Quit picking on the Shiny Pony

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
The first Liberal leadership debate on Sunday in Vancouver will introduce the public to the nine candidates, even if the number of speakers and limited time might not allow much light to be shed on policy.
But as the nine candidates take their places on stage, it's got to be a source of comfort for Liberals that some of the pitfalls of their last two races aren't about to be repeated .
No matter how many people say this is Justin Trudeau's race to lose, at least he's running against a full field, and not against just one other marginal candidate, as Paul Martin did in 2003, winning almost 94 per cent of the vote, against Sheila Copps' six per cent.

Liberal leadership debate set to showcase candidates - Politics - CBC News

Who is looking for Justin(Shiny Pony)Trudeau to win this first round tomorrow???????;-)

Last edited by a moderator:

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Re: Shiny Pony.......

The first Liberal leadership debate on Sunday in Vancouver will introduce the public to the nine candidates, even if the number of speakers and limited time might not allow much light to be shed on policy.
But as the nine candidates take their places on stage, it's got to be a source of comfort for Liberals that some of the pitfalls of their last two races aren't about to be repeated .
No matter how many people say this is Justin Trudeau's race to lose, at least he's running against a full field, and not against just one other marginal candidate, as Paul Martin did in 2003, winning almost 94 per cent of the vote, against Sheila Copps' six per cent.

Liberal leadership debate set to showcase candidates - Politics - CBC News

Who is looking for Justin(Shiny Pony)Trudeau to win this first round tomorrow???????;-)

GO Justin GO!!!

I so want Justin to win!!!

Heh heh heh.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia

My brother, bless his pointy little head, hopes young Saint Justin takes the country by storm and slays all the dragons and leads the nation from Camelot. Nine of them eh, that's a bit indecisive isn't it?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

My brother, bless his pointy little head, hopes young Saint Justin takes the country by storm and slays all the dragons and leads the nation from Camelot. Nine of them eh, that's a bit indecisive isn't it?
Camelot? I thought it was more like Mordor.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
The Shiny Pony Returns to Canada's Left Coast

via sda

Justin Trudeau agreed to an interview with Global TV's Jas Johal yesterday, which you can watch here.
Here is the reaction of well known B.C. political pundit, Alex G. Tsakumis, republished with permission:

If this is the idiotic, rhetorical ineffectiveness that the Liberal Party of Canada and their team of fools, think is going to get an unaccomplished, airhead across the goal line before Stephen Harper, then I misjudged the Grits integrity -- they have none. It's grotesquely offensive to me as a Canadian that the Liberal Party of Canada has clearly learned nothing from the progressively more punishing rebuke they earned, thrice, at the polls. Win, by all means. But the offering of Justin Trudeau as anything even approaching a legitimate, credible candidate, is so utterly and completely insulting to the intelligence of the Canadian public. Being in public life shouldn't be on-the-job training. His interview with Jas Johal tonight, only confirms that Trudeau has not only inherited his mother's looks, but her brains, too. Very disappointing, and a contemptible disregard for real issues. Just fluff. And beyond belief that anyone in the media could possibly take him in any way seriously. Beyond belief.

jjaycee98

Electoral Member
Jan 27, 2006
British Columbia
Re: The Shiny Pony Returns to Canada's Left Coast

via sda

Justin Trudeau agreed to an interview with Global TV's Jas Johal yesterday, which you can watch here.
Here is the reaction of well known B.C. political pundit, Alex G. Tsakumis, republished with permission:
If this is the idiotic, rhetorical ineffectiveness that the Liberal Party of Canada and their team of fools, think is going to get an unaccomplished, airhead across the goal line before Stephen Harper, then I misjudged the Grits integrity -- they have none. It's grotesquely offensive to me as a Canadian that the Liberal Party of Canada has clearly learned nothing from the progressively more punishing rebuke they earned, thrice, at the polls. Win, by all means. But the offering of Justin Trudeau as anything even approaching a legitimate, credible candidate, is so utterly and completely insulting to the intelligence of the Canadian public. Being in public life shouldn't be on-the-job training. His interview with Jas Johal tonight, only confirms that Trudeau has not only inherited his mother's looks, but her brains, too. Very disappointing, and a contemptible disregard for real issues. Just fluff. And beyond belief that anyone in the media could possibly take him in any way seriously. Beyond belief.

Exactly!

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net

via sda

Pretty much. Like I keep saying, the silly shyte is more like his mother than his father: not trying to lay the stones for for good purposes, but laying the Stones for personal gratification, so to speak. I never did like his father but I respected him. Not so his mother.
The dude's right about the Gliberals, too.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

F*cking Bronies LOL

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
More shiny ponyness

As an MP, Trudeau shouldn’t be charging the public for speeches

Quickly now: What do the following have in common? No Googling necessary.

