talent level is about the same too.
Fortunately for Canada just-in leading the liberals will ensure continued good conservative governments.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
Most people are blissfully unaware of politics. These are the ones that like just-in the same way they love their favorite soap star. The talent level is about the same too.
Fortunately for Canada just-in leading the liberals will ensure continued good conservative governments.

Mr Harper will stay in power and Mr Trudeau will become the darling rebel opposition complete with flowers and love-ins, while the nation devolves into poverty and war and eternal internationalist bondage. A herd of trough eating organisms in blue dresses hardly counts as good government. There is nothing remotely conservative about any of them. You are thinking about some other century.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
I also have a feeling that Trudeau will win the leadership for the liberal party.....

And to be honest.... Whether its Trudeau, Garneau, Findlay it wont make a difference.....

Does it ever make a difference? In my "short existence", compared to you old farts.... i havent seen a politician that was truly for the people....