Ford down Harper next

Redmonton_Rebel
We got rid of one corrupt and abusive politician with Ford being removed, now it's time for Harper to go.

Canadians can't stand Ford

Over 80% of respondents agree Ford needed to go.

Harper shows the same contempt for rules and respect for the democratic process federally, we should remove him for the robocall election fraud, and everything else he's done to degrade our free and open system of government.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Redmonton_RebelView Post

We got rid of one corrupt and abusive politician with Ford being removed, now it's time for Harper to go.

Harper shows the same contempt for rules and respect for the democratic process federally, we should remove him for the robocall election fraud, and everything else he's done to degrade our free and open system of government.

Just a couple of points................1. He ain't going anytime soon and 2. We'd have to find a decent replacement. and #3 we need someone who treats seniors as well as he does.

Locutus
+10
#3  Top Rated Post
Man will land on the Sun before Harper ever gets chucked. He's wayyyy to brilliant a parliamentarian for any lefty or group of lefties.

Tonington
+4
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

and #3 we need someone who treats seniors as well as he does.

Does he robocall you every Sunday?

I don't really know much about Toronto's mayor, but from what I do know, comparing him to Harper is dumb. Harper hasn't broke any conflict of interest laws. At least there isn't any evidence he has.

CDNBear
+1
Ford will appeal, and likely win.

We have a pool going on the site.

Spade
Free Thinker
+1

Just a couple of points................1. He ain't going anytime soon and 2. We'd have to find a decent replacement. and #3 we need someone who treats seniors as well as he does.

Point of Order!
Those are three points.
And may I amend #3?
We don't need someone who treats Don Cherry as well as he does

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by ToningtonView Post

Does he robocall you every Sunday?

I don't really know much about Toronto's mayor, but from what I do know, comparing him to Harper is dumb. Harper hasn't broke any conflict of interest laws. At least there isn't any evidence he has.

Nope, I just pay about $2000 less a year income tax since he brought in income splitting. I shouldn't really be mentioning this in case he has forgotten! -

Quote: Originally Posted by SpadeView Post

Point of Order!
Those are three points.
And may I amend #3?

#3 was an afterthought. Cherry keeps the habadashers in business...........I bet as long he keeps Cherry going in there, he probably gets his suits buckshee!

SLM
No Party Affiliation
+5
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

Man will land on the Sun before Harper ever gets chucked. He's wayyyy to brilliant a parliamentarian for any lefty or group of lefties.

He is a gifted politician, I'll definitely give the man that.

And like all really gifted politicians he'll toss everyone else under the bus before he dives under anyway, lol.

Oh and there's also that pesky little point of him not having done anything untoward, but I'm sure that's just nit picking.

Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

If we can keep Ford on the ropes just long enough to scare the resignation out of Joey F. here in the hometown, I'd be appreciative.

L Gilbert
No Party Affiliation
+10

I couldn't give a pinch of goose shyte about Ford because he's a Toronto problem. Not only that, I can't see anyone in the federal arena I'd rather have than Harpy. Sure as f'uck don't want Turdeau 2 or Mulecare, and the other leaders are just plain insignificant.

Nuggler
+1

One can only hope, but alas, the weiner is here for at least one term. Don't think he'll be quitting anytime soon, and he's stacked the supreme court and the senate. We is FUK'd.

Thank whozit he runs an open, transparent form of democracy.

Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

Harper's not a lefty. C'mon!!.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Goober
Free Thinker
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by SpadeView Post

Point of Order!
Those are three points.
And may I amend #3?

Don like all of us has his faults.
Some of his pluses are - raising massive amounts of money for Charity
Supporting the troops
And being that rare person when he was to be awarded an Hon Deg from RMC- due to an uproar by 1 professor- he declined as he did not want anything to reflect poorly on RMC or the troops.

That prof was out of line-

Spade
Free Thinker
This morning, before work, I dropped by Tim's for a coffee. My neighbour Henry was ahead of me in line. When it was his turn to order, he said, "A double chocolate doughnut and a double-double."

"What size double-double?" the girl asked.

"A Ford!" Henry almost shouted.

"What size is that?" The girl rolled her eyes.

"Why, it's the fattest widest-mouthed empty vessel you've got," smiled Henry.

When we sat down, I asked, "What was that all about?"

Henry began to reminisce... "When I was a kid in high school, the town councillors got this bright idea to haul an old Ford Model B onto the ice of the slough just south of arena. All winter, you could buy a raffle ticket for a buck. You'd have to guess the day and time in spring when the old Model B would fall through the ice. They'd raise a bundle for local charity; the winner would get half and the charities would get half."
Later in spring, when all the ice melted, they'd wrap a cable around the rear bumper and winch the old car out! There'd be a whole lot of mud that would stick to the rear end. The whole mess would sit there on shore until after freeze-up in the fall when they'd do it all over again."

"Do they still do it?" I asked.

"Nope." said Henry, "The old Model B got so caked with mud, it was an embarassment to the town. One spring they just let it sink, and no one rescued it!"