• London Health Sciences Centre ($20,000)
  • Ontario Library Association ($10,000)
  • The Learning Partnership ($10,000)
  • Waterloo Catholic District School Board ($15,000)
  • Ontario Public Service Employees Union ($20,000)
  • Charity of Hope, Hamilton ($15,000)
  • Algonquin and Lakeshore Catholic District School Board ($15,000)
  • Kincardine District Secondary School ($10,000)
  • Queen’s University ($12,000)
  • Literacy for Life, Saskatoon ($20,000)
  • Canadian Mental Health Association, Halton region ($20,000)
  • Grace Foundation, St. John ($20,000)
First, they are all not-for-profit organizations.

more scented horse hockey

As an MP, Trudeau shouldn’t be charging the public for speeches - The Globe and Mail

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Re: More shiny ponyness

As an MP, Trudeau shouldn’t be charging the public for speeches

Quickly now: What do the following have in common? No Googling necessary.

• London Health Sciences Centre ($20,000)
  • Ontario Library Association ($10,000)
  • The Learning Partnership ($10,000)
  • Waterloo Catholic District School Board ($15,000)
  • Ontario Public Service Employees Union ($20,000)
  • Charity of Hope, Hamilton ($15,000)
  • Algonquin and Lakeshore Catholic District School Board ($15,000)
  • Kincardine District Secondary School ($10,000)
  • Queen’s University ($12,000)
  • Literacy for Life, Saskatoon ($20,000)
  • Canadian Mental Health Association, Halton region ($20,000)
  • Grace Foundation, St. John ($20,000)
First, they are all not-for-profit organizations.

more scented horse hockey

As an MP, Trudeau shouldn’t be charging the public for speeches - The Globe and Mail

To be fair, his speaking engagements for pay were cleared by the Ethics Commissioner.......so yes, they were above board.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

To be fair, his speaking engagements for pay were cleared by the Ethics Commissioner.......so yes, they were above board.
Indeed but that doesn't mean jacksh*t to a Spastic because they don't know any better.

MPs can have side jobs and business all they want as long as there is no conflict of interest and income is claimed.

Another thread that is a shining beacon of stupidity.

They even get trips paid by Charities....and yes this includes CPC MPs.

Canadian charities spend thousands hosting MPs on foreign trips

There sure are a lot of ponies in Ottawa!

OTTAWA — Canadian charities that raise money to feed malnourished children and develop sanitation projects in the developing world have spent more than $40,000 taking MPs on foreign trips over the past two years.

Registered charities World Vision Canada, Engineers without Borders and Canadian Economic Development Assistance for Southern Sudan have all sponsored trips for MPs — and, in some cases, their spouses — according to reports filed with the federal ethics commissioner.

All MPs are required to file a report when they accept trips from third parties, which are considered a perk for backbench or opposition MPs who normally travel only between their ridings and Ottawa.

Most sponsors of MP junkets are trade associations or diplomatic groups, such as the Chinese International Economic Cooperation Association or the Centre for Israel and Jewish Affairs.

But it is unusual for charitable organizations that raise funds in Canada to use their money to fly MPs around the world.

Travel reports show that last year World Vision Canada took Conservative Dean Allison, Liberal Wayne Easter and New Democrat Isabelle Morin to Bangkok, Thailand, and Phnom Penh, Cambodia, to raise awareness of human trafficking. The MPs’ trips cost the charity a total of $13,097.

The year before, World Vision sponsored Conservative Peter Braid, Liberal John McCallum and Liberal Lise Zarac to travel to Ethiopia on a trip focused on maternal health. Braid and McCallum brought their wives along. Total cost for the travel: $8,711.

World Vision raises money for poor and hungry children around the world and is known for advertisements encouraging Canadians to “sponsor” a needy child.

This year, the charity plans to take a group of yet-unidentified MPs to Bangladesh, scene of a building collapse that killed more than 500 garment workers earlier this month.

“It’s about helping bring children’s voices to MPs,” said Elly Vandenberg, World Vision’s senior director of policy and advocacy.

She defended the MP “learning trips” as a good use of the charity’s money.

In the House of Commons, MPs hear from government staff or experts on development issues but don’t often get to speak directly to the people affected by Canadian policy abroad, she said: “It helps MPs better understand the issues affecting poor people — children, families.”

Vandenberg says she has heard from World Vision supporters who are pleased to learn about the outreach to MPs.

The organization selects the MPs for the delegations carefully, Vandenberg says, and asks them to commit to sharing what they learn on the trips with constituents. They fly economy class only, she said, unless they decided to upgrade at their own expense. Some MPs decline the offer, she said.

Conservative Allison also took a weeklong trip to Juba, Sudan, in March 2013, along with along with fellow Tory Dave Van Kesteren, a member of the foreign affairs committee. They went to “observe the activities of a Canadian NGO,” according to Allison’s report.

