tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Cortes Island citizens prepare for logging protests | The Vancouver Observer

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
When a garden exists it means it is also meant to be harvested which also means being wise in what you plant in the first place. If clear-cut logging was Phase 1 then the final phase should have it looking like this. Build once as it would be very expensive and harvest (2x per year) 10,000 times at no additional expense

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
I guess the fact that this is private land and is under tree farm license has no bearing on it.

I don't think the active logging picture is on Cortez Island either having been there numerous times and don't recall anything that steep.
Funny thing about COrtez islanders( actually there are many funny things about them) they want their nirvana island lifestyle but want the taxpayers to subsidize their ferry rides.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
It's about making the land productive for the good of the greater number in society, today that is starting to be an international issue, nor was I suggesting that it start or end on that Island, logging period should do that so when they come back again all the hard work has been done and the amount that is harvested in the whole of 1 cycle (60 years for trees) where secondary crops are harvest yearly in all that time, food just case something big goes wrong with the planet and then arts and crafts and war being the least productive thing to do after the food thing.
Just in sight (for me) that would mean landscaping 800 sq mi using more than just beavers. Permaculture would also work as it starts with eliminating flash flood type issues and eliminated them through a series of low dams. the mechanical beavers of the high country.

I'm looking forward to being paid $20 to take people out into the swamp with 3 days worth of food and letting them find their own way out (rescue after 5 days) Therapy for the ones that don't like seeing people first thing in the morning.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Swimming lessons would be cheaper.
Be humane about it, give them all work from home jobs and 'regular service' is once a month but at least it will be a full load both ways

Price, ... all your old trees belong to 'us' but a least you get left with land that is actually productive in case the ferry sinks.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Swimming lessons would be cheaper.
How far below the waves before the cause of sea sickness goes away and how much air would be needed using a surplus torpedo say from NK to get back and forth for personal reasons?

Can you survive on selling Avon?
Yeah, cause the same cart also carries the Smirnoff line of personal fragrances. Host some servers, oh wait, salt water, Auto=cad and simulations to design out known flaws in hardware used someplace on the planet, train people in the outback parts how to use there new tablet things so they can at least be deceived in 'real-time'.