Lower inflation, soft GDP points to weakness in Canadian economy

taxslave
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by damngrumpyView Post

The reason you don't have skilled workers anymore is because a number of more
conservative governments eliminated the skilled worker training programs for our
youth instead they want to bring in cheap labour from off shore and give them the
incentives they should have given our children.
Someone mentioned entitlements, well they are not really entitlements they were
bought and paid for for the most part from payroll taxes when I for one was younger.
If entitlement means do I want the benefits I paid for "Damn right I do"
We wonder why we are having trouble, all those free trade deals that benefit the third
world at our expense. If we are going to have free trade it should be with countries
that have similar standards of living and other workplace rules. No more having our
companies going off shore for cheap labour and skirting environmental and labour laws
that our patriotic stay come companies have to compete with.
I say patriotic because there are many responsible companies that do stay here and
provide jobs and benefits and they don't have to be legislated to do it. It is time for a
dose of real protectionism as it were. All or most product leaving Canada should be
value added. Tax incentives should be given to companies that keep most of their
manufacturing here. This would include fuel costs and electrical rates.
In addition we could provide lower tax rates for factories that settle here instead of
in the third world.

In BC most of the problems with apprenticeships were caused by dippers and their agenda.

Angstrom
Liberal
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

I wonder what the economy would look like if SK and AB had the 250,000 skilled people needed ASAP? Why are we going to have to rely on immigration when there are skilled people in Canada to fill those jobs and another 250,000 to support the skilled people and their families?

The rest of Canada isn't hungry enough?

I guess no one wants to go live in that shiiit hole???

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by AngstromView Post

I guess no one wants to go live in that shiiit hole???

The **** is warmer and cozier in their **** hole?

gerryh
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

In BC most of the problems with apprenticeships were caused by dippers and their agenda.

bullshyte