"How's the wife?" I asked.

eh1eh
+1
I missed Don Cherry's verbose defense of Bobby Ford.

damngrumpy
No Party Affiliation
+1
Interesting comments on this one, first Harper has not broken any conflict of interest laws
more on that in a second.
Ford was a buffoon and everyone knew it he looked more like an undisciplined like the Tea
Party spokesmen or the guy with the legitimate comment. Ford is appealing but that does
not usually go that well for incumbents in cases like this.
As for Harper, well this is worse, he has convinced himself he is unbeatable and more and
more others are drinking the Kool Aid. The problem is Canadians are funny folks and political
fashion is part of our makeup. I think he is beatable but it will take some work serious work
more than having a Trudeau at the helm either.
Once Prime Ministers assume the mantle of King in Canada their tenure shortens considerably
I would not be surprised if Harper does lose or go back to a minority government that is more
likely.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by damngrumpyView Post

Interesting comments on this one, first Harper has not broken any conflict of interest laws
more on that in a second.
Ford was a buffoon and everyone knew it he looked more like an undisciplined like the Tea
Party spokesmen or the guy with the legitimate comment. Ford is appealing but that does
not usually go that well for incumbents in cases like this.
As for Harper, well this is worse, he has convinced himself he is unbeatable and more and
more others are drinking the Kool Aid. The problem is Canadians are funny folks and political
fashion is part of our makeup. I think he is beatable but it will take some work serious work
more than having a Trudeau at the helm either.
Once Prime Ministers assume the mantle of King in Canada their tenure shortens considerably
I would not be surprised if Harper does lose or go back to a minority government that is more
likely.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for Harper's downfall. The demographics are quickly changing, like a quarter of the population is over 65, where things like income splitting will go a long way to keep him in power. Liberals could have done it but didn't. I know there are a few (oddballs) who think seniors are spoilt, whining brats, but the fact remains they are a force at the polling booth. -

Locutus
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

SLM
No Party Affiliation
+2
If anyone wants to slag off on my mayor you are more than welcome to do so.

If it helps he was a former Liberal MP.

relic
Free Thinker
This oldie ain't for sale.There isn't enough Bacardi to get me to vote for that slime ball.

Goober
Free Thinker
+3

Free and Open- Did you snooze thru the Liberals rein of corruption.

taxslave
No Party Affiliation
+3

#4 So far no one has proved he had anything to do with the robocalls.

Goober
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

#4 So far no one has proved he had anything to do with the robocalls.

To some Liberals he is the devil. And I also have no use for Harper but the OP is over the top.

taxslave
No Party Affiliation
+5
Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

If anyone wants to slag off on my mayor you are more than welcome to do so.

If it helps he was a former Liberal MP.

There have been plenty of good Liberal MPs. There was......whatshisnameandthaytotherguyand.........

Goober
Free Thinker
+1

There have been plenty of good Liberal MPs. There was......whatshisnameandthaytotherguyand.........

Funny as hell

Mowich
Conservative
+1

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for Harper's downfall. The demographics are quickly changing, like a quarter of the population is over 65, where things like income splitting will go a long way to keep him in power. Liberals could have done it but didn't. I know there are a few (oddballs) who think seniors are spoilt, whining brats, but the fact remains they are a force at the polling booth. -

Yep.......us old Boomers have brains. We know a good thing when we see it and Mr Harper just happens to be it. Rock on Stephen.

lone wolf
Free Thinker
+2
He needs a steak - Canadian "inspected".

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolfView Post

He needs a steak - Canadian "inspected".

Yeah, I watched Bob Rae giving him sh*t tonight! -

Mowich
Conservative
+1

Yeah, I watched Bob Rae giving him sh*t tonight! -

I caught that on CTV today too, JLM..........could almost swear I saw spittle spewing forth from Bobbie's lips. LOL!

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by MowichView Post

I caught that on CTV today too, JLM..........could almost swear I saw spittle spewing forth from Bobbie's lips. LOL!

Yep, I don't know whether to laugh or cry when watching these guys, if the roles were reversed it would still be the same thing! -

SLM
No Party Affiliation

Now that's just mean. Not inaccurate, but mean.

Retired_Can_Soldier
+3
Does anyone know why Ford was elected in the first place?

He never abused his operating budget, answered every call made to him by the people he represented certainly didn't hurt, but the real reason that Ford was elected because the core of Toronto was busy ramming its agenda down the throats of the rest of Mega-City.

The Miller Administration, scared off business with high taxes, wasted its time on initiatives like bike lanes that operate 12 months a year bringing further gridlock to an already gridlocked city. Never mind trying to institute handgun bans that it really had no power to do. There there were the backroom deals that allowed vendors to in the Beaches to gain contracts without an outside bid.

Or how about cutting the wages of non-union city workers while giving the unions a pass. Then there was the minor issue of subjecting Toronto to a filthy garbage strike that lasted the bulk of the summer and then caving to the Union and meeting it's original demands. That Miller was one tough negotiator.

And what about all the money that was bilked out of taxpayers while counselors attended conferences on global warming out of Country? Or using their office budgets to throw party's at a whopping $12,000.00 or donating part of that operating budget to the Leather Ball.

Rob Ford was elected because a large part of Toronto was sick of the shenanigans, the corruption, the ineptness and poor leadership of the Miller Administration. Rob Ford might be a buffoon, but his worst crime to date is using some City Hall Stationary to raise money so underprivileged kids can play football rather than join a gang and sell meth or crack or shoot each other up in the street. That seems a hell of a lot more proactive than instituting a useless handgun ban.

As for Harper. Good luck getting rid of Harper. I have been a critic of this government for the last year and I don't see a viable alternative. The Liberal Party really needs to have a big helping of humble pie and not stick their finger down their throat like an anorexic who won't realize that dying of starvation is not the way to make everyone love you.

But then what should we expect from the Party that thinks it's THE NATURAL GOVERNING PARTY OF CANADA or is that QUEBEC?