The trip was arranged by the Canadian Economic Development Assistance for Southern Sudan, a registered Canadian charity. The cost of their travel — $10,490 in total — was not paid from charity funds but by an unnamed donor who is passionate about the cause, according the group’s founder, David Tennant.

“I would take MP over there at any time because we’re trying to create an awareness of what we’re doing,” said Tennant.

Allison and Van Kesteren have been supporters for several years, Tennant said, and he stressed that the trip was difficult travel.
“It’s not Vegas. It’s not someplace you think, gee, I’d like a little break. I’ll go South Sudan.”
Neither Allison nor Van Kesteren responded to requests for comment.

Van Kesteren also travelled, along with then-Conservative MP Peter Goldring, to Ghana in 2011 to “provide Canadian MPs with insight into opportunities for Canada to support and invest in development of Ghana and of Africa more broadly.”

The cost for the two MPs’ travel, $7,804, was paid by Engineers Without Borders, a charity that helps develop sanitation and agricultural projects in Africa. The charity did not respond to a request for comment.

Allison, chair of the House of Commons foreign affairs committee, last year took another trip to Senegal, paid for by Micronutrient Initiative, a non-profit organization funds health and nutrition initiatives in the developing world. The trip cost the organization $7,381. (Although it has a charity number from the Canada Revenue Agency, Micronutrient Initiative doesn’t solicit donations from the public and is primarily funded by CIDA.

Allison visited Dakar to attend the launch of program promoting zinc for children.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

Now, before anyone decides that I've gone all mushy over Justin's hair-do........let's talk about his constant absenteeism, the fact he was hired to do a job as an MP, which he has utterly failed to do.

And while we are at it, shall we examine his qualifications for PM??

His life experience??

His policies??

Or lack thereof........

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007

..."I’m not sure what’s more outrageous: that these organizations shelled out very big bucks to have an MP address them – and if I were involved in any of them I’d want heads to roll – or that this MP didn’t have the good sense or ethical sensibility to decline."

..."As well, his speaking gigs were, to my surprise, approved by the Parliamentary Ethics Commissioner, Mary Dawson. Still, it left the decision to his own judgment, which is precisely the issue here."

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

..."I’m not sure what’s more outrageous: that these organizations shelled out very big bucks to have an MP address them – and if I were involved in any of them I’d want heads to roll – or that this MP didn’t have the good sense or ethical sensibility to decline."

..."As well, his speaking gigs were, to my surprise, approved by the Parliamentary Ethics Commissioner, Mary Dawson. Still, it left the decision to his own judgment, which is precisely the issue here."
Well , it seems that it is his detracters that are making the judgement as to their ethics. Why does it bother people that he decided to go ahead. Supposedly it is his decision, not yours.

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007

Now, before anyone decides that I've gone all mushy over Justin's hair-do........let's talk about his constant absenteeism, the fact he was hired to do a job as an MP, which he has utterly failed to do.

And while we are at it, shall we examine his qualifications for PM??

His life experience??

His policies??

Or lack thereof........

As opposed to what, the great job that Harper is doing?

We have one of the most undemocratic and possibly corrupt leaders in our history when you consider the likely long term very negative impacts of policies currently being followed.

If it turns out that Justin Trudeau is a devil worshiper that wants to take this country to hell with him, the consequences could be on the same scale as the worst case scenarios being put forward by experts on climate change. Something Harper is doing nothing to address, on this one issue alone Justin Trudeau could provide leadership that will save billions of dollars and many lives in Canada in the coming years.

Conservative supporters find niggling little things to attack Trudeau on but ignore the gaping wound that is the Harper government.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

Cobalt kid.....Trudeau backs the oil sands 100%. Remember it was his dad and Maurice Strong that kicked it all off after all.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

As opposed to what, the great job that Harper is doing?

We have one of the most undemocratic and possibly corrupt leaders in our history when you consider the likely long term very negative impacts of policies currently being followed.

If it turns out that Justin Trudeau is a devil worshiper that wants to take this country to hell with him, the consequences could be on the same scale as the worst case scenarios being put forward by experts on climate change. Something Harper is doing nothing to address, on this one issue alone Justin Trudeau could provide leadership that will save billions of dollars and many lives in Canada in the coming years.

Conservative supporters find niggling little things to attack Trudeau on but ignore the gaping wound that is the Harper government.

There has never been the slightest hint of Harper corruption. None.

"Long term very negative policies" is very much a matter of opinion. Considering he is doing what he was elected to do, that charge is groundless.

You understand that the mean temperature of the world has risen 0.8 of a degree Celcius....in the last 140 years. Give it a break. Oh, and you do understand Justin is pro-pipeline and pro-oilsands....or is he lying????????????

I'm surprised Justin can figure out how to put his pants on in the morning, much less "save billions of dollars and many lives in Canada in the coming years."