Ford down Harper next

Redmonton_Rebel

Electoral Member
May 13, 2012
We got rid of one corrupt and abusive politician with Ford being removed, now it's time for Harper to go.

Canadians can't stand Ford

Over 80% of respondents agree Ford needed to go.

Harper shows the same contempt for rules and respect for the democratic process federally, we should remove him for the robocall election fraud, and everything else he's done to degrade our free and open system of government.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
We got rid of one corrupt and abusive politician with Ford being removed, now it's time for Harper to go.

Harper shows the same contempt for rules and respect for the democratic process federally, we should remove him for the robocall election fraud, and everything else he's done to degrade our free and open system of government.

Just a couple of points................1. He ain't going anytime soon and 2. We'd have to find a decent replacement. and #3 we need someone who treats seniors as well as he does.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Man will land on the Sun before Harper ever gets chucked. He's wayyyy to brilliant a parliamentarian for any lefty or group of lefties.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
and #3 we need someone who treats seniors as well as he does.

Does he robocall you every Sunday? :lol:

I don't really know much about Toronto's mayor, but from what I do know, comparing him to Harper is dumb. Harper hasn't broke any conflict of interest laws. At least there isn't any evidence he has.

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
Just a couple of points................1. He ain't going anytime soon and 2. We'd have to find a decent replacement. and #3 we need someone who treats seniors as well as he does.

Point of Order!
Those are three points.
And may I amend #3?
We don't need someone who treats Don Cherry as well as he does

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Does he robocall you every Sunday? :lol:

I don't really know much about Toronto's mayor, but from what I do know, comparing him to Harper is dumb. Harper hasn't broke any conflict of interest laws. At least there isn't any evidence he has.

Nope, I just pay about $2000 less a year income tax since he brought in income splitting. I shouldn't really be mentioning this in case he has forgotten! -:)

Point of Order!
Those are three points.
And may I amend #3?

#3 was an afterthought. Cherry keeps the habadashers in business...........I bet as long he keeps Cherry going in there, he probably gets his suits buckshee!

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Man will land on the Sun before Harper ever gets chucked. He's wayyyy to brilliant a parliamentarian for any lefty or group of lefties.

He is a gifted politician, I'll definitely give the man that.

And like all really gifted politicians he'll toss everyone else under the bus before he dives under anyway, lol.

Oh and there's also that pesky little point of him not having done anything untoward, but I'm sure that's just nit picking. ;)

Ford will appeal, and likely win.

We have a pool going on the site.

If we can keep Ford on the ropes just long enough to scare the resignation out of Joey F. here in the hometown, I'd be appreciative. :)

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net

I couldn't give a pinch of goose shyte about Ford because he's a Toronto problem. Not only that, I can't see anyone in the federal arena I'd rather have than Harpy. Sure as f'uck don't want Turdeau 2 or Mulecare, and the other leaders are just plain insignificant.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.

One can only hope, but alas, the weiner is here for at least one term. Don't think he'll be quitting anytime soon, and he's stacked the supreme court and the senate. We is FUK'd.

Thank whozit he runs an open, transparent form of democracy.

Harper's not a lefty. C'mon!!.

8OOhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!:oops:

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Point of Order!
Those are three points.
And may I amend #3?

Don like all of us has his faults.
Some of his pluses are - raising massive amounts of money for Charity
Supporting the troops
And being that rare person when he was to be awarded an Hon Deg from RMC- due to an uproar by 1 professor- he declined as he did not want anything to reflect poorly on RMC or the troops.

That prof was out of line-

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
This morning, before work, I dropped by Tim's for a coffee. My neighbour Henry was ahead of me in line. When it was his turn to order, he said, "A double chocolate doughnut and a double-double."

"What size double-double?" the girl asked.

"A Ford!" Henry almost shouted.

"What size is that?" The girl rolled her eyes.

"Why, it's the fattest widest-mouthed empty vessel you've got," smiled Henry.

When we sat down, I asked, "What was that all about?"

Henry began to reminisce... "When I was a kid in high school, the town councillors got this bright idea to haul an old Ford Model B onto the ice of the slough just south of arena. All winter, you could buy a raffle ticket for a buck. You'd have to guess the day and time in spring when the old Model B would fall through the ice. They'd raise a bundle for local charity; the winner would get half and the charities would get half."
Later in spring, when all the ice melted, they'd wrap a cable around the rear bumper and winch the old car out! There'd be a whole lot of mud that would stick to the rear end. The whole mess would sit there on shore until after freeze-up in the fall when they'd do it all over again."

"Do they still do it?" I asked.

"Nope." said Henry, "The old Model B got so caked with mud, it was an embarassment to the town. One spring they just let it sink, and no one rescued it!"

"How's the wife?" I asked.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Interesting comments on this one, first Harper has not broken any conflict of interest laws
more on that in a second.
Ford was a buffoon and everyone knew it he looked more like an undisciplined like the Tea
Party spokesmen or the guy with the legitimate comment. Ford is appealing but that does
not usually go that well for incumbents in cases like this.
As for Harper, well this is worse, he has convinced himself he is unbeatable and more and
more others are drinking the Kool Aid. The problem is Canadians are funny folks and political
fashion is part of our makeup. I think he is beatable but it will take some work serious work
more than having a Trudeau at the helm either.
Once Prime Ministers assume the mantle of King in Canada their tenure shortens considerably
I would not be surprised if Harper does lose or go back to a minority government that is more
likely.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Interesting comments on this one, first Harper has not broken any conflict of interest laws
more on that in a second.
Ford was a buffoon and everyone knew it he looked more like an undisciplined like the Tea
Party spokesmen or the guy with the legitimate comment. Ford is appealing but that does
not usually go that well for incumbents in cases like this.
As for Harper, well this is worse, he has convinced himself he is unbeatable and more and
more others are drinking the Kool Aid. The problem is Canadians are funny folks and political
fashion is part of our makeup. I think he is beatable but it will take some work serious work
more than having a Trudeau at the helm either.
Once Prime Ministers assume the mantle of King in Canada their tenure shortens considerably
I would not be surprised if Harper does lose or go back to a minority government that is more
likely.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for Harper's downfall. The demographics are quickly changing, like a quarter of the population is over 65, where things like income splitting will go a long way to keep him in power. Liberals could have done it but didn't. I know there are a few (oddballs) who think seniors are spoilt, whining brats, but the fact remains they are a force at the polling booth. -:)

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Ford will appeal, and likely win.

We have a pool going on the site.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
If anyone wants to slag off on my mayor you are more than welcome to do so.

If it helps he was a former Liberal MP.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

Free and Open- Did you snooze thru the Liberals rein of corruption.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

#4 So far no one has proved he had anything to do with the robocalls.